“My second favourite place in New Delhi” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Number One Mansingh Road, New Delhi 110011, India   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“My second favourite place in New Delhi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

It is difficult to unwind in a busy and congested city like New Delhi especially when you are travelling with family and have an itinerary to stick to. Returning to our room at the Taj was one of the best part of the trip according to my wife and daughter . We found the staff very professional and warm .Every effort was made to make us feel comfortable.The breakfast deserves special mention since the team served a plate of waffle with my daughters name engraved in chocolate sauce which took her by surprise.However nobody is perfect . After a long day of sight seeing ,I was dissappointed to learn that the bar didnt have any American whiskey when I requested a Jack Daniel.I would still go back to the Taj any time

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your sharing your positive comments on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We value your patronage and the entire team at the hotel looks forward to being of continued service to you and welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm Regards,

Satyajeet Krishnan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I would like to first wishes all my best wishes to all staff, amazing hotel in the heart of the capital. A great hotel luxury to its beat, Amazing staff down to earth , warm, cheerful to all manager on duty.Great food, best best best wishes to all.!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I have shared your positive comments with my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Best regards
new delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Even though its precisely 500 mts from where i work, the temptation was long being hidden for a chance to dine at Varq. And boy we loved it to the core and the wait was well worth.Had read so much about the restaurant, the ingredients used, infact didnt require a menu for ordering as i remembered the dishes from the heart.
Yes the reviews about the crab are too good but the only reason i wanted to try that was to see how they would make it into an Indian affair.And yes when our server came and briefed us about the dish,the ingredients and the spices used the preset picture had vanished and i was ready to pamper my taste buds.
Martaban ka meat had to be my choice as it was pre decided along with the dal tadka.The olive naan, the cambert and truffle naan and the mirch parantha were to die for.Sadly the tomato and mozzarella kulcha was missed unintentionally. We so wanted to have the rasgulla tiramisu and the dome for their uniqueness and the typical east meets west complexity but blame it on the small appetite, this can wait for the next time.
Dheeraj and the his colleague served us excellently and deserve appreciation.
It was a memorable evening and "i'll be back."

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards

portsmouth. uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in the hotel. It was ideally located and plenty of tuk-tuks outside to get around. Breakfast was really nice, with plenty of choice. Bed was large and comfortable. Fresh water was brought everyday. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Greeting from The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction.

Warm regards,

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We had stayed at the Taj Palace, but as there was no couple spa there, we opted to come to this hotel to avail it. The property and services were excellent, and the massage was beyond our expectation. We had opted for a 60 minutes massage. During the treatment, I asked for a little extra attention on certain areas, and expected it to be done within the opted time. Everything went well till then. Once we were done with the massage, and in the changing room, the manager (a lady with short hair, dressed in a saree), rushed and informed us that we would be charged for 90 minutes, and not 60 (like we had opted). This was only because I asked for a little extra attention on a specific area.
As expected, we told her politely that we don't mind paying, but she should"ve informed us before changing the package. She rudely replied, "Ma'am, isn't it understood? if you stay for an extra day in a hotel, you would obviously be charged for an extra day"!
When getting a massage done, it isn't really possible to keep track of time. We told her clearly that we were NOT looking for a discount, but just making a point that we should've been informed before they change and extend the timing. For almost twenty minutes, she kept rudely arguing with us.
Even though the massage was excellent, our whole experience was spoilt because of this lady, and we would never think about going back there again.

Room Tip: Great hotel, but avoid the spa.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ma'am,

I am deeply embarrassed and anguished to learn about your recent experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had during your recent visit to our Spa.

I have taken up your feedback with the concerned team and corrective measures are being taken.

May I request you to give us another opportunity to look after you in the tradition and hospitality that is synonymous with the Taj Group.

Warm regards
Bhawna
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This hotel's lobby, location, and longstanding reputation exude old world class on their own. But it's the staff's exceptional attention to detail and affectionate service that really separates Taj Mansingh from the Oberoi's, Leela's, Imperial's, etc's. Without hesitation I would go back to stay here again on future trips to Delhi. From Mr. Krishnan to the restaurant waiters to the valets and greeters outside, the Taj staff make your stay an absolute joy all around.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm Regards,

harborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed in 4 hotels in my recent trip to India and this was the best by far. great staff. great room. excellent dining apart from the breakfast but we always something we could eat.
If i visited delhi again I would be stopping here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014

Warm regards,

Satyajeet Krishnan

Been to Taj Mahal Hotel? Share your experiences!