We stayed at Taj Palace Hotel and were impressed by the initial reception and efficiency in service.
The hotel itself is lovely, not as opulent or refined as the Taj Palace in Mumbai though. I was expecting it to be on par.
Our room was very comfortable and well appointed on a non-smoking floor, but we could still smell it through the air conditioning!? Housekeeping was excellent, leaving us extra water on request. Pool view was nice. Could still vaguely hear the Delhi traffic beeping in the distance! The windows were double glazed.
We stayed in a Club room and enjoyed the facilities, including Butler Service which was nice. Canapes and afternoon tea were okay. The range of wines and cocktails was good. The lounge was spacious and comfortable. All of the staff in the Club lounge were professional and helpful, Kushboo in particular. She was particularly attentive. We wondered where this hotel got all their Club staff from as we have never experienced this level of service in Delhi before!
We had breakfast in the lounge one morning, service was excellent. On the second morning we opted to have breakfast in the main restaurant and service was poor even though there were so many more waiting staff / interns present - they just seemed to be distracted or having little chats and meetings amongst themselves and most of the buffet breakfast items were cold. Wish we stayed upstairs.
We dined at the Vietnamese restaurant and Orient Express - both excellent! The bar was very nice too.
I had a facial in the Salon which was no good and the massage in the Spa was okay. It was a bit annoying that these were set up as separate shops and I had to get my clothes together and rush to my massage as the facial overran.
Chauffeur service to the airport was good. The Club receptionist escorted us downstairs. Our bags arrived to the front of the hotel and were loaded into the car and we were on our way to the airport in no time.
We had a nice stay, not the best, but nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern crescent-shaped hotel situated on 6 acres in the diplomatic enclave, 15 minutes from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Taj Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Palace New Delhi
- Hotel Taj Palace
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- The Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi
- The Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- Taj Mahal Hotel Delhi
- Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi