“Worst Le meridian I’ve stayed at.” 1 of 5 stars

Le Meridien New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Windsor Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #26 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Abu Dhabi
“Worst Le meridian I’ve stayed at.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2006

Depressing, gloomy, and dirty. We stayed there for 3 nights and it was just awful. I wouldn’t stay there ever again, and to be honest I don’t think I’ll ever go to Delhi ever again either.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2006

Where to begin? I booked a $170 club level, non-smoking room. When I arrived, I was informed that there were no non-smoking club level rooms available. So I was placed in a regular room ... at the club level price. No negotiation.

Then there was the construction. Currently, the hotel is undergoing renovation, and construction lasts until 9 or 9:30 depending upon who you ask. Regardless, if you like listening to drill and hammers until 9:30 at night, this is the hotel for you. When I complained, the staff offered to move me to a room that is out of earshot of the construction. When I complained to the duty manager, then the manager, I received no reply. Customer comfort is not important to the staff here.

Finally, I was appalled to find the the hotel gym is smaller than my room. Three running machines, an exercise bike, and a weight set. That's it. Oh, and the pool was closed.

STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! I have visited 29 countries, and this is the worst so-called "luxury hotel" experience that I have ever had. THE WORST.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2006

We were booked into stay at one of the 2 bedroom suites - my brother, his wife, my wife and I - for USD750per night (brekkie included) it was extremely average - huge! but straight out of the 80's. Was also cold!! - no heating. When I asked reception and the hotel manager they claimed that none of the 5 star hotels in New Delhi were centrally heated - I found this very surprising!

In any case after complaining about how disappointed we were they moved us to the recently renovated wing in the hotel but into two separate suites - very nice club suites indeed - plasma screens, polished floorboards, sep lounge, huge bathroom. But again no heating! - but for some reason the rooms seemed warmer - I figured probably because they were on the side of the hotel that got the sun! - they did give us a couple of small electric heaters!

The bathroom - first shower my wife had the drain got clogged and I had to call maintenance!

Overall - quite disappointed given what we were paying!!

• Stayed January 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2006

spent two nights in Le Mer, New Delhi, then away for five days and back for two more nights. Lobby is very stark, simplistic, New Age. rooms are spartan, but nice: hardwood floors, shimmery tile in baths, sparse furniture, good electronic outputs/inputs (42 inch flat screen TV for World Cup games !!)

breakfast buffet (in fact all meals in 24-hour coffee shop) was very nice. a little NON-western....where's my crisp bacon ? ... but excellent service and variety. staff was superb. had a burnt out light bulb....called downstairs, replaced in 10 minutes.

south africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

This is a modern, comfortable large hotel. It is very well situated. The lobby is huge, very contemporary, always busy. The rooms are very well designed, with all the mod cons. The service is excellent. The breakfast is fine - not amazing.
The Indian restaurant is absolutely brilliant. Much, much better than the ridiculously touristic, over priced, hugely over rated Sehraton's Bukhara. And much cheaper, too!

We loved the light wooden floors, the comfy slippers, the central control console next to the bed, the large plasma TV and the well equipped mini bar. There is no bath yub, just a shower, but a very nice one!
One complaint would be, that it ws not possible to change the room temperature, which, albeit airconditioned, was not as cool as we like it. Having said that - it was quite pleasant.

Thr Business Club is nicely done but too dark for our liking. Some more lights there would be nice.

If you like character and old world feel, and price is no issue, choose the Oriental. If you like contemporary "business like" hotel - choose Le Meridien.

Been to Le Meridien New Delhi? Share your experiences!