“This place continues to WOW me” 5 of 5 stars

Taj Palace Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sardar Patel Marg, New Delhi 110021, India   |
Ranked #7 of 643 Hotels in New Delhi
Washington DC
“This place continues to WOW me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been coming to this property for close to 15 years and it is nice to see that they still manage to surpass themselves.

As many other Taj properties, the staff are just amazing.

I was welcomed to my Taj Club room with the butler waiting at the doorstep with a drink; how good can it get? Wonderful room; excellent amenities.

Love the breakfast; I could kill for the Dosa.

I'll be back for more WOWs!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at Taj Palace Hotel and were impressed by the initial reception and efficiency in service.

The hotel itself is lovely, not as opulent or refined as the Taj Palace in Mumbai though. I was expecting it to be on par.

Our room was very comfortable and well appointed on a non-smoking floor, but we could still smell it through the air conditioning!? Housekeeping was excellent, leaving us extra water on request. Pool view was nice. Could still vaguely hear the Delhi traffic beeping in the distance! The windows were double glazed.

We stayed in a Club room and enjoyed the facilities, including Butler Service which was nice. Canapes and afternoon tea were okay. The range of wines and cocktails was good. The lounge was spacious and comfortable. All of the staff in the Club lounge were professional and helpful, Kushboo in particular. She was particularly attentive. We wondered where this hotel got all their Club staff from as we have never experienced this level of service in Delhi before!

We had breakfast in the lounge one morning, service was excellent. On the second morning we opted to have breakfast in the main restaurant and service was poor even though there were so many more waiting staff / interns present - they just seemed to be distracted or having little chats and meetings amongst themselves and most of the buffet breakfast items were cold. Wish we stayed upstairs.

We dined at the Vietnamese restaurant and Orient Express - both excellent! The bar was very nice too.

I had a facial in the Salon which was no good and the massage in the Spa was okay. It was a bit annoying that these were set up as separate shops and I had to get my clothes together and rush to my massage as the facial overran.

Chauffeur service to the airport was good. The Club receptionist escorted us downstairs. Our bags arrived to the front of the hotel and were loaded into the car and we were on our way to the airport in no time.

We had a nice stay, not the best, but nice.

Room Tip: Pool view room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, VA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I spent four nights at the Taj Palace. My guest room was spacious and well furnished. The bathroom was large; the amenity package was of excellent quality. The staff was friendly and helpful. Service is excellent and attentive. The included breakfast was excellent. Lunch and dinner in the hotel restaurants were excellent as well.

The Taj Palace is located in the Diplomatic Enclave; there is nothing nearby to walk to and other than the hotel pool, there is no outdoor space at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have the best views. If on a lower floor, ask for a pool view. If you go to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
clovelly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in the Taj Palace in New Delhi. It is a lot more sterile than the Taj in Mumbai & lacks the romance of the Taj in Udaipur but overall it is a very good, if very businesslike property. It is well situated in a safe area & the service is always exceptional.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lucknow, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Although I have travelled to over 30 countries globally for health reporting and assignments and stayed in different star hotel chains, staying at Taj Palace was a real pleasure indeed. I have been to this hotel earlier to attend meetings but never stayed here. So my first stay here was honestly memorable. From the moment my taxi reached the porch, Taj staff took care of my luggage and escorted me in to the front desk. I honestly felt very well taken care of. The lady who checked me in made me feel very welcome and showed me to my room.Got an auto upgrade too! Complimentary tea or coffee was such a pleasure to have after the long journey! The rooms were so beautifully done up - they overlook their swimming pool - and garden - and we could even see the airport metro express far at the distance! Rooms very comfortable indeed come very well furnished with a great work desk, minibar, coffee/tea maker, relaxing couch area, very comfortable bed, automated curtains, great TV and channels, and quite special was the bathroom - very well done Taj. Their room service was so perfect - the person who got us the room service served us so well and made us feel royal and so cared for. Food was really delicious - we learnt the kitchen for room service is different so we tried out Keema Mughlai Parathas and Biryani and parathas were really great -but one is enough as it is quite sumptuous.

Breakfast was a real pleasure - great choices and coffee to die for!

Another special experience was when the room service knocked on my door next day and gifted me a mouse pad (they might have seen i am using mouse on the table top while room cleaning - thank you Taj!)

Room Tip: try out Taj Club foors (6,7,8)
Glion, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel was our home for 5 days during a business conference. Staff have have great attention to detail and all parts of our stay were well looked after. Food quality was good. Rooms are a tad small though.

This hotel lives service. Tip: the Indian National Railway Museum is very close by, worth a trip - a walk.

Room Tip: Rooms are small, hence any option for a larger room should be taken.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Okay, so to begin, my review is a little biased because I had stayed at the Leela for four nights before staying at the Taj. Our travel plans changed, so we thought it would be nice to try another hotel. The Leela blows this hotel out of the water. The room we stayed at in the hotel was small and just not in great shape. The furniture was scratched up, seemed cheap, and the headboard looked straight out of a 1960s motel. The one nice aspect of the room was the view of the city. The bathroom was new and modern but very small. My other main complaint was that the hotel smells like a saccharine cleaning solution and they play very cheesy jazz music in the lobby. Breakfast buffet was fine but nothing spectacular.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family