“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi

Save Saved
You added The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi to your Saves list
The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bangla Sahib Road | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #55 of 601 Hotels in New Delhi
Moncton, Canada
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here with a friend in November and we were both disappointed with our experience overall. The staff was friendly and the food was good, however the rooms were just okay, and the spa experience was not good at all-the staff in the spa were not welcoming and the experience was not relaxing. For the price this hotel was definitely not worth the money and we would not consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
sanzeev, General Manager at The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review. I am very sorry to note that your experience at our Spa was not as positive as that of others on this site but thank you for sharing this with us.

We will do the needful on highest priority

We will look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again

Thanks & Regards

Sanzeev Bhatia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

i'm sure that there is many more hotels in Delhi better than this for same price...
Rooms are ok, i booked a room with washbowl they gave me a room without. i asked why it happened, they said because hotel is full and they changed in the evening. Spa is ok but nothing special. But it's near to center... My first and last time...

Room Tip: Pool side is loudy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to delay in providing you the room with wash bowl. We will be more careful in future.

We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel so we can prove ourselves to be better hosts.

Thanks & Regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Arrived at the hotel met on the 1st Dec, after looking online I'd advise not booking airport cab through the hotel unless you're not worried about the cost. Think its 1500rps though hotel, cost us 500 from the stand at Delhi airport. Anyway that aside first thing you notice about the hotel is the security on the way in, gated etc, cars checked and security on the door, all good.

Hotel is pretty impressive inside, all very clean throughout; staff everywhere, and they were very very helpful. We stayed on the third floor, room 306, decent twin room, not overly large and no balcony but it was the cheaper of the rooms so all good. Nice and clean, decent tv and not overly priced mini bar, compared to some of the better hotels in delhi.

Bathroom very clean, they cleaned daily & changed towels, made beds etc. We also had another bed put in our room last couple of nights, they were very quick to do all this and deliver us plug adaptors at 2am; again the staff here could not be more helpfull. I would say the shower in the spa downstairs was much better than the shower in our room (ours didnt have great pressure when on full heat), just a small niggle.

We ate breakfast once in the hotel which is included; its okay, nothing spectacular; the japanese restaurant on the other hand is fantastic, its not cheap by any means, three of us with a few beers cost around £180 but we ordered a large selection of sushi and sashimi. I think you could eat there much cheaper if you went for a couple of bento boxes without the alcohol.

Highly recommend this hotel, staff are great, rooms very clean, spa excellent (but not cheap, restaurants the same. A couple of words of warning, tax is around another 25%, room tax, luxury tax, food tax, room service etc etc, you end up paying quite a bit more, just make sure you budget for it. Also I secured the booking online with a debit card, I didn't realise when we arrived that they took 30,000rps deposit on the card; this took two weeks to be refunded; in hindsight I should have used a credit card to secure the booking.

Overall had a great stay here, I thought the staff (like everyone in India) were extremely friendly and helpful; the hotel location is great (you cna get a tuktuk outside into connaught place for about 20/50rps - if you see an older driver called justone on the opposite side of the road, he's very good and honest, charged us 100rps an hour for a mini tour of Delhi.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Apparently the higher the better, top two floors are the club & delux rooms I think, not sure wh...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

“Great Location,Affordable clean rooms, lovely escape in this crazy city" .” Wow, what a compliment, thank you! We are overjoyed to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us.

We, at The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa,, strive to go above and beyond in terms of service and hospiltality and for you to feel compelled to post your experience of this on to Trip Advisor is much appreciated.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Recommended by travel agent from India.Impressed by the comforts provided - "Home away from home"
Check-in was very quick and efficient.Room was very neat and luxurious.Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating.Recommend without hesitation-Please try Neeraj's Masala Chai
Will certainly return soon

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

“Home away from Home .” Wow, what a compliment, thank you! We are overjoyed to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us and you found our check in very fast, rooms very neat & luxurious and our staff extremely friendly & accommodating. We also thank you for an special mention about my colleague

Chennai (Madras), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is the fifth time I'm staying here but pretty sure that I won't be coming back to this place...

Every evening there is a party by the poolside and the whole lobby is crowded with people. I was having dinner with few collegues at the Zing which is close to the pool and we could hardly hear what the other person was saying because the music was blaring. The main issue is that there was a function almost everyday during our 5 days stay.

Some of my friends who were staying in pool facing rooms were not able to sleep till 11pm and were struggling with their jet lag. When I complained the response I got was to bear with them till 11 pm.

The location is good and their coffee is excellent. Always request for road facing rooms cos the blaring horns are better than the techno music.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sanzeev, General Manager at The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review. I am very sorry to note that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site but thank you for sharing this with us. We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to banquet function.

Will look forward to welcome you again at The Met and we will ensure an much better stay experience for you

With warm regards

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Awesome three star, acceptable four star, the worst five star I have ever stayed in. I wasn't crazy about the place after being guided to my room. I was told by my tour guide how much to tip and received major attitude problems from the bellhop because 200 Rupees (high end according to tour guide) wasn't enough. Never did the guide mention a party was going to be taking place outside my room. I was told there was a note on my desk explaining the party was going to be taking place...who reads notes on the desk when you're on vacation? The restroom was filthy and was told the stains are permanent and can't be removed. Plus there are certain things you expect in your room, hair conditioner is one of them...not here. Poor staff attitude and renovation needed in this five star hotel. Stay away!

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area unless you're invited to the party. I wasn't invited. :-(
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review. I am very sorry to note that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site but thank you for sharing this with us.We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you

We will work hard in the areas mentioned by you and all needful will be done on high priority. May I request you to please email me at gm@hotelmetdelhi.com the room number you stayed in and your stay dates to help us to investigate in details.

Will look forward to welcome you again at The Met

With warm regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I found this hotel through expedia, having heard nothing about it before. The check in was seemless - incredibly polite, friendly staff. The room was an absolute joy, having been in a beach shack in Goa followed by a fairly hectic flight to Delhi. The buffet dinner was just what I needed as it served a huge array of global food and again, the service was impeccable. The room was most comfortable and the gym was empty and cool - just what I needed. The staff allowed me a late check out, free of charge and and I was checking out, I wished I was checking in all over again - a very good sign! The front of house manager, saurabh, was a pleasure and made it his mission to make sure I left a happy customer. Job done!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your experience with rest of the world. We are overjoyed to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us and thank you very much for rating our check in service as seemless and incredibly polite, staff friendly, room an absolute joy, buffet dinner with global food & impeccable service etc etc .We also thank you for special mention about my colleagues.

We strive to go above and beyond in terms of service and hospiltality and for you to feel compelled to post your experience of this on to Trip Advisor is much appreciated.

Sanzeev Bhatia

Been to The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi? Share your experiences!