“Reasonable price and location in an expensive hotel city” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi

You added The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi to your Saves list
The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bangla Sahib Road | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #64 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Kesgrave
“Reasonable price and location in an expensive hotel city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked two club rooms for two nights at the beginning of December for some meetings I had in Delhi. I stayed here about a year ago and no significant changes to report.

The hotel is central and if you want to walk to Connaught Place you can do it in about 15 min or around 50 INR in an auto-rick so it is reasonably central.

I had an airport pick-up included in the room rate and although I called before leaving Mumbai to give my flight details there was no driver waiting when I arrived. I called the hotel and 25min later the driver was there.

Check in no problem and with club rooms there is access to the club lounge with soft drinks and snacks and a happy hour with alcohol at some point in the evening.

I did have another issue with the free internet access in the club room package which after referring the management team to hotel website we resolved and I received for free but apart from that no other issues.

The hotel is showing it's age in places but is a reasonable standard and the guests are a mix of international business travellers and tourists. Rooms are ok with flat screen tv, mini bar etc. You do get a fair bit of noise through the windows and during wedding season that can keep you tapping along to the band until the early hours of the morning.

I would probably say here again as it is relatively good value for a central Delhi hotel where international hotels cost about the same as London.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
sanzeev, General Manager at The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. We are happy to note that you found our hotel as Reasonably priced & well located. Regarding your experience with the airport pick up and free wifi we regret the inconvenience caused to you and the team has been briefed to be very very careful.

We will look forward to your return visit to our hotel in the near future

With Warm regards

Sanzeev Bhatia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel is well appointed well fitted out. We were delayed in arriving for a 3 night stay and when I informed the staff they fixed it all up. No hassles.The staff are very helpful and I would certainly stay here again. One of the benefits is that it is close to a small shopping area for Indian sweets, snacks and liquor if you want to have a night in.
Just across the road is the government shopping emporium for those who don't want to be harrassed on the street when they want to pick something up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
sanzeev, General Manager at The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your experience with rest of the world. We are overjoyed to read that you had such an excellent stay with us and thank you very much for rating our location as good and staff very helpful.

We strive to go above and beyond in terms of service and hospiltality and for you to feel compelled to post your experience of this on to Trip Advisor is much appreciated.

We will look forward to welcome you back again

With warmest regards

Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed there for 3 days during my visit to Delhi. The room is excellent , great bathroom ,well fitted and equipped. I liked the breakfast and the very patient and friendly waiter there. I definitely recommend staying in this hotel. A great little day spa equipped to meet all of your spa needs. The spa is clean and up to date with many nice spa amenities. A wonderful full body massage which highlighted all of my "trouble" spots. My massage therapist was excellent. She found all of my knots and did not stop until she got rid of them. Honestly, one of the best massages that I have ever had!! I would highly recommend this spa to anyone looking for a skilled massage therapist.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
sanzeev, General Manager at The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi, responded to this review, December 26, 2012

Thank a lot for such an wonderful review. We are excited to read it

The Met team is committed to extend the world class hospitality and excellent services with brand new rennovated products to its guests. Your recognition of our efforts motivates us.

The Met team will look forward to welcome you again

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

There was a slight complication at first in that I requested a room with a bath (not a shower). But when I explained they immediately changed the room and I got my bath. The staff are super helpful and friendly. My luggage had been lost by Air India and they really helped to get it to me a lot faster than I think I would have been able to have arranged. The lovely staff in the bar insisted we try a dessert (for free) when we were having a night cap at the bar one evening.

The location is very good for visiting the sights and the bell boys extremely helpful in arranging taxis and explaining where and what we wanted to do.

The rooms maybe beginning to show a little wear and tear but were very clean and acceptable particularly as the price we paid was very good. I found the staff really made this hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a bath you get a shower anyway and I think these rooms are probably a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank a lot for such an wonderful review. We are excited to read it

The Met team will look forward to welcome you again

Moncton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here with a friend in November and we were both disappointed with our experience overall. The staff was friendly and the food was good, however the rooms were just okay, and the spa experience was not good at all-the staff in the spa were not welcoming and the experience was not relaxing. For the price this hotel was definitely not worth the money and we would not consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review. I am very sorry to note that your experience at our Spa was not as positive as that of others on this site but thank you for sharing this with us.

We will do the needful on highest priority

We will look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

i'm sure that there is many more hotels in Delhi better than this for same price...
Rooms are ok, i booked a room with washbowl they gave me a room without. i asked why it happened, they said because hotel is full and they changed in the evening. Spa is ok but nothing special. But it's near to center... My first and last time...

Room Tip: Pool side is loudy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review. I am very sorry to note that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site but thank you for sharing this with us.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to delay in providing you the room with wash bowl. We will be more careful in future.

We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel so we can prove ourselves to be better hosts.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Arrived at the hotel met on the 1st Dec, after looking online I'd advise not booking airport cab through the hotel unless you're not worried about the cost. Think its 1500rps though hotel, cost us 500 from the stand at Delhi airport. Anyway that aside first thing you notice about the hotel is the security on the way in, gated etc, cars checked and security on the door, all good.

Hotel is pretty impressive inside, all very clean throughout; staff everywhere, and they were very very helpful. We stayed on the third floor, room 306, decent twin room, not overly large and no balcony but it was the cheaper of the rooms so all good. Nice and clean, decent tv and not overly priced mini bar, compared to some of the better hotels in delhi.

Bathroom very clean, they cleaned daily & changed towels, made beds etc. We also had another bed put in our room last couple of nights, they were very quick to do all this and deliver us plug adaptors at 2am; again the staff here could not be more helpfull. I would say the shower in the spa downstairs was much better than the shower in our room (ours didnt have great pressure when on full heat), just a small niggle.

We ate breakfast once in the hotel which is included; its okay, nothing spectacular; the japanese restaurant on the other hand is fantastic, its not cheap by any means, three of us with a few beers cost around £180 but we ordered a large selection of sushi and sashimi. I think you could eat there much cheaper if you went for a couple of bento boxes without the alcohol.

Highly recommend this hotel, staff are great, rooms very clean, spa excellent (but not cheap, restaurants the same. A couple of words of warning, tax is around another 25%, room tax, luxury tax, food tax, room service etc etc, you end up paying quite a bit more, just make sure you budget for it. Also I secured the booking online with a debit card, I didn't realise when we arrived that they took 30,000rps deposit on the card; this took two weeks to be refunded; in hindsight I should have used a credit card to secure the booking.

Overall had a great stay here, I thought the staff (like everyone in India) were extremely friendly and helpful; the hotel location is great (you cna get a tuktuk outside into connaught place for about 20/50rps - if you see an older driver called justone on the opposite side of the road, he's very good and honest, charged us 100rps an hour for a mini tour of Delhi.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Apparently the higher the better, top two floors are the club & delux rooms I think, not sure wh...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

“Great Location,Affordable clean rooms, lovely escape in this crazy city" .” Wow, what a compliment, thank you! We are overjoyed to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us.

We, at The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa,, strive to go above and beyond in terms of service and hospiltality and for you to feel compelled to post your experience of this on to Trip Advisor is much appreciated.

We will look forward to welcome you back again

With warmest regards

Sanzeev Bhatia

Been to The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi? Share your experiences!