“Excellent and lavish” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
delhi
“Excellent and lavish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

its a great place to stay in and get all type of comforts.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I stayed here on a business trip & trust me if I ever had a SLEEPLESS NIGHT - it was at this hotel. To say that the hotel and the room was noisy would be an understatement. Throughout the night I could hear the lift door bank, loud noises, trolleys being dragged accross the floor.

Room: The room is odd shaped and not at all comfortable.

Breakfast: Breakfast seemed like they were seving left overs... not nice.

Restaraunts: The ITC is known for its good Indian food & this sure did live up to that name.

Security: Security is impressive.

All in all, there are better hotels in Delhi with friendlier service.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
kolkata in west bengal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

superb hotel nice food good facilities love thy atmospher quite costly also

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
ITCWelcomgrouphotels, Manager at ITC Maurya New Delhi, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to ITC Maurya, New Delhi.

It is a pleasure to note that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again to ITC Welcomgroup Hotels

Best Regards

Dipak Haksar
COO
ITC Welcomgroup Hotels
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

this was a very nice hotel. the location is convenient to the airport (20-30 mins), less so to more central parts of Delhi.

the service was very good--I was escorted to the ATM (admittedly, I'd rather have a more convenient ATM where I didn't need escorting) which was a 5 minute walk from the lobby.

the gym facilities were very good--with new equipment and a few featuring in-unit TV's with ample water, towels etc.

there is much written about Bukhara, one of the more famous restaurants in Delhi, which is part of the ITC Maurya complex. it was high quality (hardly epic like some people gush), if massively overpriced ($60 USD's for kebabs).

my only hotel complaints are that 1. the hallways and even the rooms faintly smell like a brush fire, which I don't blame on the hotel but on the horrible air quality of Delhi and 2. typically exorbitant Starwood internet fees which I avoid just on principle.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

We stayed for one night in February before emarking on a trip around India, and we decided to treat ourselves to a bit of luxury before roughing it a bit more. As a Starwood Platinum member, we were upgraded to the Executive Wing of the hotel, which boasted luxurious, incredibly appointed junior suites (with helpful and luxurious details like multi-prong cell phone chargers, porcelain tea sets, a gigantic LCD TV and a Sharper Image-like massage chair). And they threw in a bottle of sparking wine for being Platinum. So I certainly can't complain about the welcome!

Typically, breakfast in the Towers Lounge is included in these types of rooms but we couldn't figure out if that existed. The amenity book said there was a Towers Lounge but a bellman told me it was only open on Sunday. A front desk agent looked confused when I asked about breakfast and pointed me to the hotel's coffee shop. So don't hold your breath on the breakfast. But there is a complimentary cocktail hour each night, which is a good idea to help you forget how much you're paying for the room. The gym is nice, as well.

The hotel is located is a bit of a blah area for tourists, but a taxi to tourist sites in New Delhi is only about 150 Rs (USD $3.50).

One note: if you make a reservation through the Starwood site, be sure to specify two people in the room. They tried to charge me 1500 Rs extra ($35) for having a second person in the room, even though the Starwood site indicated that single- and double-occupancy are the same price. Even after showing this to the hotel management, they still told me that I would be charged the supplement (I think that they are very used to "money is no object" types of guests!) I finally needed to call Starwood in the US and have them intervene and remove the charge. It was kind of a pain in the butt and I would have hoped for better understanding from hotel management.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

I have stayed several times in this hotel. But I have never used the Tower Rooms; this time I had to since standard rooms were not available.
Everything was excellent starting with the door man. Comfortable room with all needed facilities... only trouble i had was I couldnt find the switch to switch off the entrance light and had to use the master switch... was too lazy to ask the house keeping.
Even with the corporate rate I had, I felt the tariff is too high. But then where else will you get a cheaper room in Delhi with the same standards?

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Maurya. We had a room in the business wing. The rooms were small but comfortable and the molton brown toiletries was a nice touch.

The gym was small but well equipped and I used the salon and the staff was great and I enjoyed my pedicure, manicure and head massage.

The Bukhara restaurant is over rated. The food was just average so I am not sure what the hype was about. The seating is cramped and the service terrible. On the other hand Dum Pukht was my favorite, the live piano and tabla was a nice touch and we enjoyed the delicious biryani and kababs.

The breakfast was good and the servers were courteous and by the end knew us well.

I wanted to acknowledge the service of Saurabh who works at the Concierge. He really helped us with taxi bookings and just generally guiding us around Delhi and saved us money in the process.

We took a trip to Agra through the hotel and we enjoyed it. It was more catered towards the Western audience and we are originally Indians but it worked well for my husband who had returned to India after 3 decades.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to ITC Maurya New Delhi? Share your experiences!