This is my first trip to Delhi (and I am comparing the standard to Trident at BKC Mumbai) hence my review might not be a fair one.
1) 5-star rating for this hotel is definitely over-rated.
2) I did not find the same heart warming service that I recieved at Trident. At the MET, people were just doing their work.
3) Room was clean but some maintenance might be required in certain areas such as the shower heads. It was covered by slight greenish 'algae' or rust?
4) Breakfast was quite disappointing with very limited choices and poor quality for bread and pastries. The hot sections offered different food on both days hence its nice for guests who are staying longer.
5) Chutney and Zing were both overpriced restaurants with okay food. I think we spent almost SGD100 for 2 pax at Chutney and at Zing - 1 pesto pasta and 1 glass of orange juice cost Rps1170 (abt SGD30). The staff there were much friendlier to the team at the check in counter.
6) Amenities are good with toothbrush/paste, shaver as well as the usual bath amenities.
7) The water pressure and temperature was not consistent hence be prepared to get extreme hot and cold water during your bath.
8) Bed and pillows were comfortable.
9) No HBO and Star Movies Channel
10) Internet wifi connection is poor. Most of the time, my devices could not detect the wifi network in the hotel. So its quite a waste having 24hr access plan.
Not sure about the location as I was just travelling between office and hotel. I was staying at level 8 and has a view of the nearby construction sites. It was not noisy throughout my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a newly renovated Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan–Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met has been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2012 by Tripadvisor, Best Hotel India by International Hotel Awards Asia Pacific and Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met’s passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi