I had 3 nights there. It was my biz trip to India and the 1st one that's why I'm not sure whether the hotel has some problems with its services or everything was quite normal.
I arrived at 6 am and since their check-in hr. is 12.00 I had 2 options: 1) to pay for the half of day more, 2) to wait for 6 hrs. They proposed me much more interesting option: to give me a room at 8.00- free of additional charge. It looked like the best choice and I moved to drink coffee and to use their pay internet for 2 hrs.
So at 8.00 they were ready to check in. However they asked me not only for my passport but also for the card which I used for my online booking. In fact I never experienced such a requirements before ( usually you pay on check- out), but maybe this practice is normal for India. I said that I'd prefer to pay by cash. They said that they need cash just as guarantee and the amount they asked for was on 250 USD higher than amount including all taxes for 3 nights. Again I'm not sure that it was normal however they've got the amount they required as a guarantee. Then I didn't have enough time to value the hotel more than just for having sleeping hours there, however it was little surprising for myself when I found that nobody cleaned my room for the last day . I didn't understand why it was so, however I didn't also have a desire to make it clear since I departed the hotel at deep night and needed to use as much time as I can for sleeping. That's why I decided to check out before my last sleeping at the hotel. However some problem has happened again. A guy on the reception desk wasn't ready to accept rupees and felt more preferences to use my guarantee amount in USD and to return me overpaid 250 USD in rupees as well. However after short discussion he agreed to accept rupees instead and I left him to sleep. Definitely the staff of the hotel is not interested to make a guest's life easier, by my opinion. And one more advice: do not use their tour service to visit Agra for example. It is easier and cheaper to order such a tour by pay internet at the hotel than via the service of the hotel. As a whole it was not problematic to stay at the hotel. Just little unusual.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel And Spa New Delhi
- Metropolitan New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel Nikko Delhi
- Hotel Metropolitan Nikko New Delhi
- Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL & SPA, New Delhi, a newly renovated Five Star Deluxe full service hotel, is located in the heart of the business and commercial hub of New Delhi, and provides easy access to most of the corporate and financial centres, ministries, embassies and the International Trade Fair grounds. THE MET is the perfect destination for an international traveler looking for easy access to doing business in New Delhi. This urban oasis in its New Avatar with its luxurious ambiance and lush landscaping is an experience in itself. THE MET, a fine blend of style and substance, is a member of Luxury Collection of Great Hotels of The World, an international hotel marketing brand. Each of the meticulously designed guest rooms and suites at the hotel features personalized comfort, luxury and all the necessary amenities to satisfy the modern discerning traveler. The Met houses renowned restaurants to mesmerize guests with eclectic options to choose from distinctive dining and wining experiences. To the global gourmet, The Met offers the award winning Sakura, India's first Japanese restaurant, Chutney, Bar + Tandoor, offering dinners an indigenous fusion of pan–Indian cuisine, Zing, the all-day world cuisine restaurant featuring an international platter set to tantalize the taste buds. The Met has been awarded with Certificate of Excellence 2012 by Tripadvisor, Best Hotel India by International Hotel Awards Asia Pacific and Luxury City Hotel 2012 by World Luxury Hotel Awards.In addition, The Met has a full service Business Center, Club Lounge, stylish Banquet Halls and Meeting Venues, Neoveda Health Spa with Swimming Pool to provide the extras that our corporate business traveler expects. The hotel is home to Craft House a luxury lifestyle store, with its exclusive range of Indian handicrafts, pashmina, jewelry, Ayurvedic spa products and the most unusual and unique Indian tea selections. The Met’s passion for excellence endeavors not only to satisfy, but also to surpass all the needs of its guests to ensure that they LIVE MET SMART. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Agoda, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.