“Splendid..” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
“Splendid..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Awesome and Luxurious stay I had. I was on business trip for 3 days and those 3 days were splendid. Excellent rooms, things are placed perfectly at right place. F & B Service was great. Breakfast selection was just too good. Quality of food is excellent. Rooms are specious, quiet and pleasant. One of best hotel with best services.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are having awesome view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTMD, General Manager at Taj Mahal Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Mehta,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

I have shared your positive comments with my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Warm regards
Satyajeet Krishnan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had some time off and so tagged along with my husband on his business trip to New Delhi and we decided to stay here cause 1) our loyalty to the Taj group and their service 2) central location

The location is excellent! Quiet and peaceful and close to some shopping and dining at Khan market. The service was also excellent, as always.

We both slept in on a Sunday and hence missed the breakfast. By the time we woke up, finished some work it was already pass two. My husband had to courier something but the staff wasn't available at the moment. But they promised they would take care of the package and they did!

We then decided to have a quick lunch at one of the restaurants and went to the coffee shop (Manchan) but they were serving only their Sunday brunch and not taking ala carte orders till 3:30pm. It was just about 3pm. We didn't have too much time to sit and enjoy a brunch so we went to the Chinese restaurant and they said they stopped taking lunch orders at 2:50. At this point I was a little mad that there were no options to order off a menu at a 5 star hotel. But immediately the manager stepped in and assured us that Manchan would serve us immediately. That was a relief! That is the kind if service you can expect at the Taj! Outstanding! Though I do think this was an overlook on the food and beverage manager that there were no options to order off a menu at 3pm on a Sunday.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ma'am,

We thank you for your sharing your positive comments on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We have noted your feedback and value your patronage and the entire team at the hotel looks forward to being of continued service to you and welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Service here is fantastic. They kept an eye on us all the time. Special thank you to Roma who provided us with Aruvedic samples as mum wasn't feeling well. The club room upgrade made our stay even more special! Great location. Would stay here again :-). Anika

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

We value your patronage and the entire team at the hotel looks forward to being of continued service to you and welcoming you back to The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi.

Warm regards,

St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Lovely hotel in a prime location. I stayed here for a four day work trip - from start to finish the service I received was exemplary but without the over the top obsequiousness you get in top end hotels. The whole hotel has an old world charm, and offers a calm oasis from the heat and mayhem outside (although the immediate vicinity is in the colonial part of Delhi constructed by Edwin Lutyens, very different to the more manic and dusty part of Delhi a little further afield).

Decent breakfast, I would particularly recommend the Eggs Benedict. The restaurants are a little pricey, but Varq which we tried was excellent. I wouldn't particularly recommend Machan (the breakfast venue) for an evening meal though, as it was too brightly lit and a little soulless and the food was moderate the night I ate there. I loved the Emperor's tea room - two cups of exquisite tea for under a fiver, and the little plate of cakes/biscuits that came with it (are was refilled as soon as they were eaten) meant that half an hour in here more than adequately did for my lunch on a couple of days. Rick's bar is a great place for a refreshing drink at the end of the day.

My room was fine - spacious and comfortable. Wifi was £7 a day, pricey perhaps (although I wasn't paying) but fast and reliable. Great view across the pool and to Delhi beyond. Very nice bathroom, although a rather small bath that you would probably need to be Kylie Minogue size to feel comfortable in.

All in all a very agreeable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi!

It is really great to know that you liked our hotel so much. I am really thankful to you for expressing your positive sentiments about our hotel.

It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Kindly do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Regards

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

If service is what you want - it is faultless at this hotel. Everyone could not have done more for us to make our stay truly comfortable. The hotel is one of the best in New Delhi and with service such as we received it should remain so, however, although we never visited any other 5 star hotels downside of the Taj is that it needs of refurbishment. The public rooms are fine but the bedrooms, although not tatty, do need to be upgraded if the hotel is to maintain international 5 star standards. The swimming pool really let the hotel down, looking very much out of 1970s and with many cracked tiles. In today's market it needs to be up-graded with water lapping the edge and probably some form of jets - which are now found in many top hotels. That said, it is a very good hotel and if we returned to Delhi we would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Club Room which was the best value. The views from both sides are both fine and there...
Dear Sir,

We thank you for sharing your positive feedback on your overall experience at The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi. We have noted your comments which you felt were not upto the mark. Though we are in the process of refurbishing our rooms in a phased manner, I would certainly share it with our corporate team.

We value your patronage and look forward to having you with us in the near future.

Warm regards,

Agnes Water, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

There is very little to complain about with this hotel. From the moment you arrive the staff are very efficient, friendly and welcoming. the rooms are spacious and well appointed and the attention to detail in cleaning puts most other 5 star hotels to shame.

The breakfast venue is busy but everything works well without any hold ups, the restaurants are very good by Indian standards but sometimes leave you thinking that maybe it could have been a bit better, but overall again good service, good food, in a relaxed environment. We tried Wasabi and the Wangs and were please with both. Great pool area, again with prompt service of cold water and towels. Would happily recommend this hotel and look forward to a revisit.

Room Tip: Face pool side, better views,
Dear Sir,

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi!

It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Kindly do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Fantastic hotel with excellent facilities and superb food. You are greeted by staff that genuinely make you feel welcome and have managed that greatest trick of all - actually looking as if they are pleased to see you! My week at the Taj Mahal was perfect. The staff brilliant - particularly the concierge service as nothing is too difficult and Anil in particular is a magician. Can't say enough about it.

Room Tip: Get rooms with a view over the pool and downtown delhi

Warm regards
Satyajeet Krishnan

Been to Taj Mahal Hotel? Share your experiences!