“Wonderful service & beautiful decor.” 4 of 5 stars

Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Nehru Place, New Delhi 110019, India   |
Ranked #47 of 596 Hotels in New Delhi
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful service & beautiful decor.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at the Eros hotel for 2 weeks and was very pleased. The rooms were comfortable and service was excellent. I took advantage of the Executive Lounge daily and was always greeted with helpful staff. They answered questions about the city and how to get around as well. House keeping went over and beyond to make sure we were happy. We did put our 'do not disturb' sign up at times so they wouldn't check in to see if we needed anything else because if it wasn't up they were very attentive and would ring the bell multiple times in the evening to see if anything else was needed.
I loved the extensive breakfast buffet available. The waiters were also very attentive and would remember our drink orders and what our favorite dishes were.
The hotel is a bit worn but in great condition and beautiful. They would have fresh vibrant flower arrangements throughout the hotel. The walls are a bit thin and you could sometimes hear noises from surrounding rooms. The smog and smoky smell would sometimes enter the hotel but housekeeping was wonderful and quickly supplied us with an air cleaner for our room. Overall it was a GREAT stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to everyone and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear GypsyLovexoxo,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your two weeks with us. It is always wonderful to learn of our guests' positive stay experiences.

Indeed, my team are truly appreciative of your feedback on their service. They work hard to continually ensure the comfort and well-being of all our guests and we apologise if you found their attentiveness slightly overwhelming. We are nevertheless glad that you felt well-looked after during your stay

Thank you for your recommendation, it would be our pleasure to extend our warm hospitality to you again when you next return to New Delhi.

Julian Ayers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Turkish first
Worldwide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

When they say "managed by Hilton", I think them mean, don't expect a Hilton, but its fairly well run anyway. i.e. Hilton Lite.

The hotel is an Indian grand old-style with lots of Italian marble and woodsy paneling, and beautiful woodwork everywhere. They're maintaining it pretty well it you don't look too close and it was fairly well run.

My biggest complaint were the thin walls and the complete disregard by the staff for noise, which they are the biggest source of. Banging, clanging, hammering and drilling on walls and hollering at each other in the halls. They seem to think that between 8am and 8am, they are free to do whatever they please.

As far as location goes, it depends on why you've come to Delhi. If you have business in this part of town maybe you will like the location. I didn't, and found the area lacking and the 40 minute drive to the airport a bit too long.

I stayed here as an experiment and my stay was ok, but I'd probably not come back. Delhi has lots of hotel choices and this wasn't all that appealing for me.

Room Tip: Away from staff service areas.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear jetcaptain,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights from your recent stay at Eros Managed by Hilton.

As part of Hilton Worldwide, we strive to always deliver great stay experiences for all our guests and deeply regret that the inconvenience you encountered from the noise very much impacted your stay with us.

I wish to assure you that we are addressing this issue with our team members and retraining them to be more sensitive to the needs of our guests. Any maintenace work being carried out on our guest floors is closely monitored and timed so as to minimise any disturbance to our guests and we will strengthen this process going forward.

We truly appreciate your honest review and thank you for staying with us. Although you have indicated otherwise, we hope that we will have another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm Hilton hospitality that we always strive to deliver.

Kathmandu, Nepal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Except for the friendly staffs and courteous service, this chain of Hilton Hotels didn't live up to my expectations in terms of technology and access. There I was, thinking that the internet would be accessible and the Wi-Fi system would be quick and reliable! But boo, there was no free internet access and it didn't feel quite like home!

I liked the hotel environment and quite loved the ambiance but it feels sad to say that it didn't quite feel comfortable with no internet access around! Sad but true!

Anyways, if you seek perfect luxurious indulgence into a good hotel, Eros Hotel is definitely recommended!! Four stars for GOOD, a level beyond Average.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Bhoomikaa,

Thank you for staying at Eros Managed by Hilton, it was a pleasure having you with us.

I am very sorry that you encountered issues with internet access during you stay, which has since been rectified. We understand the importance of this service for all our guests and are reviewing our offerings and pricing to see how best we can effectively meet and facilitate the requirements of our guests. Please rest assured that your feedback helps us in this respect. In the meantime, in recognition of their loyalty, Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members enjoy the benefit of complimentary internet access during their stay.

I am nevertheless pleased to find that our friendly service and hotel ambience were the highlights of your stay; we very much appreciate your recommendation of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Delhi.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

All the staff were very helpful and when there was a problem it was sorted in minutes
Room was upgraded as a gold member of Hilton and ended in a suit which was very good for a business trip
The hotel had all the facilities and people helped when it was needed will defiantly stay again

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear john69_10,

It is a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are delighted to have been your "oasis" in Delhi!

We truly appreciate your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member and it is indeed nice to know that you were happy with our facilities and service. We look forward to being of service to you again when you next return to New Delhi.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I expected better from Hilton. The first time we stayed here the room was overlooking the gardens and this was pleasant enough, despite the location being unattractive to tourists. A week later we went back & the room was next to staff working area,overlooking some kind of generator and all night this contraption kept wizzing into life making loud noises.
If this was not bad enough, the walls allow you to hear all of your neighbours activities. The rooms are drab and need some life injected into them.
The restaurant staff 'Blooms' didnt appear interested and were quite put out if you asked them anything.

Room Tip: Get a room nearer the elevators & overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Raine932,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Eros Managed by Hilton, we really appreciate your honest and candid feedback.

I am very sorry to learn that your recent stay experience fell below your expectations. Please be assured that your feedback is important to us and that my team are taking steps to address your comments, especially with regards to the service shortfall you experienced at Blooms. My team recognise the importance of due attention that must be given to all our guests and this is being heavily reinforced in our process reviews and on-going training programmes.

We also regret the inconvenience you encountered from the noise of the generator, as well as the neighbouring rooms. We are taking your feedback into consideration as we plan future enhancements for the hotel.

My team and I sincerely apologise once again that we were unable to deliver a better stay experience for you. We nevertheless hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to extend to you the true and warm Hilton hospitality that we continually strive to deliver.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I'm a Hilton gold member and recently stayed at this property in Delhi, I pitifully should report that this property is not close to what you can expect from a Hilton place. Location is far from major tourist places, rooms are old, dark, smelly and small. The gym's sauna and steam require an urgent upgrade, breakfast buffet is great and compensates a little bit from the overall experience. Service is ok although not at levels you might also expect in the region. I also used ITC hotelsl quite often and Eros doesn't match. I travel also quite often to Mumbai and there the service is way better so it is not India it is Eros that could be better managed. From Delhi we went to Agra and Jaipur and the hotels (ITC ) and services were way better
I hope someone pays attention to what can be improved on this property
Overall, not recommended

• Stayed October 2012
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear AlbertoMiami_Florida,

I am very sorry to learn that our hotel was a disappointment to you when you recently stayed with us. We nevertheless appreciate your honest feedback and insights that will help us to evaluate and address the areas in need of improvements.

We regret that the hotel's location did not suit your requirements. However, our location in the heart of the New Delhi business quarter and its proximity to the largest convention centre in the city, the Pragati Maidan makes it convenient for our guests whose businesses are located within this area. We are also only a short walk away from the nearest Metro station that enables our guests access to all parts of the city and major attractions.

Whilst we are pleased that you were generally satisfied with our breakfast buffet and service, we are taking your comments regarding our rooms and facilities seriously as we plan future enhancements for the hotel. All of us here at Eros Managed by Hilton continue to work hard to deliver the high quality of the products and services expected of a luxury hotel.

Please be assured that your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member is truly appreciated. Though we understand that your recent stay has affected your impression of us, we would be delighted for another opportunity to be of service to you again when you next return to New Delhi, so that you may experience the true and warm Hilton hospitality that we continually seek to deliver.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a lovely hotel with a great restaurant. The buffet is great and they have good entertainment. The dancers were better than any others that I saw while touring India. There are no places nearby to shop and the bedside light in my room didn't work and I wasn't able to get it repaired. Also, I was contacted via my tour manager the day after I left and the hotel claimed that I didn't pay for my meal. I had to show my receipt to prove that I had indeed, paid. Save your receipts. All that aside, it is a very good hotel with good food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear circa1952,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Eros Managed by Hilton, we truly appreciate your kind feedback from your stay.

I am very sorry to learn of the inconveniences you encountered both during and after your stay with us. Indeed, I have shared your comments with my team, who will take steps to review their processes and improve on overall efficiency in terms of responding to guest requests.

I am delighted to note that these issues did not affect your overall stay experience. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Julian Ayers

Been to Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place? Share your experiences!