“179 rooms,8 lilow's and no umberella's” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi

Save Saved
You added The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi to your Saves list
The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bangla Sahib Road | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #57 of 594 hotels in New Delhi
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“179 rooms,8 lilow's and no umberella's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I do hate to say this,but our "welcome" here was the worst that I have had in India for 3 months.I found out the hard way that this is a business hotel.We had the usual language problems,and the frustration that follows.I liked the location,because we enjoy a walk and finding outside places to eat.If it was not for the Assistant Front Office Manager Saurabh Srivastava,who help us a great deal,our stay would have been much more stressful.Would I stay again,probably not,sorry.

Room Tip: If the hotel is having a around the pool function,then being on the front of the hotel is prefered.B...

934 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I love this hotel for the fact that
The staffs are very helpful, always smiling and as soon as I checked in for the night before I went home ,they have showed so much empathy especially Mr Manish Khanna.

The food at chutney was delicious

The room is beautiful and mine comes with a beautiful view and so does the pool area.

The souvenir shop that allows you to do last minute shopping at reasonable price

But number one reason is always the people! I will come back...though not so soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

All staff here were helpful and courteous, and obviously well-trained in customer relations. The room, a deluxe, was airy with plenty of light, comfortable bed, and funky decor. Breakfast offered plenty of choice of western and Indian food. The bathroom was not especially well designed as the door had to be pushed aside to access the toilet. Otherwise a 5-star experience, and very conveniently located to Connaught Place, taxis, tuk-tuks, and the Metro. We have booked to stay again!

Room Tip: our room faced the pool side which was very quiet and serene.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

After experiencing small local hotels in various places in India, staying at this hotel was a kind of remedy for the recovery. I love India and will visit this country definitely again.... I had good time in all places that I visited. However, it is true that everything was so different from my usual life.
In the room of this hotel, I was feeling very secure.

Everything is modern, luxurious and classy. The food of the room service was also tasty.
Usually, at this kind of large hotels, the service is good but tend to be business like. Though, people were all so nice. Especially, the people at the front desk were very kind and warm-hearted. When I had a problem with one airline company, they helped me a lot. They could stand in my position and imagined very well how I was feeling. I'd never had such a great experience with someone at the hotel front desk before.

Will absolutely stay at this hotel in Delhi again in future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

During my visit everything was just perfect except the checkin and checkout process. Very Good property. Everything is just perfect. Pool, Food, Rest of the Staff apart from Reception. My room was upgraded to club class. Everything was just great. Spa is awesome. Truly rejuvenating and relaxing. What a perfection and I remember that guy in men room Sunil. Couldnt tip him as I was low on cash but what a guy. He took vare of every small thing I may have required. With him washroom in spa was like on auromation. The thing you think of thay you need, you see him standing in front of you with it. Been to so many spas but for this guy I will come back to spa atleast. During checkin as soon as I approached reception. I said I have a reservation ans this girl standing in front without even greeting. Can I have ur ids please. As id I look like a fraud. There was nobody else at the reception. I atleast deserved Hi or Good Evening. But this girl whom I saw at 7 pm in evening was again at reception at 9am. May be hotel has less staff to take care of the guest buy stilll that doesnt give her reason to disrespect guests. Apart from this hotel is value for money and very good. Dont expect respect at reception. Rest all is awesome about the property

• Stayed April 2013
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed one nite on our arrival to India & one nite at the end of our tour & enjoyed both rooms. Very clean & well appointed. Very comfortable beds. Buffet breakfast was excellent, with good hot food & fruit & juices etc. Check in was very efficient. On the last nite we had to wait until 10pm to go to the airport, so we enjoyed sitting out by the pool & relaxing.

Would definately recommend to anyone wanting to stay in a central location.

Orinda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A wonderful way to start your India experience. I arrived after midnight, and the car and driver arranged thru the hotel was there to meet me. My room was lovely, I was dead tired after 21 hours of travel. The breakfast provided the next day was great, lots of choices, as well as great coffee. At the time, I did not know this would turn out to be the best hotel in my 3 week tour of India and Nepal. I looked at many hotels before booking, this is a great value that is moderately priced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi? Share your experiences!