“Excellent hotel - Worth for the big money that you pay.” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Nehru Place, New Delhi 110019, India   |
Ranked #50 of 616 Hotels in New Delhi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent hotel - Worth for the big money that you pay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days during my business visit to Delhi. The hotel is located about 25 minutes from the Domestic Airport. So during traffic hours it may take more also. So please check with the hotel people or your driver about the peak hours to plan your journey accordingly.
Airport pickup from the hotel was not provided as I was coming through Domestic Airport. They gave me a rate and I dropped that idea. Some where in my review you will find out how much was that. I hope they have complimentary airport pickup and drop off for the International One. Very Strange. But there is pre-paid taxi counter inside the airport which is a very good option.
The hotel is very beautifully maintained and the staff were very helpful. I was upgraded to an Executive Room with a twin bed. Check-in time was about 2 minutes which was very quick as I had my reservations everything confirmed.
Security is excellent as to access the lift you need your room key. So unauthorized visitors are not welcome unless and until you accompany them.
I was given a room in the 3rd floor with swimming pool view. (Unfortunately I cannot upload any photos as I have lost my I-Phone in Dubai. I hope Dubai Police will help me to find this. If it get it back and everything is there I have some great photos for this hotel... GOD Help me)
I could see a metro station just behind the hotel which seems to be very convenient. I could see the Lotus temple also which is very near. I hope only walking distance from the hotel. There are two shopping mall in front of the hotel plus a movie theater. A very good one and I managed to see a film also - Special 26. There is also a very good street market outside the hotel just across the street which starts functioning by evening time I believe. You have to have a very good bargaining skill to get something from there. Also a McDonalds is there in front of the theater if you are a junk food favorite. Other than that local food outlets are many where you could try some really local foods.
The room has got all the basic amenities that you want and to spoil yourself. Hair Dryer, Coffee making machine, Iron with table and number of toiletries. The toilet was very clean and neatly set up.
They got almost all basic channels and a list was also provided. You don't have a Tv set in the toilet but you can hear the audio in there though an in built speaker system. So better put some music channel when you are going to take a bath instead of a horror movie. The bed and pillow was so comfortable and carefully chosen which will make it difficult to get up in the morning. A very good night sleep. Internet it seems to be a paid one which I didn't try as I have my own airtel dongle with me.
Breakfast was complimentary with my package which was served at the restaurant located in the Lobby level - Blooms. The breakfast was very good with some varieties of Japanese dish items.
I booked a conference room for two days which was also very spacious and neatly set. A board room setup. Excellent staff with prompt assistance for every need. Really appreciate that.
There is a saloon in the health club area. I did a haircut over there but of course compared to the rate outside I can cut my hair for 8 months. But of course it’s not a local one. I also did an hair oil massage which was really comfortable. So definitely I have to pay a good amount. So no complaints on that.
I didn't use the swimming pool as the temperature at my visit in Delhi was about 10 to 15. So didn't dare to do that drill.
Overall the hotel is bit expensive but you get what you have paid for. The customer service and the experience that you get is really commendable and worth for money. I have personally arranged a call taxi to pick me up and drop me at the airport. So I have no idea how much it will cost me if I take a hotel taxi. But the rate that they offered me for pick up and drop of at the hotel was INR 1400 but I paid only INR 300 to a pre-paid taxi.
My final word is JUST GO FOR IT. YOU WILL ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF YOUR STAY.

Room Tip: I don't think any issue will be there with any rooms. As there is no railway station or airport...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear ShankerSreekumar,

Thank you for posting your detailed review of Eros Managed by Hilton, my team and I are pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality and your stay.

We appreciate your feedback on our location, guest room and facilities. It is encouraging for the team to learn that their warm and professional service made you feel safe and well-looked after during your stay. It is also good to know that you slept comfortably on our beds and that you were happy with our breakfast buffet variety.

The team extends their warm thanks for your special mention of their service. It was their pleasure to ensure that all your meeting requirements were met.

Thank you for staying with us and for recommending the hotel to the Tripadvisor community. We hope that your business brings you back to New Delhi in the future so that we may extend our warm hospitality and Hilton experience to you once again.

Julian Ayers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hotel is situated at Nehru Place. Which is very nearby to Greater Kailash Market, Saket, Lajpat Nagar, Very convenient to reach there through Metro. Food is very nice in Singh Sahib Restaurant and enjoy dinner with Live Ghazals. 24X7 Coffee Shop also serves good variety. Person can enjoy food, market, shopping. There pastry Shop (Sweet n Crusty) serves amazing cakes.

One can enjoy his/her stay at Eros, Hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear nidhiandamit,

My team and I are delighted to receive your kind review of Eros Managed by Hilton, it was a pleasure having you and your family with us.

Our Food and Beverage team is happy to learn that your good dining experience at Singh Sahib and the cakes at Sweet & Crusty highlighted your experience with us. It is also good to know that you enjoyed exploring around our bustling neighbourhood.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel this month for 2 nights, i think it was room 929. room is ok, bed good, bathroom ok. good view of the city from the room. the commode doesn't have a bidet shower, becomes a bit of bother for those of us who use water. guys this is india!
internet is expensive. since it was winter didn't use the pool, but it looked ok. there also was smaller childrens' pool.
breakfast area is a bit small but the buffet selection is just right. the buffet lunch served as a part of the conference was below average but the dinner was ok.
the conference area was adequate size.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear sanjoy,

Thank you for posting your review of Eros Managed by Hilton, your feedback and insights are much appreciated.

We are glad that overall you were comfortable in our guest room, from which you enjoyed the city view, and that you were happy with our buffet breakfast and dinner spreads. The team has received your feedback regarding our lunch buffet and continues to work hard to uphold the high standards of our food quality.

We look forward to welcoming you back, should your business bring you back to New Delhi in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at the Eros hotel. Again, the service was exceptional. The staff are exceptionally helpful. For example, when I was leaving a staff member who was cleaning a room saw me going past with my case and immediately raced out and insisted on taking care of the case despite being told not to worry. I had an executive room and the access to the executive lounge was well worth it each evening after work. I was there for a business trip and would be more than happy to stay again.

Dear Rossco90,

Thank you for your kind compliments of Eros Managed by Hilton, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your continued patronage is important to us and it is rewarding for the team to learn that their service contributed well towards both your stays with us. We are also glad that you were comfortable in our Executive room and Lounge.

We look forward to having you with us again and continuing to delight you with our warm hospitality.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Lots of security, and wood panelling it felt very secure and comfortable. But restaurants were two in number and service was slow and once totally forgotten. The small shopping arcade provided a pushy experience not seen since Mumbai but I didn't buy anything. The buffet was smaller than expected and rather limited in range. I was especially disappointed that the speciality beers listed in the menu were not available - not even one of them, although it took 3 waiters and a phone call to find that out.
The room was comfortable although showing slight ageing service around the rooms was better but overall not the Hilton experience I had expected.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Steve361,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Eros Managed by Hilton, it was a pleasure having you with us.

Whilst we are pleased to learn that you felt comfortable and safe with us, we are sorry that you were disappointed with your dining experiences and our service. Your valuable feedback has been shared with the relevant department and our team members will be carrying out process reviews in their on-going efforts to deliver the exemplary service expected of the hotel. With regards to the specialty beers, I can confirm that our suppliers experienced shipment delays, which is a regular occurrence especially with the import of specialty beverages into India. However, we have since received our stock.

We hope for another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience to you, should you return to New Delhi in the future.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I got a room booked on the 12th(highest) floor of the hotel, having access to the executive lounge.It was an extremely special day as I wanted a very Exclusive Valentines Day with my wife.Ms Ritika Singh (Front Office Manager), truly went out of the way to create a magical experience for both of us, with assistance from the execution team of course.I express my deepest gratitude to her.

Hilton has always been very special as, at Hilton, my wife and I met for the first time, got fixed and spent our wedding night too. Now another significant event of our togetherness gets added to the list "Our First Valentines Day".

Thank You Julian, Ritika and Hilton for the most amazing times, hospitality, professionalism and the perfect personal touch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RajatSoni,

My team and I are heartened to receive your wonderful review, thank you for staying with us during the romantic Valentine's Day period.

Every guest is an important individual to us and we are dedicated to delivering the best stay experiences to all our guest. It was our pleasure to add yet another milestone for you and your wife, and deliver a wonderful experience to you both. Ritika extends her warmest thanks for your special mention of her assistance. She, together with all of us here at Eros Managed by Hilton, is delighted that you both felt well-looked after during your stay with us.

We certainly look forward to seeing you both again and celebrating many more special occasions with you!

India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I am extremely disappointed with this hotel. Being managed by Hilton, I had a different picture in my mind.
- Bathroom fittings were falling off
- Furniture was old & worn out
- The lift interiors were dated (wood chipped off)
- Staff not courteous enough to match the brand they are working for

Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gsmanhas,

I am very sorry to learn that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations.

As we continue to strive for excellence in the quality of our products and services, your valuable feedback is much appreciated. I wish to assure you that contrary to the experience you have gained from your stay, the team continues to work hard to deliver the exemplary Hilton quality service and experience to all our guests. We are also taking steps to address and rectify the issues that you have pointed out.

Thank you for staying with us. Whilst you have indicated otherwise, we hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to deliver a better stay experience to you.

Julian Ayers

Been to Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place? Share your experiences!