I've stayed at this hotel twice and have really enjoyed my stay both times. Service is impeccable, restaurants are all very very good and the location is among my favorites. All-in, an excellent choice.
* Most five-star hotels in India will give you excellent service, and this one is no exception. Very attentive staff who are eager to be helpful.
* Very good selection of restaurants -- the Asian fusion place is my favorite, but the South Indian is also excellent. Lobby restaurant is probably the least favorite of the bunch, but the food itself is not bad -- just the terrible lounge singers in the evening totally ruin the dining experience.
* Location is really great. Very close to Qutab Minar and a variety of other sites. A quieter enclave in the madness of Delhi. Also love that you can walk to the huge Saket area malls within 3-5 minutes. Gives you a ton of very casual dining options and some pretty decent shopping.
* Rooms are small. I've been in the regular "deluxe" room as well as a nice suite. The suites are great, but the regular rooms are smallish. And even the non-smoking ones sometimes smell like an ashtray.
* The lounge singers downstairs -- they are just terrible. No idea why the Sheraton actually pays these people to ruin perfectly good music.
BTW, if you're in Delhi for sightseeing, I'd highly recommend renting a car & driver for a day. Having someone to help you navigate the maddening Delhi traffic, heat and dust is something of considerable value. We were able to rent a Toyota SUV with driver for about 3500 Rupees per day (~$60). Excellent value since this cost included the price of gas (but not tolls). There are tons of travel/tourism agencies that will happily set this up for you.
If possible, get a suite upgrade. ITC is a bit stingy with the SPG upgrades, but it helps if you tal...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi. We have made a note of your feedback on rooms and corrective measures have been taken. We are sanguine that you shall note the difference on your next visit. We value your patronage and the entire team at WelcomHotel looks forward to your next stay with us.
Area Manager - Golden Triangle &
General Manager - WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.