“Looked and felt almost the same after all these years!” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi 110021, India   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 602 Hotels in New Delhi
Hong Kong, China
“Looked and felt almost the same after all these years!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times during the past 20 odd years, with our business activity having drifted towards Gurgaon, that connection slowly faded away. I must say the last time i visited this hotel was during the world cup when Germany played Turkey, my German colleague was staying here.

The driveway, the doorman, the lobby, the coffee shop even the washrooms, they all looked as if time have stood still since the 70s.

I ordered a Cream Alfredo but somehow the taste never lived up, on the other hand my friend ordered a Risotto with mushrooms and she liked it.

The service was good and the waiters all looked like from yesteryears.

The price though have changed and dramatically and so are the tax. This is one country where the tax component is longer than the menu items ordered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The big btoblem with that hotel is that after is very expensive they try to take as much money they can for anything. They must change behave and looking just to take money after you pay much for the room

• Stayed September 2013
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is not my first time at the Maurya. Really lovely. The rooms are comfortable and at some angles take you to some British Raj time. The club area is great.
The staff were really attentive and courteous. Impressive hotel in Delhi.
The only disappointment was the gym. It cannot be faulted for the amount of machines in the place. However it sacrifices space for this. There was absolutely not space for floor exercises. There were only 4-5 people in the gym with me, it felt so crowded. I dont like crowded gyms - but with so little people, it was not acceptable. Had to cut my work out short as I was frustrated with the lack of space.
Other than that, it is a good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya New Delhi, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant review for ITC Maurya.
We strive to offer our guests a warm, comfortable & memorable stay, and we are happy that you had a good experience with us.

We have also noted your valuable inisights regarding the gym and will try to address them as best as possible.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am currently in Delhi staying at the ITC and twisted my ankle and needed a bit of help from the hotel. In the first instance the concierge and housekeeping came to the party helping with ice packs and I anti-inflammatory creams and whatever else they could do to make me more comfortable.

The next morning I thought I should see a doctor and this was arranged by the Duty Manager very promptly. I was originally scheduled to travel away for a night before returning to the ITC for another couple of nights. The doctor said I should cancel the side trip, so I needed an extra night here to bridge the gap. The Duty Manager organised that very quickly and the staff have continued to help me out as much as they possibly can. The guy who does the housekeeping on my floor has been particularly helpful. The hotel even delivered a get well card and some flowers.

I think you really only notice how genuine good service is when you really need it. The ITC Maurya staff have been fantastic without exception and I will certainly recommend this hotel to anyone I know travelling to Delhi.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for so much for taking out time to write your wonderful feedback for ITC Maurya.

At our hotel, we value our guests and constantly work towards providing them a warm and comfortable stay. We are truly grateful to hear your appreciation for our service and have shared your compliments with our team.

We are all delighted that you would like to recommend ITC Maurya to others and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to New Delhi.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was in this hotel for two nights and the place really made me feel royale ! Starting from the warm check in and humbly allowing a late check out till the late evening I have nothing against the hotel. Situated in the posh diplomatic enclave area the magnificent structure with sprawling lawns, long corridors and huge...
more In I T C -ONE room you should keep massage chair like Tower Room / And in room there should be variety of fruits to keep (at least Three variety) AND during my stay there was no cookies and chocolate in room has kept. Also in happy hours time there was less veg item was there

Room Tip: more In I T C -ONE room you should keep massage chair like Tower Room / And in room there should...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant feedback for ITC Maurya.
At our hotel, we constantly work towards providing a warm and comfortable stay to all our guests, and we are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us.

We have also noted your valuable inisights and will try to address them as best as possible.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon
Kanpur, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed there ,hotel is good.indian resturant is fantastic .the room is too much filled with furniture n all .too loud .to be honest It was a neutral stay for me .it was not happening place .came across various issues with the manager .but later it was resolved .over all average stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments for ITC Maurya.
Whilw we are happy that you enjoyed your dining experience with us, we are concerned to hear that your overall stay was not upto your expectations.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and request you to kindly share your contact details so we may get in touch with you and understand your concerns further.

We do hope you stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Dhaka
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Though the ITC Maurya looks fine, it lacks a certain something. Other than the food part below, all other issues could have been overlooked as minor, but together accumulated , they made us feel that the top management in the hotel needs to look into these things if they wish to be rated as the best.Right now, they have a very poor rating as a 5 star hotel by me and my husband.For now, they have lost us as their customers for sure!

Firstly, the lobby at check in made us feel that we had entered a crowded market place! The hotel staff is warm and welcoming but most are forgetful. For instance, at check in our passport details were taken and a day later, I had to bring them down again as they had misplaced it. The reception was requested to ensure that my name and my husband's name were both included in the room as the last names differ and both of us were expecting guests. Never got done and our guest had to call oversees to try and find out why he could not trace us! I had to go back in the eve, stand there and get it done!

All this would have been overlooked if we didn't have trouble eating at the restaurants in the hotel. The location of the hotel is such that if you wish to eat out, you need to take a cab, so we were hoping to be pampered in the hotel itself. After a day of hard work, the least one expects is the comforts of food . In this hotel, be it lunch or dinner, there would be a min. wait of 30 -45 minutes before one could get a seat! My husband felt that he was repeating the performance of Oliver Twist asking for a table instead of food this time! Breakfast time also was always crowded! And the waiters extremely pushed and sometimes forgetting who had asked for what!

The manager Nitish, in the coffee shop was embarrassed seeing this repeated inconvenience and tried his best to appease us but unfortunately , there is not much he can do as this problems needs to be addressed by the top management and not the staff. In fact the staff all bent backwards to do what they could.The Maitre di, Sardarji was always there making sure that the staff performed well and we were looked after. Thanks to both.

I feel the top management is failing poorly and need to look into this issue of inconveniencing their guests for meals! There were the cricketers who were staying at the hotel and as the coffee shop is not geared to handle a fully occupied hotel guest number, there should have been proper arrangements for all the guests who were there at the same time as the cricketers. Good for the hotel but as guests, this is terrible !

A suggestion: pls arrange an equally elaborate buffet upstairs in west view not a make shift one! Your coffee shop is small compared to the number of guests u received. The staff had arranged a make shift breakfast upsatirs but because it was not set up as a buffet , n one wanted to go there. In fact, you should arrange for cricketers to et there so that your regular guests dont have trouble.

As for the other restaurants, in all 3 out of 5, the same was applicable- fully booked always . In fact I called in to book a day ahead for dinner reservations at bukhara, but that was not possible too! Dinner at west view was the only restaurant where we felt welcomed and enjoyed a meal in comfort . Thank you chef for the care and good food.

The exe lounge on the 14 th floor was a disappointment. Small and not so welcoming. The eve snacks were not worth the effort of stopping by and were measly as compared to other hotel lounges we have been to.

The only good thing about the hotel would be the ITC One room and that too we got a nicer one with the help of meghna, the hostess who took us to our rooms and immediately got it changed as there was no view though we had requested it earlier.The 'sleep well' pack is a great hospitality gesture and the iPad digivalet is an interesting feature of the room, though the hotel could look into changing its extra soft mattress which is bad for the back. The AC blows right onto the bed and switching off one AC makes the room warm at night. One of the sheers in the room cannot be opened and never got fixed during our 5 day stay, the drainage in the shower area is slow and the taps on the basin area are tight and not so smooth to operate. One of the phones in the room conked out a day or two before we left too. We did not inform the reception regarding all of the above other than the sheer which never got fixed as it was too much of a bother and we should not have to do this in a 5 star hotel.

This is a 5 star hotel so these comments are based in comparisons of other same standard properties; which makes me feel that there are shortcomings here which need to be fixed. For the hotel's ref. our room no. was 1480 and we stayed there from 29th sept till 3rd Oct 2013.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to ITC Maurya New Delhi? Share your experiences!