“A nice hotel in a central location” 4 of 5 stars

Le Meridien New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Windsor Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #27 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
London
“A nice hotel in a central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Have just stayed at the Le Meridien for 2 nights with wife, sister and mother, and it was a nice hotel to stay in. The decor was lovely, the rooms of a good size, and the recent renovation has lifted the lobby, the cafe, the rooms and the central area into the 21st century. The hotel was not as plush as I had expected it to be of a 5 star in India, but nonetheless the rooms were of a good size, but most importantly clean and well maintained. The top floor restaurant and bar were still stuck in some time warp with dated carpets and an oldy worldy feel to it, but the views were amazing of Delhi. It would be nice to see these modernised and then I feel that guests would enjoy the delights of this view in more comfortable surrounds.
A couple of gripes is some of the staff I came into contact with, namely doormen and toilet attendants were very 'hungry' for tips and their 'happy' and 'attentive' service would change the moment they could see that I was not diving for my wallet every time I wanted to relive myself or jump in and out of a car. Also, as we were travelling with my partially sighted mother, the use of the hotel wheelchair proved invaluable, but when I asked to borrow this wheel chair so that I could take my mother to the top floor restaurant, the concierge made it clear that he would call me soon to get the wheel chair back, I know he was just looking out for this piece of equipment to help him with other guests, but I felt pressured about using it. Maybe the hotel should invest in another one as well.
The buffet breakfast is good, not the best that I have experienced in other 5 star hotels in India but nonetheless adequate, the only saving grace is that they do a mean poached egg.
Overall a good, centrally located hotel with good rooms, that are clean.......this is really more of a businesspersons hotel, but nonetheless, for a short stay you could do a whole worst than this place.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook India Gate, and the higher the better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
meenabhatia, Vice President Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you , and for sharing your valuable
feedback in this review.

We are happy to know that your stayhere was comfortable , it is indeed very encouraging.

We are glad that you liked the hotel's design and style, subsequent to the the complete upgrade and renovation.

We regret your experience with some of our associates, we do not encourage them to wait for tips. We will certainly ensure that we guide thenm and counsel them so that these instances do not reoccur.

I would like to assure you that we strive hard to offer our guests an engaging and inspiring experience, we do hope that you will return and enjoy a similar and perhaps more enhanced
experience in the coming days..

We look forward to having you stay at our hotel in the near future and meeting you personally.

Meena Bhatia
Vice President
Operations & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Centrally located , wonderful ambiance, very nice and cozy room, buffet breakfast have all kind of varieties . Swimming pool is well maintained. staff is courteous and helpful.The rooms were nicely equipped and comfortable, room is provided with iphone dock.

Nice, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel looks great, the hotel staff is helpful and responsive.
The concierge was not very knowledgeable about things to do at night.
I highly discourage you to go to the Taj Mahal with the hotel's travel agency as the guide is not knowledgeable and the trip includes the usual scam of taking you to a shop after the tour where you get harassed for 1 hour to buy stuff.
The A/C temp if way too low and it turns on automatically as you leave the room (but it seems to be the standard in Asia).
Breakfast was good but not really varied (croissant and similars felt plasticky...)

Surat, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hotel is centrally located in delhi.... The Lobby Cafe gives a complete feel of Hotel...One of the best hotel in delhi CBD...Take city view room...The breakfast buffet served was having all kinds of food...

Room Tip: Room on high floor with a city view...
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Le Meridien during our recent stay in New Delhi (March 24-27 2013). Where do I begin!? From the moment we set foot in the hotel to the day we checked out, the service was phenomenal! The hotel is centrally located and an oasis from the hustle and bustle of this amazing city.

The staff are extremely professional, knowledgable, friendly and truly go above and beyond! They truly make you feel like royalty! The food in each of the restaurants in Le Meridien was fabulous! Usually, I'm weary of buffets, but I was thoroughly impressed by the quality and variety of food offered at the breakfast buffet. We also had a great a la carte dinners at the One restaurant located in the hotel.

The amenities are immaculate and well appointed. You MUST try an iced coffee at Caffe Chocol'art and a yummy pastry after a hard day of shopping in Khan Market! simply divine :) Our room was state of the art, luxurious and had a great view of the city. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel and I know that when I return to New Delhi from Toronto, I will ONLY stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed at the Le Meridien hotel for a total period of approximately one week. Fabulous location for sightseeing in Delhi, nice/clean interior lobby and design. The overall design does not feature any Indian culture/theme, but I like the fact that it provides a break/haven from all of the Indian features outside of the hotel. The rooms were nicely equipped and comfortable. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and were pleased with most aspects of the hotel with the exception of ONE MAJOR ISSUE. I am quite convinced that the hotel does not feature any/adequate exhaust fans to remove moisture from the bathrooms. I stayed in more than one room due to two separate reservations and both bathrooms had black mold inbetween the tiles of the bathroom. The hotel did make efforts to clean the tile, but this is an inherent design flaw in the hotel and it needs to be addressed. Furthermore, I am not certain if the vacant rooms are kept cool and dry when there are no guests. Allowing these vacant rooms to become humid and warm can also increase the likely of mold to grow in the bathroom. For the price of their rooms, and the amount of effort/employees/funds which this hotel provides, the presence of black mold in their bathrooms is unacceptable. Simply cleaning it will not eliminate it or prevent it from returning. The grout between the tiles needs to be removed, and re-grouted. Furthermore, exhaust fans need to be installed in the bathrooms. On a final note, I would like to commend all of the staff members, especially the housekeeping staff for their friendliness, professionalism, and dedication. I forgot a few items in my room and only realized this a few days after checking out of the hotel. The members of the housekeeping staff had collected them and shipped it to my residence after I agreed to pay the shipping charges.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
meenabhatia, Vice President Operations & Marketing at Le Meridien New Delhi, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Very delighted to receive your feedback in this review on Trip advisor. Your comments and suggestions are indeed important, especially more as you had a long stay at the hotel for about a week. Thank you

We are really happy that the city centre location of the Hotel worked well for you. being in the heart of the city it is well connected and accessible to majority of the places,commercial,and those for shopping and tourism.Thank you for your special mention about the rooms, which are simple in style , modern and design led. We are glad that you enjoyed the wide variety and varied cuisines on the Breakfast buffet.

We note with concern your feedback about the Bathroom, thank you for sharing this and your suggestions. We will of course review this internally on priority, kindly be rest assured of our immediate attention to this.

We hope that you will return soon, do allow us to serve again.

Best Regards

Meena Bhatia
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

some good, some bad experiences, the hotel is modern, but they need to train their staff a little better for cleaning. Rooms were nice, but a little dusty. The first day our room smelled very bad, because i think the room under us was a smoking room, so we get all the smoke through the vents, i am allergic to it, and when i open the bathroom door in the mornings it made me sneeze. But the last night was fine, i think as long as someone is not smoking under your room, is ok.
The breakfast was average, but the service was amazing. one day I was in a hurry, and did not have enough time to eat, and the waitress gave me a nice box full of doughnuts for me to eat on my way! That was amazing!!
But in the other hand, one day we were walking in a hurry to our room to use the washroom and our key wasn't working! so the cleaning people was next to us, but did not want to open our door due to security reasons. And the manager was also in our floor, so we told her we had an emergency to go inside our own room before we had an accident (foreigners understand this after you try indian food). And she said we needed our passports! which were inside the room!! It made me so mad, because she sent some one down back to reception to get us another key instead of just opening for us there. So that, i hated, but after a few minutes, they bring us flowers to the room to apologize for that. Which helped a little to forgive them.
The area around is nice and clean. A few minutes from the mall, metro, flea market and touristic things.
the pool was nice, but as well, needs better cleaning.

Room Tip: if you don't smoke, ask for a room that is not on top of a smoking room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Le Meridien New Delhi? Share your experiences!