“Excellent staff!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Park New Delhi

Save Saved
You added The Park New Delhi to your Saves list
The Park New Delhi
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Parliament Street, Connaught Place | Opposite - Jantar Mantar, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Offers & Announcements
30% off room rate
Ranked #176 of 592 hotels in New Delhi
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent staff!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

i had 5 awesome days there and I enjoyed my stay very much.
Looked forward to the ladies night however there was a private party goin on....
nevertheless had a great experience at the Aqua ... breakfast was awesome.. Thanks to the chef making my special dosa.. i really enjoyed it!!

Room Tip: Check out their pub its cool wz nice hindi beats:)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AbhijitBose, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about our location, amenities, award winning Food and Beverage outlets, and our team members. I'm pleased to learn that your time with us was impacted by the personalized attention of our team members. We have noted your concerns regarding the slow service that you encountered. Your feedback will be shared with the team as a part of our ongoing commitment towards excellence in service We remain committed to providing our guests with world class hospitality and service, which is best in class. I look forward to meet you in person and welcome you back at The Park New Delhi.

1,195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Bangalore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Notwithstanding the location (right opposite Jantar Mantar), The Park failed to impress as a five star property.

The lobby is small, dingy , seems struggling for some space and fresh air like its visitors. Uninspiring and minimally functional, with its razzmatazz color scheme, the lobby looks like a B-grade bollywood film set. Pink is central here with mosquito nets. Imagine.

Though the booking was done a week back online, it took more than 30 minutes to check in. Help desk acted like products stored in assembly line.

Thought I informed a couple hours before I check out for a smooth check out, it also took around 45 minutes. There, in the name of some fancy service they charged me some 300-400 bucks for some reason which I am not aware of. No, they were NOT charging me for unused mini-bar. I did not argue and paid up.

No wifi in room even with a price. I had to visit an admin room on a different floor and use a 80s desktop. They charged me Rs. 250 for 10 minutes of usage.

I was so tee'd off by evening, I missed the hotel restaurant, walked down the street and had dinner at Nirula's

Breakfast is, however, good with a nice spread. Only saving grace.

Overall, a bad experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park New Delhi and for your valuable feedback. I am disappointed to learn that your time with us was below the expectation that you have come to expect from The Park New Delhi- We have noted your concerns and have shared them with the team and we appreciate your bringing them to our attention. I do hope that this unusual experience does not preclude you from choosing to stay with us in future. It is wonderful to hear feedback from our valued guests and appreciate your patronage. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Los Angeles, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very nice but very small, which I can live with. The rooms are not very soundproof and for some reason our room was very humid. The shower was good and had plenty of hot water. The breakfast, which was included, was great. BUT the front desk staff is terrible and unhelpful, the wi-fi was advertised as included but they charged us for using it (per device) and they tried to charge us for an extra bed and an airport pickup which were all included in the price negotiated and paid for by our travel agency. Checking out took almost 45 minutes with all of the disputes about our bill.

I would only recommend staying here if you got a very, very good deal on the room and you are prepared for shoddy customer service.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
AbhijitBose, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at The Park New Delhi and your valuable feedback. I am distressed to know that you were not satisfied with your stay experience with us. Your feedback has been shared with the team as a part of our ongoing commitment towards training and development. I would like to reassure you that the every possible measure will be taken to ensure that the issues highlighted in your feedback are investigated and effectively addressed. We remain committed to providing our guests with world class hospitality and service, which is best in class. I look forward to meet you in person and welcome you back at The Park New Delhi.

Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

the rooms were small in size.the staff was not at all helpful and cheerful
the staff should be changed. Even more than that the hotel charged for my stay which was paid by the booking agency and they also charged me without my consent. I thinking of taking legal action against them.
Food was good. Next time stay no chance even if they say it is free not sure they might charge me again for that. Also there locks were horrible.you need to be lucky for your card to swipe correctly.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially regarding places of improvement. We apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted with billing related issues As it would seem that our on-duty management was unable to resolve these circumstances to your satisfaction, I would invite you to contact my office directly so that we may review your concerns in more detail and ensure that this situation is rectified to your satisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,
san francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is "couple unfriendly". The staff keeps staring with dirty eyes.

The cleanliness is not as expected. The tv is placed in one corner so u have to tilt. Shower throws water in all directions. Had to call up the maintenance guy twice and he took good 20 mins and that too with a fail.
When looked closely, I realized that the shower holes were clogged due to dirt.

The only good thing is that there's nice gym with latest machines.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,
Please accept my apologies for your discomfort and frustration. We take these incidents very seriously I wanted to personally write to you and offer my sincerest apologies. I want to reassure you that we are a very safe hotel with an immaculate record of our guests' saftey & security. I'm sorry to learn that your experience with us did not meet your expectations and that you were disappointed with various aspects of your stay- I have reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue you reported. Your comments about the clogged shower has been shared with our engineering team as a part of their ongoing commitment to training and development. In addition, we are re-evaluating our quality assurance processes to ensure these types of issues do not occur in the future.

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to monitor whether we are meeting our guests' needs and expectations, as we continually strive to deliver exceptional service.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Three of us girls arrived at the Park to stay, and from the moment we arrived we were made to feel very uncomfortable. Once we checked into our room the male staff kept coming into our room without our permission,we had to tell them a number of times that they were making us uneasy and they would not leave each time without us giving them a tip.
Each time we lined up for service at the counter, the staff would serve the male occupants over us, at times we would be left in line for a very long time, and were treated with complete rudeness..
In any circumstance whether it was eating dinner, asking for help, moving a suitcase, the men would not leave until we provided them with a tip.
I will say that the restaurant was nice at this hotel -i had some great meals, one of the best pizza's ever!!! but compared to the service and treatment we received in other hotels in India, this bar far was one of the worst, if your a female traveller I would strongly advise to avoid the park

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for your discomfort and frustration. We take these incidents very seriously I wanted to personally write to you and offer my sincerest apologies. I was appalled to read that you were constantly disturbed by the staff and was also very upset to hear that you would be left in line for a very long time, before being served. There is no excuse for this and we will use your review to make corrections and take the appropriate action needed. I want to reassure you that we are a very safe hotel with an immaculate record of our guests' saftey & security. I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your experience about our Pizzas in our all day dining restaurant, The Mist .

We do hope that this unusual experience does not preclude you from choosing to stay with us in future, and I hope it will show you our commitment to responding to guests and correcting the various issues that arise. Once again please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire hotel and I also would like to thank you for your comments.

Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Park hotel is centrally located, a walking distance to the popular CP shopping area and good in that aspect. The room I received (on the street side) was spacious and generally well maintained, however my colleague received a room on the rear side and it was much smaller and crowded.

My main annoyance was that there is a ballroom or some kind of club in the hotel, that played loud music with strong bass sounds until after midnight each night. I was staying on the sixth floor and still felt it through the walls. I called to complain but only after three calls, and around 1 am was the music finally switched off. The music returned the next night with the same volume and basses. I will not return.

Room Tip: Choose the side facing the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AbhijitBose, General Manager at The Park New Delhi, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park New Delhi and for your valuable feedback. I am disappointed to learn that your time with us was below the expectation that you have come to expect from The Park New Delhi- We have noted your concerns and have shared them with the team and we appreciate your bringing them to our attention. I do hope that this unusual experience does not preclude you from choosing to stay with us in future. As noise sensitivity varies from guest to guest, I would recommend selecting a Residence Room upon your next visit which would allow our team to accommodate you on our higher floors. Away from any possible noise. The oversized Residence guest rooms will allow a quieter escape from our "urban" location.. It is wonderful to hear feedback from our valued guests and appreciate your patronage. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Abhijit Bose

Been to The Park New Delhi? Share your experiences!