“A Hotel on Crutches” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
jubail
“A Hotel on Crutches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Which self respecting hotel would choose a sentence like this to serve as a name?

As the name implies unabashedly, this hotel makes no bones of using the Hilton tag as its crutches for getting business. Which by itself is ok if it gets the business. But guests would feel a bit less cheated if the hotel was able to live up to the Hilton tag. And this is where the whole deal falls short. The Hilton tag serves no purpose other than jack up the rates. Guest satisfaction takes a hit due to high expectations.

Hotel EROS is actually a pretty decent hotel (if the crutch was not there) for the normal business traveller, with a 5 star lobby & restaurants and 3.5 or 4 star rooms, at best. I stayed here for one week during the last week of Feb 2012.

I stayed in the King Executive room on 5th floor. The room & toilet was not 5 star by any stretch of imagination. The bed was good. Iron board & iron was provided. Lounge access was included, but the high tea spread was dismal. Internet was at extra cost.

Complimentary breakfast was of high quality. There is a special section for Japanese breakfast.

Conference room facility is also top class. We used the Governor's conference room (20 pax) for 6 days from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm. However, I highly recommend the hotel to change the chairs. They are the most uncomfortable meeting room chairs that I have ever come across.

The Reception, Concierge & Travel Desk personnel were very warm and helpful.

The neighborhood offers nothing in terms of window shopping or casual strolling in the evening. High point is the proximity of the Lotus Temple, which is hardly one km away. The hotel is well connected by metro & taxis.

If you feel like a quick bite of something which will not burn a hole in your pocket, there is a mini food court & cineplex across the road. You can get McDonald, Subway etc there. Also, Nehru Place market offers bargain shopping for electronic & computer items.

Overall, very average fare at exorbitant rates, if you are a room guest. Excellent fare at 5 star rates if you are a restaurant guest or just a day guest utilizing the facilities.

Room Tip: Frankly, the location is such that it doesnt offer a worthwhile view any which way. There is no poin...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear LuqmanU,

Thank you for your candid review of Eros Managed by Hilton, we very much appreciate your feedback from your recent stay with us.

We wish to clarify that Eros Managed by Hilton is a full-service Hilton property and that the whole team, from management to ground personnel, works closely at all times to ensure that all brand and operations standards are delivered at a consistent level.

Your review is valuable to us because it provides insights on areas that are important to all our guests. We have taken note of your comments regarding our Executive lounge and food offering, of which our Food and Beverage team are reviewing to improve on its quality and variety.

We are very pleased that you found our breakfast selection (especially the Japanese option) and conference facilities to be of high quality. We have taken note of your comments about the chairs and have plans to further improve on this.

Thank you also for your compliments to the team. Rest assured that we take pride in being part of the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of hotels and the team certainly work very hard to uphold the high standards expected of our hotel.

Once again, we very much appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Julian Ayers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Turkish first
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

My husband and I have recently returned from a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff is exceptional and they can't do enough for you. They all go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and tension free. The breakfast has a good selection of Indian, full english, continental, japanese, fruits, salads and above all the staff are brilliant.
The concierge staff are always willing to help you no matter what your query.
We had booked an airport transfer through our holiday agent and on the day of our depature for our return flight there was a huge wedding at the hotel. The same time our driver was to arrive, the wedding party was also departing. The traffic was chaos. The hotel staff went out of their way to locate our taxi, moved vehicles to bring him to the front door, helped load our luggage and made sure that we were able to depart in good time so not to be rushed to meet our flight. They were so good, and we really appreciated their help and committment to go that extra mile, especially as we hadn't booked through them.
We would highly recommend this hotel. The amenities, cleansiness, location, service and food was exceptional.
Thank you so much Eros Hilton staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear HarjandJazz,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your compliments to the team, it is a pleasure to know that you felt well looked after throughout your stay.

We very much appreciate your recommendation of Eros Managed by Hilton and your feedback on our facilities, service and food.

We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was going to start my review by saying this: what a relief to arrive at Eros Hotel after spending a week at The Ashok Hotel (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g304551-d306948-Reviews-Ashok_Hotel-New_Delhi_National_Capital_Territory_of_Delhi.html).

But this would be terribly unfair to Eros Hotel. Eros Hotel is a wonderful property in its own right. Beautiful rooms, impeccably maintained. Attentive, professional and friendly service. This property would rank up there with the great hotels in Asia.

Check-in was seamless. No waiting. A sea of friendly faces in beautiful uniform greeted me as I walked in. I was professionally escorted to my room within minutes of arriving.

My room included a "Nespresso" type coffee machine (although not this brand), and there are nice little touches in the room like a separate room for the wardrobe, and also a heated mirror in the bathroom to prevent it from fogging up. Loads of multi-adapter type power points across the room, and beside the bed.

As a HiltonHHonors Diamond member, I also had access to the Executive Lounge on the top floor. The food and service there, again, is fantastic. Pretty much faultless.

Only complaint: very slow wireless Internet access. For business travellers, this may cause a problem. But that would probably be a service provider issue. A flaw that slightly marred an otherwise fantastic stay.

I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear craig_ng,

Thank you for reviewing Eros Managed by Hilton, especially for your kind compliments about the hotel being among the great hotels in Asia.

We are indeed most pleased that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us, despite the internet access issue you encountered. Rest assured my team are looking into this to rectify this matter because as you rightly point out, this service is very important to our business guests.

Your encouraging feedback on our service, room and facilities is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

this is the second time i've stayed here in last 3 months and it really is top notch. Staff are great, food is pretty good (not brilliant, it should be said) and if you book an executive room you can access the brilliant 12th floor exec lounge with complementary drinks and very tasty snacks during happy hour (6.30-8.30pm). I recently got in at 6.00 pm and really needed my laundry turned around quickly. asked for the express service and my laundry was brought back 3 hours later but with only the normal charges applied. pickup and drop off at Delhi airport is reasonable for a one hour journey (2,500 rupees). BTW breakfast is absolutely superb, amazing range of delicacies from around the world on display.
Must add, if you are needing a hairdresser just pop down to the lower ground floor and you will find an amazing hairdressers where an Indian head massage is a must afterwards!
Enjoy!

Room Tip: pay a bit extra for the executive rooms and enjoy the gratis food and drink on the 12th floor, well...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear ScottiiScottii,

It is very much a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us.

Thank you for your compliments to the team, who indeed work tirelessly to provide consistent and high levels of service for the comfort and well-being of all our guests. We are also most pleased that you enjoyed the Executive Lounge refreshments and our buffet breakfast.

We appreciate your encouraging feedback and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Firstly, the bad stuff.

Since the Eros was recently acquired by the Hilton group from the Intercontinental, some cross contamination of website links and phone numbers has occurred. Don't think that phoning the number on their website will get you to the Hilton, it will redirect you to the central booking office for Intercontinental. This caused me huge problems, and many misunderstandings. It was only after finding the landline for the Hilton in Delhi and calling the front desk to put me through to reservations that finally got me to the person who could go through the booking process.

They will tell you they'll send an email with confirmation, but this just doesn't ever happen. I rang twice to ask for this email and it never arrived, and yes I did check that they had it correct. I headed to Delhi (from Sydney) hoping for the best.

Business Centre: be careful if you send anything by email for printing. It may get lost or the person you sent it to disappears without telling anyone what they've done with your stuff. You could spend 20 mins trying to find out what happened and hopefully for you you're not waiting to catch a flight that morning.

And the good stuff:

Breakfast, breakfast and more wonderful breakfast choices. I've never seen a display quite like it. Full bank of Indian foods, traditional egg, bacon etc, on the other side of display, Japanese breakfast, lots of different muesli and fruits, mini danish pastries, fruit laden tables, about 12 different teas, lovely lovely lovely.

Beds: Really comfortable, soft yet supportive. Perfect, thank you Hilton for making this a priority.

Service: Excellent, cannot be faulted.

Decor: traditional and a little worn, but I quite like that old styling. Please, please don't get rid of the lovely old panelled lifts.

All in all, a really great place to stay in Delhi and I'd recommend it without reservation ('scuse the pun).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Shumi,

Thank you for reviewing Eros Managed by Hilton, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your booking process. We are looking into our website, as well as third party websites to ensure that our reservations contact details and links are correct. However, we are also aware that some third party websites may not have updated our details yet. Please let us know the website you accessed and we will have this rectified immediately.

As for the Business Centre, my team are reviewing and taking the necessary steps to improve their processes.

Despite these concerns, your recommendation of our hotel is truly appreciated.

Thanks again and should you be planning your future stays with us, you may call us directly on +91-11-4122 3344 or through our email Delnp_res@hilton.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wales, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Eros hotel for over 10 years when it was under the InterContinental Brand, but decided to wait for favourable reviews before returning under the Hilton Brand. In the meantime I stayed at the Shangri-La which I really did not like. When returning to the Eros Feb 10-15th 2012, I was surprised that not much had changed, some different detail in the guest rooms, but otherwise it was nice to be back to my home from home in New Delhi. One of the managers remembered me and greeted me by name and even some of the housekeeping and room service staff remembered me. There were a few tiny hiccups, but they were promptly corrected and I had one of the nicest stays in years. I shall definitely not be returning to the Shangri-La and hope that under Hilton management, the Eros will get better and better.

Room Tip: In wedding season (Dec to Feb) avoid the lower floors and ask for a pool view room, much nicer.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Eros_Nehru_Place, General Manager at Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear cwmfelin,

Thank you for your kind review of Eros Managed by Hilton, we are most delighted that you returned to your "home away from home"!

It is very much a pleasure to know that you are a familiar face to some members of my team and that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality after a brief hiatus from the hotel. As always, we are committed to ensuring the comfort and well-being of all our guests.

Once again, we are delighted that you have returned to our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed at the Eros Hotel Feb 5th -8th and this will have been our 6th time staying there. We are from the US and are not used to the first rate service you get here. The decor, rooms, fitness room, and restaurants are top notch in every way. But it is the service and friendliness of the people working there that are the true reason we keep coming back. It is almost like coming back to family each time we return. We plan on coming back again in May....

Room Tip: A room facing the side of the pool and Lotus Temple is nice...
Dear Ruthluvindia,

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed all your stays and our hospitality each time you stayed with us.

Thank you for your compliments to the hotel and especially our service. Indeed, I am very proud of my team, who all work very hard to uphold high service standards for our guests.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your return in May.

Julian Ayers

Been to Eros Hotel, New Delhi, Nehru Place? Share your experiences!