“Very Couteous and Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Sheraton New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   District Centre | Saket, New Delhi 110017, India   |
Ranked #19 of 611 Hotels in New Delhi
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Very Couteous and Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I would like to say a very big thank you to the staff at the Sheraton New Delhi. They are all very attentive and very helpful. I found them to be courteous at all times and willing to provide excellent service with every aspect that one comes to expect from a world class hotel. I travel all over the world as part of my job and it is near impossible to find hotel staff who are more polite and caring than those I have found at this hotel. In particular two staff worthy of special mention are two of the concierge team, their names are Kamil and Krishnan Pradeep. They were very helpful and efficient when I asked them for help. They are both very caring individuals and any requests I made were accepted with a big smile and an obvious genuine willingness to help. They were knowledgeable and found a solution to my request immediately. It is a pleasure to give them such an outstanding accolade and they are an asset to the hotel and the group as a whole, Well done and thank you again.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be very good with good facilities but the Deluxe rooms are better equipped and t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. It is heartening to note that you loved your stay at our hotel. It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort and quality service to ensure a memorable experience. Thank you once again for your recognition and we look forward your continued visits.
General Manager - WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Navi Mumbai, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

1. I did an internet booking at the hotel website and confirmed it with an initial deposit. But when i went for check in, i found my reservation was missing. I was made to wait with my family for almost 45 min to 60 mins before they decided to make an adhoc reservation for me. You would have thought at that time that there would be some graciousness shown by the checkin team by either providing with an upgrade or some other service to show their concern for this delay, but unfortunately none was shown. Guess customer delight is not what they aim for !!!!!. On top of it, no body even thought of sending an escort for the room...

2. While checking out, i was in for another surprise. The luxury tax applied was not on the room rate i was charged but on rack rate which find no mention or reference on the tax invoice. I think this could be termed as unfair practice!!.....?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
At the outset we sincerely regret for the system error wherein your web based booking with an advance of Rs. 600/- not being received at our reservations and the delay in room allocation. Thank you for your constructive feedback. You have my assurance of corrective action.
Luxury Tax is a state subject and in Delhi the Luxury Tax, unlike most states, is charged on the rack rate. I have sent you the attachment of the law. We look forward to your giving us an opportunity to make amends and re establish our credibility with you.
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stayed here for a week beginning of July. While the check in wasn't as smoothly as I expected, the rest largely compensated for that. The rooms are very clean and big. The pool area is lovely and more over quiet (pool isn't deep but nice for a little dip). The spa is something id Absolutely recommend.
The South Indian restaurant is amazing.
I'm definitely coming back here

• Stayed July 2014
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi. Thank you very much for your feedback on Dakshin and we are glad that you liked the food. It is encouragement like this that helps us to strive for greater heights. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I recently stayed in hotel Sheraton,Saket for two nights as a part of big group stay.I liked the hotel in all respects except slow service at check-in counter. Best thing about hotel is its location,right in the middle of everything, 17 km from airport ,adjuscent to huge shopping mall,PVR cinema ,Qutub Minar etc. Food is delicious , swimming pool is awsome.One of the best in Delhi.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback on slow check in. Corrective action has been taken to ensure that this dissonance is not repeated and I am sanguine that you shall note the difference on your next visit. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I had three stays here during July on a combined business/holiday visit to India. On each occasion I found the staff to be wonderful and the combination of very nice rooms, good food and high quality facilities to be very pleasing. The gym and pool are great and the quality of the breakfast offering is very high. I also enjoyed the location next to several snooping malls and cinemas which had great restaurants available. Highly recommended if need to be in this part of Delhi.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Sheraton New Delhi, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a great experience at the hotel. We hope that WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi remains your preferred hotel.
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I recently stayed at The Sheraton-Saket on 27th July. Very impressed with the excellent customer service approach of Ms. Shalini who ensured a comfortable stay for me. With such hard working professional on board, Sheraton-Saket will do good in coming times...A Bansal

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with colleagues and clients last week for an event we were actually running at the hotel. We had a really great stay and were well looked after by staff in the hotel, particularly Parul and Veena who worked with us to ensure our event was a success. We felt they genuinely cared about the success of our business trip and that we got to make the most of some limited free time in Delhi - giving us recommendations on places to visit and even letting us keep our rooms until the evening of our return flight so we could shower and pack as late as we needed.

The food in the hotel was excellent, especially in the Southern Indian restaurant. The flavours and presentation of each dish was exceptional and the service was extremely attentive. The food in the Baywatch restaurant was also very pleasant and I was very impressed one morning when the chef came and asked me specifically if the poached eggs she had made me were up to my satisfaction.

The rooms were also very clean, comfortable and spacious. We had access to the executive club lounge too which was handy and a nice environment to work in.

If we were to do business in Delhi again we would definitely look to stay here. It was much better than our experience at another Delhi hotel in March.

The only issue was a specific discount we had been offered upon booking had been missed from the bill and there was some confusion with regards to event invoicing on checkout. The same applied to the concierge who seemed to give us mixed information about taxi rates we were entitled to. But in the grand scheme of things this didn't affect how much we enjoyed staying at the Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you very much for your encouraging comments on the services provided by our associates. It is encouragement like this that helps us to strive for greater heights. We sincerely regret your experience with event invoicing and information given by
Concierge. We shall ensure that this dissonance is not repeated and I am sanguine that you shall note the difference on your next visit. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.
General Manager - WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi

Been to Sheraton New Delhi? Share your experiences!