We stayed in Delhi at the beginning and the end of our trip to India. The two hotels in which we stayed on these two visits provided an interesting contrast. While both The Metropolitan and the other hotel at which we stayed (the Crowne Plaza Rohini) were quite modern, there the resemblance ended. The staff at The Metropolitan was friendly, welcoming and helpful. The comfortable room had an interesting view over Delhi. Most important, The Metropolitan is well located near the center of Delhi, within easy walking distance of several interesting sights, and not far by car or taxi from any of the other sights one comes to Delhi to see. Although the restaurant was modest and not as impressive as the one we enjoyed at the Crowne Plaza Rohini, this factor was not as important to us as the convenience of the location and the friendliness of the staff. The room was also less luxurious than the one at the Crowne Plaza Rohini, but then, we prefer to pay less for our accommodations when we travel. Our purpose is to get out and see the country we have spent time, money and effort to visit, not to luxuriate in expensive indoor surroundings built to accommodate the type of international travelers who want everything to be the same.
We would happily stay at The Metropolitan should be visit this fascinating city again in the future.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a newly renovated Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan–Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met has been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2012 by Tripadvisor, Best Hotel India by International Hotel Awards Asia Pacific and Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met’s passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Venere, Fastbooking, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.