I was fairly excited about this place after checking out other reviews and the photos. Overall though, the experience was just ok.
The good: restaurant and housekeeping staff were a-one. Good location close to Connaught Place and India Gate. Had a great driver, Raj, arranged through the hotel for a day trip to The Taj Mahal. Highly recommend him. Very clean, comfortable rooms.
The bad: While the room was small the window was so incredibly dirty we couldn't even see out. It was like a glass that had gone into a dishwasher too many times--very cloudy. Too bad as it probably would have been a nice view. The worst was the following though: 1. When I went to confirm our Agra day trip they couldn't find the reservation I'd made, even though I showed them the email chain. So had to go through the hassle of getting that set up again. 2.There's an elevator to the lower-level shop. My mom was on this trip and has problems navigating stairs. We were shown the stairs to that shop and were told that the elevator was broken. So she had to carefully navigate stairs. I tried the elevator and it worked, no problem 3. The night before leaving we arranged a car to take us to the airport the next day at 5 AM. On coming down with our luggage we were asked if we were expecting a car. It turns out the guest relations person did NOT reserve our car, so we had to rush around at the last minute getting that arranged. There was also a lot of late-night construction going on outside the hotel, that interrupted our sleep.
Overall it was the small things that the hotel was lacking for me. I don't think I'd stay here again, even though I'm in New Delhi a few times a year. My whole family was left unimpressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a newly renovated Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan–Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met has been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2012 by Tripadvisor, Best Hotel India by International Hotel Awards Asia Pacific and Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met’s passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi