“elegance & comfort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
Jalandhar, India
“elegance & comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

elegant, sophisticated and good hospitality. situated right on the airport road at s p mukherjee marg, this taj is hard to beat.

the rooms are large, stylish & comfortable and the buffet breakfast is sumptuous.

staff was very polite and mannered. the location is great, right next to airport metro.

Room Tip: choose any one, they all rock!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

995 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I normally stay at Hyatt at Bikaji Cama place in Delhi,but this time thought of giving this hotel a try.As the name says it all..Taj is a brand which signifies great service.So right from the check in,the staff was helpful and service was good.But the problem was their weird WIFI policy.My corporate rate was inclusive of WIFI and what I could only use free was a pathetic 210 KBPS slow connection !You have to pay if you want a decent bandwidth of say 3 or 7 mbps !This was a shock to business traveler like me.Breakfast spread was good but not as wide choice as that of Hyatt !Rooms are old and not much to talk about the decor here.The saving grace of this hotel is the location close to city center of Delhi ..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

+ professional staff
+ Good service
- On demand toiletries
- Treasure-hunt for complementary stuffs

I was on a business trip to Delhi for 3 days. I selected Taj Palace over ITC Maurya which made me disappointed. The very first day I checked in late 0030 Hrs. As I was tired and hungry I ordered food which came reasonably fast on request(Thanks to BellBoy Indrajeet for suggesting me a good and quick dinner). I finished my dinned and slept. All furniture's and room looked pretty good. Morning when I got up, went to bathroom. Here I got my biggest disappointment. Reason toiletries was not proper. No shaving kit, no comb just a set of soap n shampoo. I had to attend one meeting and it was on the opposite side of city. I had no time to ask for these . So I looked in my Bag, luckily I got comb. Choice in breakfast was very limited for veg. Taste was also not great. First day I went to meeting without shaving. In evening when I returned, I asked room service about these toiletries. My wonder they said these are provided on demand. I got mad after hearing this, ~paid 14k per day tariff and I need to ask basic toiletries !!!!! Again for dinner I looked into the menu but morning breakfast scared me. only south indian food was good. So I called for same bellboy Indrajeet. second day he again suggested tasty food. He also suggested me to go for fruit-bowl which is complementary by TAJ. Thats Good. But again he pointed me towards some leaflets where this complementary stuff was written.

I got pissed off as Taj is offering so many good but all on request?? So Guy like me who do not read each and every leaflet in the room will miss such good stuff. Is staying here like playing treasure hunt??? Third day was quite comfortable as there was no more treasure left.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went there for a business event.
Ambience is great as it is a TAJ hotel but food is ordinary and not at all value for money.Services wise it's decent with professional staff.

Foodies don't expect delicious food!!!

Room Tip: Don't expect great food. They serve very plain,tasteless food with sky high prices ofcourse.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at this property for a conference and was treated very well wherever I went. The breakfast, the gym, the pool, the front desk, and the restaurants...just great service. It felt (although it was not true) that I was the only guest staying at the hotel. Just a great experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Faridabad, Haryana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

i stayed in this hotel on 15th june 2013 for one night only. very nice hotel, with good service. food in the indian restaurant was not great but south indian food which we enjoyed in breakfast was excellent. variety in the breakfast was not great however their hospitality is quite ok.
one thing which i didnt like is their dress code like you will have to wear shoes to go to Blue Bar. as a tourist sometime you want to go in nice sleppers with a nice night suit. my sense is they should allow residents in casuals also.
other things are very good

Room Tip: take pool facing room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

What do you say about Taj properties? :) Great location-Great rooms- Great service- good food!
We were pained a bit by security because the Chinese premier was staying at the hotel at the same time!Otherwise an excellent trouble free stay enjoyable in every aspect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Taj Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!