I staid at The Maurya hotel for three nights, the purpose for being in New Delhi was two fold, to visit with a software company plus be a tourist for two days.
The lobby area of the hotel is of course very impressive with marble floors that are typical throughout the hotel, be careful if walking in leather soled shoes!
The bedroom was first class, large (Maurya Chamber), beautifully appointed with a lovely colour scheme. The bed was very comfortable; that, together with the pillows of my choice and the quietness of the room resulted in my having the best sleep(s) I have ever had in a hotel room. The chamber man who took care of the room did an exemplary job.
I ate in three of the restaurants; “The Pavilion” is what you would expect of a five star hotel, likewise for the service. “The Bukhara” and “The Grill Room” were both a disappointment for me however.
“The Bukhara” is more a matter of ones taste in terms of food and ambiance so I will not make further comment, the “Grill Room” however demonstrated very poor service and the food way below par.
I was feeling hungry so arrived at the Grill Room restaurant, right on time at 7:00PM, only to be told to come back in about half an hour when they would be ready. This I did and was taken to a table where I sat for 20 minutes before realizing I was supposed to help myself at a buffet and pick the meat that I wanted for the main course. I had no idea of the procedure for this restaurant so it would have been nice if someone had taken the time to explain to me, when I was seated at my table, as to what to do.
After I had helped myself at the buffet, and chose the meat to go with the main course, it was necessary to call a waitress over to order a glass of wine.
The chef came over soon after and asked if I would like to have the meat I chose grilled, I said yes. I was not asked how I would like the meat cooked, I like my meat to be cooked medium, to my surprise the meal was brought to me without my ever being asked how I would like it to be cooked! The presentation of the dish did not look appetizing.
Overall, the Grill Room was not a good dining experience, a pity since the décor of the restaurant is very nice indeed.
The Dublin Pub seemed kind of dingy to me and after a walk through I decided not to stay, I did this for two nights in a row – same impression, very few people use the Dublin Pub!
If you were in the market for a nice suit or Mont Blanc pen set, then the “Shopping Arcade” may be of interest to you, I would have settled for a humble shop that sold news magazines and sundry items.
If you are in New Delhi strictly on business with security being paramount then the Maurya hotel may be a good choice for you; if you want to mix pleasure with business I would look for a place less pretentious and closer to other activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acknowledged as the most preferred residence of visiting heads of state and global business leaders for over 25 years. ITC Maurya epitomizes the luxury hotel experience. ITC Maurya is a luxury business hotel with contemporary facilities, located in the heart of the exclusive Diplomatic Enclave, approximately 14 k.m. (25 min) from the International Airport; offering a superb view of Delhi’s green belt, the forested ridge. An imposing structure of superb luxury with 442 Rooms, inclusive of 27 uniquely designed Suites, its architecture and ambiance are a tribute to the age of the great Mauryan Dynasty, that gave Indian history its golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your ITC Maurya New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Maurya New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Itc Maurya Hotel New Delhi
- New Delhi Itc Maurya
- Itc Mourya Delhi
- Itc Maurya Delhi