I stay here quite often as part of my business trips here. Initially used to hate it because I found the butlers on the executive floors acting high handed and boorish. But over the years, I have discovered that staff at other levels are very friendly and that's waht distinguishes it as a Taj property.
The hotel's grand entrance is a wonderful sight and the choice of restraunts is quite good here. If you are not staying in the executive floors, ask for rooms on 4th and 5th floors. They are renovated and look just like the ones on the 6th to 8th floor minus the butler service. The 1st and 3rd floor rooms are the oldest and need renovation. You can still see old unadjustable shower heads and cracked tiles in the bathroom.
For a regular guest, I find that the in room dining menu has been the same over the past 5 years. It's time they change it according to the season. The vietnamese food they have here is great!!!
- Also Known As:
- Taj Palace New Delhi
- Hotel Taj Palace
- Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi
- The Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- The Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi
- Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern crescent-shaped hotel situated on 6 acres in the diplomatic enclave, 15 minutes from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Taj Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.