First thing that earned my admiration to this hotel is the professionalism of most of the staff. Prior to my arrival, I asked the hotel to pick me up at the airport as my arrival is late at night. The pick up went well smoothly and the driver is commendable. He was the one who gave me a good first impression about the hotel. Unfortunately, I forgot his name, but he is really good and made me feel comfortable while driving to the hotel. I would have wanted that he be the one to send me back to airport, but another driver was assigned, equally great as well.
Security of the hotel is great. The surrounding though, you'll see some people sleeping in the streets nearby at night, but this is something beyond hotel's control.
Breakfast at Zing restaurant is very good and the chef/waiters are very professional, they offer wide selection.
Check-in is smooth. Check-in staff then were professional. They are not really the friendly-type, but professional.
Car service at the Travel Desk is a little bit expensive, I used them for the first two days of my stay. They did offer good service though, particularly during the first day I used them, the driver assigned to me went the extra mile in his service, I think his name is Raj. As the rate of the car service at the Travel Desk is too expensive for me, I decided to use the black airconditioned cab, in going to my appointments on the succeeding days. Relatively safe but cheaper. If you have a budget though, I recommend still using the hotel's travel desk.
Room cleaners are very polite. I remember one guy even gave me an extra bottled water when I asked for one, he did not hesitate to give me one.
The lobby manager, Veer, is friendly, he helped me out on some minor concerns.
One problem (just minor and worked out at easily) is that when I reconfirmed the night before my checkout with the reception/front desk that I would be checking out late, the lady on duty then told me that I would be charged half-day. I told her that I shouldn't be charged at all because it is included in the amenities of the "Business Package" at the hotel's website, the reason why I booked there and not with third-party online agents, which are a lot cheaper than the hotel website rate. The lady seems to have not known that there is this "Business Package" in the hotel website and insisted that all the packages in the hotel website indicates checkout of 12noon. I told her to check it by herself the hotel's website and there she would find that late check out can be allowed under the "Business Package." She said she will check and would find out until what time I can hold the room. I waited for her call, she never did. I have to call back again after a few hours and was told by a new person at the reception desk I can hold the room until 6pm with no extra charge, I think it was the lobby manager, Mr. Veer, whom I've spoken with for this one.
Overall, If somebody will ask me if I would stay again in this hotel if I go back in Delhi, I would definitely say yes, not only it fits well my budget, it met my expectations as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a newly renovated Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan–Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met has been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2012 by Tripadvisor, Best Hotel India by International Hotel Awards Asia Pacific and Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met’s passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi