“good if you get a discount price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi

You added The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi to your Saves list
The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bangla Sahib Road | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #64 of 610 Hotels in New Delhi
Rome, Italy
“good if you get a discount price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

With all honesty, from the rooms point of view it does not seem a five star hotel, but the price we paid was for a four star, so good value for money. At the end and we would definitely come back. Very clean room, spacious shower is a plus. Position is not too close to Connaught Place Metro, around 15 minutes walk, but the street is secure so we had no problems to walk to the metro during night time. The hair dryer is connected in a low position with a short cable, so I had to bend myself to dry my hair. Suggestion: please provide a longer cable. Good Indian restaurant and very nice breakfast with lot of choice. The business center was supposed to be open up to 22:30. At 22:10 nobody was there, they told me go to different offices to catch the guy but I did not find him: at the end I renounced to print five pages, not so important issue reason for which I did not insist trying.…

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is basically your average European 'motorway hotel' or Travelodge with bigger rooms.

It made me giggle, in all honesty, to watch the moronic staff preen about the place in their best mimicry of old-fashioned European pomposity....whilst simultaneously managing to be entirely oblivious to the standards of service one must provide to pull this off, or indeed, one expects at a hotel advertising itself as 'top end'. This hotel and staff are an absolute joke - if you're looking for a 5* experience in Delhi, spend the extra and go to the ShangriLa.

This is a budget hotel masquerading as top-end:

The windows are not properly double glazed so very noise (and even draughty)
The TV did not work properly (bad signal)
The room staff were not discrete in making clear they wanted a tip (which I don't mind but, have some class about it, for God's sake)
The breakfast staff insisted on charging me for breakfast, despite the fact it was included in my room price. I then had to go to the front desk and explain.
They charge £12 per 24 hours for wifi - and that's from the time you log on, not the actual hours you use online (which they don't make clear). Don't even get me started on the idiotic system of signing up and using it, as well as the poor support service.
The attitude of the front desk was pompous and unhelpful.
They purport to speak English but many staff have only a rudimentary grasp (I don't mind not speaking the language, as I am the one in another country. However, if you purport to speak English, then do so).

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Spoleto, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Let's start saying that the hotel is in a very central area and this was the 1st reason why i booked it, then they have a spa and that was a big plus, then the rate was good (not very good but good enough).
Until i checked in ...

0. The hotel furniture and the all setup smell at dust and is extremely old fashion, tastes? Not really, carpets and sofas had been renewed right after the indian independence and then left there collecting dust.

1. People at the desk had welcome me with a big smile, just to start few seconds later to list all services that i had to pay, everything besides sleeping was on a chargeable basis (but that's ok, just not very polite).

2. They gave me a room on the 7th floor so that i could have a view, i took the elevator and when the concierge pressed the button a very creepy sound came from the top and the bottom of the elevator which started shaking but it finally took us to the floor. We got out and there were cracks in the walls at every corner, at every door. Finally, i get in the room and this is what i see: towels in the bathroom were dirty and i mean grey, courtesy set was visibly opened and resealed, the bed was not just small but poorly made and the curtains smelled at dust. Not to mention the stains on the little sofa. I turned to the concierge and said, this is not a 5 stars hotel room, can i have another room? And they agreed to give me another room.

3. We came back downstairs and i had to wait 15 to 20 minutes before they finally came to me with another key, apologizing for the problem, but the room was on a lower level ... Fine i said ... And we went to the room. Same elevator, same creepy noise, same corridor conditions, we arrive at the room and there were 6 people cleaning the room and making sure everything was good enough for a 5***** . We get in and i find a small room made, slightly better then the previous one, then i turn around and i see a pencil on the carpet and a big stain on it, right next to the bed. I get close to the bed to turn on the full lights and as soon as i touch the electric plug, it comes off the wall exposing live wires ... So ... I turn around again and i say ... Guys are you kidding me?
Ps: i had been traveling for 16 hours.

The manager comes into the scene after almost an hour, he excuses himself and ask me if i wanted to see any other room and i politely said that there was no need to ask such a question.

4. We get back again to the lobby and again they made me wait for 20 minutes before the manager came and asked me if i wanted to have a shower in a standard room ( i had booked a superior) and that was the very limit ... I thought ... So i lightly raised my tone and i asked to cancel my reservation and to find me another hotel same level at the same rate or i would have called booking.com and managed that directly. Now he tells me to wait few more minutes and he comes back to me with a big smile ...

Sir, we have upgraded you to a suite, but there is a little charge to pay for it ...
I mean ... Can you believe it ? 1st room was dirty and messed up, 2nd room was even dangerous as you can get hurt with electricity ... And you want me to pay for an upgrade to the next available room? Unbelievable !

So i said, i won't pay a penny and either you rebook me to a different hotel or give me that room.

He took me to the room and said ... Sir, just to excuse ourselves please accept this room at the same rate ... And i did thank him for it ...

So they deliver my luggage, i pull out my laptop and ... Wifi doesn't work !!! Holly molly !!!

Fine ... I'm going to relax ... And get a bath ... Wow the bathroom is huge !!! I aim at the jacuzzi bath tab ... Open the water and ... The water comes out orangy brown ... I close the water and called the desk asking for the manager, the handyman and the technician for internet.

Now i have 6 people in my room still trying to solve things after two hours from my arrival .

Fine, they solve everything ... I tell the manager that i need to sleep and i'm getting very frustrated ... So i take my shower ... Go to bed ... 30 minutes later ... The spa called me and woke me up !

Didn't i tell the manager i wanted to rest ??? Anyway !!!

Finally i get to sleep and woke up this morning freezing as the air conditioning didn't stop all night even if i had set it at 23 degrees celsius.

I went downstairs to have breakfast and...

a. Noone to say good morning
b. Poor food in quantity and in quality
c. Staff poorly trained 15 minutes to have an espresso
d. People sitting at my table on staff advise
e. I had to ask the staff to clean my table as there was still bread from the previous person and spills on the table
f. No linen or anything on the table
g. Juices were 90% preserved, almost nothing fresh
h. The big crystal pot the waiter had for serving coffee was stained like my grandma tea pot ( but that one is 75 years old) so i think there is another reason for it.

Overall ?
I will never in my life come back to this place and i hope you won't after reading my comment.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed two nights at this hotel. We've generally stayed in guesthouses in India, so this was a splurge. The room and bathroom were large, comfortable and spotless. The pool was great - large and the water was refreshing. Comfortable sun loungers. The breakfast buffet was good and had lots of variety. The only drawbacks for us were the high prices (relatively speaking) in the restaurant and additional charges for WIFI, which we didn't pay for. Charging for WIFI in a high-end hotel is crazy - every guesthouse and resort we've stayed in (no matter how remote the location) provides WIFI at no additional charge and their nightly rates are a fraction of the Metropolitan's.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Staff went above and beyond! Food was great, great location, great food, comfortable rooms and very quiet, didn't have time for the spa but we will be back and will take advantage of their services. Again, staff went above and beyond to make us happy!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for only two nights, but the hotel managed to exceed my expectations. Their rooms were nice and spacious, with a great view. I was impressed by their styles and designs, especially their light switches which was a little fun to play with. The included breakfast buffet was amazingly delicious and full of variety. I would definitely recommend tryinf their lassi. Finally the most unexpected surprise came on my birthday. I was greeted in the morning with a happy birthday greetings from the staff. And to top it off, the kitchen even delivered a fancy chocolate cake which said "happy birthday" to my door. Great hotel, great service period. Reasonable price for a five star but maybe could improve just a little on the excellent service. Definitely consider this as your accommodation when in Dehli.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

this was second time i visited to The Metropolitan hotel as for my business location was good and friendly staff and very cooperative specially Asst front Manager Mr Saurabh Srivastava who made sure i was comfortable. Room charges for food and beverages is the only minus point as charges were too high compare other hotels which should be considered by management . Overall it was good and will continue to stay in future.

Room Tip: pls make sure to stay pool side as no traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi? Share your experiences!