“Clean Safe Location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairhope, Alabama
“Clean Safe Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Jan 2013 for a business visit. This was my 3rd visit to Delhi, but I stayed at 2 other 5 star hotels on previous visits. My arrangements were made through the U.S. Embassy and upon arrival I understood why they selected this location. This is in the cleanest part of the city and the security at the hotel is very good. It's located in South Delhi, in the Embassy/Diplomat area. This area is very quiet and the hotel is set back from the road, so you should have no problems with noise while you sleep, which is different from many locations in Delhi. I checked in late in the evening and was given a smoking room (I reserved non-smoking). The room was well furnished, but a little dated and small. The next morning I addressed the problem to management and was moved to a newly renovated, non-smoking, suite within an hour. The suite was very nice and had 4 separate rooms, which included a living area and separate office. If you stay here I highly recommeded spending the extra $$ to be upgraded to the Executive Club. This will give you access to 2 bars that offer free drinks during happy hour (6p-8p), which comes with assorted hors d'oeuvres. It also allows you access to free breakfast at 3 locations. I preferred both happy hour and drinks at the Executive Lounge on the 28th floor. In the evening, it's quiet enough for business discussions. The breakfast here has a much more limited menu, but the quality was good and it offers you some peace and quiet while preparing for your day. My Executive package also came with free transportion from and to the airport. The hotel is located in the Embassy area and while it's a safe place, it doesn't offer many dining options (other than the hotel), or sites within walking distance. The hotel has several good dining options (Bukhara is the best), but they're all pretty pricey. I dined in 3 and found the average price per person, including 2 drinks, to be in the $75USD range. Most do have a good wine list, with the average bottle being in the $50USD range. Their room service is good and most items are significantly cheaper than other dining options. (the buffet lunch is $52USD).
They have a very large and good staff, so someone is always available to assist you, no matter your needs. I've previously stayed at a Tag and LaLit property in Delhi, but this is superior to both. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Executive Club and ask for the locations. Some are hidden from the general populatio...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya New Delhi, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am delighted to know you had a pleasant stay at ITC Maurya. Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

General Manager - ITC Maurya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Valinhos, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a true 5 star hotel. The facilities are well maintained, rooms are spacious, modern and confortable,employees are courteous and polited, food is fantatic, with very good restaurant options, the Spa is good, maybe should be better, but what else can you ask for if even the price is reasonable for all the quality?

Located at a quiet area, with low security concerns, although on the other hand you will need a driver to go anyplace else.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am happy to know you had a pleasant stay at ITC Maurya. Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been traveling at least once a year on business to Delhi and India in general since 2001. My local colleague arranged this hotel for mew on my first visit. Since then i have stayed at two other properties in Delhi but keep coming back to The Maurya. The hotel is tops in everything. Lobby is magnificent, rooms are large, clean and well appointed, Gym is fantastic, and the breakfast buffet is great. The staff is well trained and want to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Of course the best 5 star hotels in india have the best hospitality in the world but this is really great. In addition, the two Indian restaurants Bukhara and Dum Pukt are exceptional. I am an extreme traveler and very demanding when it comes to fine hotels and restaurants. The Maurys has never disappointed me and this is my only choice when I travel to Delhi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya New Delhi, responded to this review, February 3, 2013

Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My last visit to this "so-called esteemed" property at New Delhi, will surely be my last and unforgettable memory. Not only was the problem of grave importannce to a guest, but the way the mangement dealt was even more pathetic.

My first room was suffering from a faulty air-conditioner. Complained to the reception. Nothing was done. Half a day later, again called Duty manager and briefed about the situation. Nothing was done. Second day, after suffering from a hot sleepless night, complained to the Next duty manager, and the lady was kind enough to visit my room, accept the fault, and offered to switch the room. Switched to the next room, and found the A/C marginally better, but still sweaty at night.

Finally got fedup and checked out. Upon check-out, the receptionist asks how my stay was. I complained briefing how terrible it was, and that I would never stay again. She replied "ok". and handed over the bill.

Pathetic customer service.

Room Tip: My only suggestion, is India has far better Hotels with greater service.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya New Delhi, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your experience. We have viewed your comments with concern and while we proffer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, we request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of our regular service standards. We would like to assure you that your feedback is being addressed to immediately. May we also request you to kindly share your contact details so we can get in touch with you.

Thank you and we do hope we get the pleasure of welcoming you back at ITC Maurya.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

For meetings in the Diplomatic area and quick access to the airport,this is a well placed hotel. Theres a high level of security and the staff were quite friendly.

But beyond the convenient location, I can't say I have a heartfelt desire to return to this hotel. The room was dark and the furnishings were dated. The breakfast area was chaotic and haphazard. And there was a consistently odd smell in parts of the lobby. Overall,not a bad stay. Just not really my style of hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AnilCGMITCMaurya, General Manager at ITC Maurya New Delhi, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the ITC Maurya. Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay. We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the rush at breakfast hours because of high occupancy at the hotel.

We do hope you stay with us again,

Westlake, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at the ITC Maurya for 4 nights on my latest trip to New Delhi. The room was great and the staff quite attentive and helpful. Restaurants in the hotel were also good although a little pricey. The only problem that I had was charges for local calls being billed at an outrageous rate and when I inquired, they said that the charges were incorrect and removed them from my bill.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I am happy to know that you had a pleasant stay at ITC Maurya. Here, we value our guests and work towards providing the best services at all times to ensure a warm, comfortable and memorable stay. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the error in the billing.

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you want to feel pampered, this is the hotel! Stayed here for 5 days.The roooms are classy, very tastefully appointed, We got upgraded to a junior suite in ITC One so that was fantastic. The food at the Maurya is the best ever! Although it was a long stay we didnt get bored with the food, since it has a good variety of restaurants and cuisines. We could also use the lounges for meetings so that was a good bonus. A beautiful and charming hotel. a bit expensive though

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to ITC Maurya New Delhi? Share your experiences!