“Great place, a must stay” 5 of 5 stars

The Imperial Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Janpath, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #7 of 635 Hotels in New Delhi
Ash Flat, Arkansas, United States
“Great place, a must stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great feel to this place, the most relaxing place I have stayed in awhile, great staff, incredible food from breakfast and in every restaurant there. I was there for business, but I would return with my wife for holiday no question!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Polish first
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

very nice hotel in the middle of delhi. beautiful rooms, lovely spacious bathrooms. breakfast is incredibly delicious and remarkable. bar is classic! sporadic wi-fi reception is the only problem i can think of. concierge, front desk and overall service were outstanding!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Unfortunately in spite of my booking over night, I reached in the morning and stayed at my room only for a couple of hours. But, it was astounding to say the least. Every inch is rich, royal and dipped in heritage.
I was stunned to know that wi-fi is not free! This is absolutely unacceptable from of hotel of this stature.
The room was spacious and clean.
Lunch spread was awesome.
The meeting facilities perfect.
Loved the caaaaaar at the entrypoint. A black Rolls Royace.
Over all excellent except for the internet unfriendliness:-(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Having come from the Marina Sands in Signapore, you could not get a different ambience in a luxury hotel. From all the historic artwork, to the very personalized service at the front desk, this hotel made it an experience to remember. The buffet breakfast was very good. As we were there in the middle of a heatwave, the pool was a welcome respite from the heat. The Imperial is not a centrally located as some other hotels so if you want to get out to eat or see other sites, you should plan on taking a taxi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our stay at Imperial was for the most part good, rather than outstanding. The rooms were alright. They charge a bomb for wifi, which I believe is a terrible practise followed by some of the top hotels throughout India. The breakfast buffet spread is pretty lavish, however that is pretty much the same through all the hotels in India too. The front office staff are not very cordial and cheerful and the girl escorting us to the room didnt exactly look overjoyed at doing her job. That said the service at the resturaunts were reasonable and we were well looked after. The spice route resturaunt was pretty nicely done up and served good food. All in all, I wont remember anything about this stay a month from now and would look forward to other hotels on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
VWanchoo, Sr. Exec VP & General Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad to note that you were happy with our food, service & ambience. However, I am disheartened to note that you received an impression that one of our staff seemed disinterested in doing her job. I’d like to assure you that each and every member of our team is highly motivated & guest oriented and do not hesitate in going out of the way for ensuring guest satisfaction. I am surprised & disappointed to note that you received an impression otherwise and deeply regret the inconvenience caused. We believe in offering a wonderful experience to all our guests and do not wish to inconvenience them in any manner. We hope that you will not let this isolated incident influence your perception of The Imperial & accord us another opportunity to serve you. I have also noticed that you are disappointed with the wifi charges. I would like to share that we have various room packages which include internet as a part of the room rate. Please feel free to drop me a mail at vwanchoo@theimperialindia.com prior to your next visit so that we may offer you the same.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Vijay Wanchoo
Sr. Exec. VP & General Manager
storrington, west sussex, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Lovely old world hotel - 1930s art deco - staff lovely - fresh flowers everywhere and the Spice Route restaurant was an unique experience xx rooms were large and comfortable - had a great nights sleep

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Machynlleth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I'm not going to complain about the hotel, especially as we visited in low season on a very discounted deal but I have stayed in some of the better hotels in Delhi and Gurgaon and the imperial needs to start running if it's going to catch up
The hotels public areas are all very impressive and I'd particularly recommend taking tea or coffee in the atrium. The main bar has been fitted with big screens which for me is a big mistake when this place relies on it's heritage for a mark of it's quality. The pampering spa areas are outstanding (if a little pricey)
The hotel may have been part of the original city plan but that was perhaps when Connought Place was a little more up-market. These days the area is patrolled by touts and pushy vendors - not the easiest place to escape from on foot
So in summary - if style is important and names mean something to you then the Imperial is too notch.
If however you want to dip you feet in real Delhi then this place doesn't give you much opportunity.
Rooms are very good rather than outstanding. Restaurants are very high quality and are priced to match.
The breakfast is outstanding. All staff and chefs will go out of their way to prepare whatever you want. The setting too of course is very grand
We enjoyed our stay - there was some noise from the nearby roadworks (they're extending the metro) which I have to confess did wake us a number of times.
I would have been disappointed if I'd have paid full price for the stay - I think we probably got good value for money at around 1/3rd of the normal rate
Pool is good too - particularly liked the underwater music!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to The Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!