The Met is known to offer cheapest breakfast inclusive rates in Delhi region in the 5 star category, and they definitely serve with a smile.
I got a great rate from a travel agent and online @5350 including taxes, when I called at the reservation,some girl Neha tried to oversell the same room category for 7k..I told her that I was already getting a better rate online..she still kept selling me that rate!!!
I think the staff needs to be calibrated, it reflects poorly. Needless to say, I booked from the agent :-)
I did not have any high expectation, we had business at Le Meridien for a week but due to availability, we took up The Met reservation as a back up option.
We got corner room on non smoking 4th floor, it is indeed super quiet and I loved that part. The housekeeping team is great service, they respect your choice, requirements and privacy too!
Room aesthetics are different and nice, the bathroom is separated from the room by a grainy glass... which is not a good idea if you are sharing room as others have also commented previously.
Its the centre of Delhi, and walking distance from my fav. street chat outlets, so don't bother eating here at the prices they sell at and instead, go on an overdose trip of golgappas and chat at Odeon sweets.
CP is culinary heave and a quick ride away from literally any good to great eating outlet...you can even call pizza hut to deliver here, they wont mind it!
The breakfast buffet was good, the only inconsistency I saw was in the fresh lime juice, the first day it was lovely and sweet and by the sixth day, it was sour and bitter..
If you like your omelettes well seasoned, stand there and ask them to put it in front of you, they kept forgetting my seasoning every time though..
On the last day, I was still eating and they were winding up the restaurant buffet; I told them to bag me a bread or two and the response I got was that you will be charged on al a carte...
Well, I just picked a croissant and muffin in my hand and walked out and ate in the lobby as I checked out..rude, but those are the ways for them I guess!!!
Overall experience - do return for the price and proximity and convenience, and definitely share feedback to keep them on their toes!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a newly renovated Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan–Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met has been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2012 by Tripadvisor, Best Hotel India by International Hotel Awards Asia Pacific and Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met’s passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi