“Comfortable Stay at Metropolitan Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi

You added The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi to your Saves list
The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bangla Sahib Road | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #63 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Manila, Philippines
“Comfortable Stay at Metropolitan Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

First thing that earned my admiration to this hotel is the professionalism of most of the staff. Prior to my arrival, I asked the hotel to pick me up at the airport as my arrival is late at night. The pick up went well smoothly and the driver is commendable. He was the one who gave me a good first impression about the hotel. Unfortunately, I forgot his name, but he is really good and made me feel comfortable while driving to the hotel. I would have wanted that he be the one to send me back to airport, but another driver was assigned, equally great as well.
Security of the hotel is great. The surrounding though, you'll see some people sleeping in the streets nearby at night, but this is something beyond hotel's control.
Breakfast at Zing restaurant is very good and the chef/waiters are very professional, they offer wide selection.
Check-in is smooth. Check-in staff then were professional. They are not really the friendly-type, but professional.
Car service at the Travel Desk is a little bit expensive, I used them for the first two days of my stay. They did offer good service though, particularly during the first day I used them, the driver assigned to me went the extra mile in his service, I think his name is Raj. As the rate of the car service at the Travel Desk is too expensive for me, I decided to use the black airconditioned cab, in going to my appointments on the succeeding days. Relatively safe but cheaper. If you have a budget though, I recommend still using the hotel's travel desk.
Room cleaners are very polite. I remember one guy even gave me an extra bottled water when I asked for one, he did not hesitate to give me one.
The lobby manager, Veer, is friendly, he helped me out on some minor concerns.

One problem (just minor and worked out at easily) is that when I reconfirmed the night before my checkout with the reception/front desk that I would be checking out late, the lady on duty then told me that I would be charged half-day. I told her that I shouldn't be charged at all because it is included in the amenities of the "Business Package" at the hotel's website, the reason why I booked there and not with third-party online agents, which are a lot cheaper than the hotel website rate. The lady seems to have not known that there is this "Business Package" in the hotel website and insisted that all the packages in the hotel website indicates checkout of 12noon. I told her to check it by herself the hotel's website and there she would find that late check out can be allowed under the "Business Package." She said she will check and would find out until what time I can hold the room. I waited for her call, she never did. I have to call back again after a few hours and was told by a new person at the reception desk I can hold the room until 6pm with no extra charge, I think it was the lobby manager, Mr. Veer, whom I've spoken with for this one.

Overall, If somebody will ask me if I would stay again in this hotel if I go back in Delhi, I would definitely say yes, not only it fits well my budget, it met my expectations as well.

Room Tip: Book a room in this hotel that comes with free breakfast. I think it is a good deal.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for just one night and felt it to be nice hotel with superb service at heart of of the city, not to miss mentioning breakfast choice from continent to Indian. I can recommend this to business traveller.

• Stayed September 2013
Guwahati, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had a weekend stay with family and kids in this hotel on July 27th this year. Booked two rooms through Expedia and found the rate very reasonable compared to similar hotels in Delhi. The location is very central and the service is pretty good. Check-in was quick and efficient, the front desk offered us two rooms with a connecting door without even asking, but is is another matter that the door could not be opened, even by the maintenance crew! The rooms were quite spacious and well-appointed, but definitely not luxurious. The tub in my room had a shower knob which keeps falling off, but no big issue except that it made a loud cracking noise of metal falling on ceramic which made us jump every time. The bed was quite comfortable and pillows were adequate firm and fluffy, which is crucial to me for a good night's sleep. The buffet dinner was a tad pricey for the fare, but breakfast was fantastic. The gym had good equipment, but since we had to stay out the whole day on Sunday, we had no time to try out the spa. Wi-fi was complimentary and okay. All said and done, this is a good value-for-money business hotel, not really great for family, and I would definitely try it again when I am back in Delhi for work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I had 2 nights stay at this hotel during my business trip to
Delhi. It's really a very beautiful hotel, rooms are luxurious, neat and
hygynic. Staff is well spoken and very helpful. Really liked the pool they
have. They have 3 restuarants offering different cuisines. I dined at Zing
which is a multi cuisine restaurant, food was out of the world. They have
got so many varieties, one will definitely get confused what to eat and
what not to eat. Highly recommend to all!

Stayed August 2013
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Traveled solo to Delhi, and truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was lovely, and the staff, restaurant and spa were superb. I would definitely stay there again. I felt totally at ease as a female solo traveller at this establishment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

i stayed for 2 days it was very clean staff were very good room service was good and the break fast was great, the hotel is at very convienent place to go arround the city its located at good clean place overall its a good hotel to stay , and i will keep going to this hotel now time to time when iam in delhi.
thanks metropolitan hotel.
kaitan dsilva

Room Tip: facing towrds city
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Vodice, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

After looking to all hotels and their prices in New Delhi must say I was very happy after we choose The Metropolitan hotel. From the entrance we had felt welcomed and that stayed the same for five days that we have been there. Staff was very polite and helpful with everything we asked. The room was big and comfortable with cleanliness at the top level and good wifi connection. The bed was like a cloud so we had a problem with getting up. Breakfast was just amazing with a lot of choice and relaxing music. The hotel also has a spa which we didn't try and a big souvenir shop with so many great things available. We also loved the neighborhood and short drive to Connaught Place. I would recommend this hotel to everyone going to New Delhi!! Go and enjoy!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi? Share your experiences!