“A Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Midlands
“A Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We did an Oberoi tour of northern India, so we were given an upgraid in this hotel, the suite was amazing with a view over the golf course.
The service was excellent, the food very good, and the deli too, had a very good selection of snacks and naughty treats.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Ancaster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here with my family earlier this month. The hotel offered wonderful hospitality. The Beatles also arrived here for a brief stay early during the morning on July 6, 1966, primarily for George Harrison to buy a sitar. We stayed on the 4th floor, a few doors down from Room 438, the suite where The Beatles stayed. I wonder if they also enjoyed their stay as much as we did.

The hotel is located centrally so that travel to and most places in Delhi is convenient. There's a well appointed gym which my wife and I used, and indoor and outdoor lap pools. The gym provides water and towels. Breakfast is in a nice restaurant called Threesixty which as an informal cafe during the day, serving a variety of cuisines. I recommend the high tea served in the restaurant in the afternoon. A single order of high tea, which consists of sweet and savory snacks, should suffice for a group of four with supplementary orders of coffee and tea. The service is excellent and hospitable with warm touches.

The hotel has obviously gone out of its way to train its staff in superior hospitality. There are touches of it everywhere. For instance, the laundry service is just that much more attentive, the maitre d at the restaurants is just that much more pleasant, and the turbaned doorman, of the type the Beatles also observed, is just that much more welcoming.

Besides, I loved the fragrance the hotel was infused with.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the swimming pool and golf course.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay and enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools, the breakfast and the high tea. The high tea as rightly pointed by you is very popular with our guests.

I am also glad that the team made you feel pampered. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

The hotel has been home away from home to celebrities and newsmakers since the mid 60"s and we are glad that you too enjoyed the "Oberoi Touch"

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Oberoi.. From the name itself i had in my mind that i will be getting something good at this. Apart from staying Marriott, Hyaatt, Leela etc. This was my first stay in Oberoi. Smooth Check-in Procedure with VERY Helpful Staff and good sized lobbies. They are well caraparted and they smell heaven. The rooms are of decent size and the buuffet breakfast makes you go Ummmmmm...! Same as marriott Hotels but in this you get a pich on indian tradition! so that makes your stay worth the price!

Room Tip: Try the corner rooms on the floor and enjoy the beauty of the Capital!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments regarding our hotel and services. We are glad that we could meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back

The Team at The Oberoi, New Delhi.
vancouver, canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first hotel experience in India. I must say it was one of the best of a lot of great hotels we stayed in.
The weather in February was chilly and so I was not able to take advantage of some of the outdoor amenities the hotel has to offer, but inside was wonderful. Starting with tight security on arrival the staff was wonderful. The room was clean and comfortable and very well decorated.
Dining was in a first class, modern and lovely restaurant 360 in the hotel. There are others available but we loved 360.
I can't tell you how impressed I was with the staff. They really made us feel special. The Hotel IT guy arranged for a prepaid SIM card for our iPad that worked well throughout India. A charming and beautiful staff.
I can't think of a better introduction to India and it's best natural resource... it's people!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel and services. We are glad that you enjoyed the outdoor facility, restaurants and the room and our staff exceeded your expectations.

The team at The Oberoi, New Delhi
Muscat Governorate, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The building itself is somewhat old but the interior has been refurbished to a reasonable standard. It has a lovely Outside pool. Not as good as some of the other Oberoi hotels I have stayed in but still of a good standard. We were there for three days. it is a bit limited in restaurants and we went to some other hotels for variety. Easy enough together taxi to and from those. Delhi was a very nice city. We had an organised tour every day which was really good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool..at the back of the hotel. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback . I am glad that you enjoyed the facilities especially the outside pool.

In regards to your comment regarding limited dining options, we at the hotel have a fine dining Italian, Chinese and an All day dining restaurant serving sushi, yakitori, thai, western and Indian. Apart from these three restaurants we also have The Oberoi Patisserie and Delicatessen serving hourly bakes, pastries and chocolates. I regret that you were not properly briefed regarding the dining options

Kind regards
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was very impressed by the Oberoi New Delhi. The grounds were perfectly kept, staff was very friendly and the food was excellent. Only complaint was the hotel arranged for a car service from the airport which ended up being extremely overpriced. Consider alternatives for transportation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comments regarding our hotel and services. We are glad that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants.

With regards to your comment regarding the airport pickup being expensive; I wish to inform you that we do have room rates which are inclusive of airport pickups. Please feel free to contact me directly should your plans bring you to Delhi, I shall ensure that we quote you the best room rate. I can be reached at reuben.kataria@oberoihotels.com.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Agra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at an Oberoi property after more than a decade!! The last I stayed at an Oberoi was in Mumbai and I still have pleasant memories of it. It is only because they have limited properties or at some property they do not allow kids below 10 years, else Oberoi would be my first choice.

The difference between other 5 star hotels and Oberoi is the extra effort their staff puts to make you feel special. Be it the check-in, the breakfast, the facilities, the restaurant - you can see that the staff makes an effort to understand your requirements and fulfill to the maximum possible extent.

Another advantage is that they cater to business guest very often hence they have an understanding of the requirements. Not to mention the location of the hotel, the property in general, the shops at he lobby level - all make it a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Some areaa where Oberoi Delhi can make improvement is the wi-fi/internet. Charging for internet at this age and time is not commendable. Also did not find details on an in-house frequent guest program - it would only increase more stays!!

Since I had back to back meetings and was tight for time, I did not get an opportunity to visit the spa but I am sure I will be there back soon!

Room Tip: Prefer a golf course facing room or a higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments regarding our hotel and services. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation is always our greatest reward.

With regards to your comment regarding Internet being chargeable; I wish to inform you we do have room rates which are inclusive of internet. Please feel free to contact me directly should your plans bring you to Delhi, I shall ensure that we quote you the best internet inclusive room rate. I can be reached at reuben.kataria@oberoihotels.com.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. And this time, do visit our spa, it is worth it.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to The Oberoi, New Delhi? Share your experiences!