I have stayed in all 5 star hotels in Delhi over the last 13 years or so and have been staying at this hotel yearly since 2007. Proximity to Connaught center is very helpful. Most rooms are quite, personnel for the most part very professional. Property has been largely renovated for a few years now. Front desk personnel like Rubeena Francis and Mokshi Saini went above the call of duty during my nine days stay there 27th June through 6th July 2013. There are people who work for a pay check only, these two showed love and passion for the job that greatly impressed me. Assistant front desk mgr. Saurabh Srivastava was also helpful so too was another front desk manager whose name currently escapes me. Wi Fi (unnecessarily expensive unless they upgrade their room in which case payment is understandably enclosed), needs to be free as it is elsewhere, it is a disgrace that customers have to pay for it, otherwise it is good value for the money spent. Breakfast is very inclusive and offers a variety of choices, which is excellent. During my last day of stay in the evening an Indian friend came to see me, he only wanted a desert. I did not feel like going out as it was already evening, so I took him to the hotel restaurant where he could have his choice of desert for 550 INRs and he did. Four minutes after money was paid, it was returned because the 500 Rupees bill had a very slight scratch even though it was very clean(in sharp contrast to most bills in the country) and the serial number clearly visible. As long as the bill is legitimate and the serial number is visible, any bank will gladly take the money. I talked to the restaurant mgr. who stated that his cashier would not take the bill on account of that very small scratch though the bank would. Frankly it was appalling and really third worldish unfortunately. I have been all over the world many times over and have never encountered such a "petitesse" of spirit so in a way it was disappointing and it is something hopefully that can be improved on, here there is a need "to decolonise the mind" [PresidentThabo Mbeki, SA]. My Indian friend took the same bill to his bank the very next day and it was gladly accepted.
Overall most workers there, some I have seen many times over and over again during my many stays, are good hard working, friendly people who try their level best and at 5330 plus or minus Rupees, it is good for the money. Maybe the TV could be a bit bigger, maybe there should be a phone in the bathroom but it is all relative. So far, this hotel is doing a good job and they should keep on the good job.
The check in and check out processes were done in record time with very courteous and professional staff (thanks Rubeena, thanks Mokshi!), iron and ironing board in the room helped, there is provision for a safe in the room as well as at the front desk (this one can be opened only with 2 keys, one kept by the hotel and the other by the client as is customarily done by banks. The Japanese restaurant on the premises is excellent but a bit overpriced. But overall, this hotel is excellent and worth the money paid.
Albert Ngoyi, MD, MBA, MSc., MSA
Attending neurosurgeon & consultant neurologist
St. Clair Shores, Michigan.
CEO: Gloria Management Group.
Chairman: - Africa Development Resources Ltd
- Dan Investments Ltd.
- Africa Development Resources group of companies
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a newly renovated Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan–Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met has been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2012 by Tripadvisor, Best Hotel India by International Hotel Awards Asia Pacific and Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met’s passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi