We stayed 8 nights and requested a quiet room. We were given a room on the 4th floor (429). It was away from the elevator and stairs, and had one window, which faced the back (the pool area). It was reasonably quiet. You could hear dogs barking at night, but nothing to disturb one's sleep.
1) We enjoyed getting two large complimentary bottles of water every day from housekeeping.
2) Internet: Our room package included free wifi for up to 3 devices. We did have to select a combination with prices shown during log in but our final bill did not include any Internet fees (as promised at check-in). We had to log in again every 24 hours, and Skype calls sometimes would not connect, but overall the speed and dependability was good. We noticed the Internet was slower during the weekend (Saturday & Sunday).
3) Our room package also included complimentary laundry of 2 articles of clothing each day, which we used. It only took about 24 hours on average and nicely folded. Very helpful convenience during our long stay!
4) Built-in luggage rack was large and had two shelves. It easily held our two big hard-sided suitcases. Good to have them out of the way. (The room also had an ironing board and iron.)
5) Room's shower area (no tub) was very large and the rain shower head was nice. Toiletries provided were good.
6) Breakfast was good and had much variety of hot and cold foods.
7) Basement gym, though a little small, was perfectly adequate, with 5 cardio machines and a universal-type weight center that covered both upper and lower body. The machines were in good condition and hand towels were provided.
8) We ate in the main restaurant (Zing) for dinner several nights and in the 2nd floor Japanese restaurant (Sakura) another night. Food was very good in Sakura and good in Zing, though some menu items seemed a bit over priced.
9) I did a one-hour Swedish massage at the lower level Spa and it was very good. It was very affordable. They gave a 10% discount and called every other day to offer the same discount on further spa services (which got to be a little annoying).
10) Room included two basic robes and typical disposable slippers. Helpful.
11) Our room boy Shiv was very friendly and always asked if we needed more water, towels, etc. He kept room nice and clean.
1) The room's safe was very small. Not large enough to store an iPad or Kindle!
2) Bed was on the hard/firm side.
3) Decor was drab, with some discoloration in the wallpaper. The furniture and fixtures seemed dated.
4) We tried twice at the front desk to get 1000 rupee notes (less than $20) changed into smaller notes (for tips, taxi, etc.) but once they refused and the other time they gave us only 5 100 rupee notes and a 500 rupee note despite having asked for 50s and 100s. They had a very large stack of 100s in the drawer. Not helpful!
5) We stayed 8 nights and on day 6 we received a bill and letter saying our balance was getting high and must be settled immediately. We've never been asked to pay in two parts at any other hotel before (and the restaurant and spa charges were quite low at that point). Very odd. Doesn't encourage you to spend on anything within the hotel other than on your room! Bad idea, Mr. Manager!
6) Our invoice had several different taxes, including service tax, which is obviously not the hotel's fault. However, there was a very small charge for "Plan" which we did not bother to ask about and a moderate charge for service, which we have never seen at a hotel before. We usually give a small tip to the housekeepers directly (which we did here as well). The restaurants also add service charge automatically.
7) We had an unfortunate experience in Zing when the manager offered to have the chef make a special version of a dish without any hot spices, because of a food allergy. But it turned out to be no different from the version in the buffet, which was moderately spicy. We blame the chef not the manager, who seemed embarrassed about it.
8) We didn't use the outside pool but could see lots of pigeons flying about constantly and walking along the edge, which was unappealing.
1) The location was good but not great. The hotel's side street was a bit quieter than the main street around the corner. Still, we did lots of walking to get to the further sites like the arch and president's house. (Note: Walking anywhere takes extra long because of heavy traffic and locals constantly stopping you asking to guide you. Factor that into your plans.) As some other reviewers stated, we learned to avoid walking around; and took a taxi directly from and back to the hotel when possible.
2) AC: Though air coming out never felt particularly cool, the room temp. at night was in the low 70s, which was comfortable. (Outside highs were only in low 80s at the time.)
We aren't convinced this hotel is a 5-star experience (it's missing some of the polish a good 5 star has) but it also cost a lot less than the other 5-star hotels nearby. We do recommend this hotel as a nice 4-star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a newly renovated Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan–Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met has been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2012 by Tripadvisor, Best Hotel India by International Hotel Awards Asia Pacific and Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met’s passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi