“Tired old hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Lalit New Delhi

You added The Lalit New Delhi to your Saves list
The Lalit New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barakhamba Avenue | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #58 of 612 Hotels in New Delhi
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
“Tired old hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We spent three nights in this old hotel- two when we arrived in Delhi and one the last night before departure. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. But the hotel is tired. The beds are comfortable, but the edges sag uncomfortably. The bathroom is spacious with a steeping tub and large shower with excellent water pressure and ample hot water. The chrome is peeling off the bathroom fixtures and the mirrors are missing silver in spots.
The hotel is a dead spot for my Airtel India 3G and their WiFi is 13 USD per day.
It's not in walking distance to other restaurants and the in-house ones, while excellent, are expensive (cheapest bottle of wine 50 USD).
The Breakfast buffet had a good selection but service was virtually non-existent. Omelets arrived after the plate was clean and coffee is apparently considered an after-dinner drink by the wait staff.
I would not stay here again. There is surely a better hotel in the neighborhood.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I arrived in this hotel after I decided I needed a break from hostels as I am travelling the world for a year, I'm sorry I left the hostel. I've stayed in every type of hotel you can imagine from 2 star in New York/5 star in London/ 7 star in Dubai and hostels included. This was possibly the most falsely advertised five star hotel (with five star prices, may i add!). Let me start from the start, the check in process was slow, due to staff not taking notice of customers around them, or being otherwise occupied. There apparently wasn't any standard rooms available, only club rooms, which were at an extra cost so I expected extra luxury, I didnt get what I expected. The room it's self was average to poor, the AC didn't drop below 10 degrees and as a North westerner I'm used to low temperatures by night or at all. In order to correct this I had to request an extra fan which I did receive and it does help some what. The room smells terrible, at first I thought it was raw sewerage and then I thought it was stale smoke, but I've been assured that it's a non smoking room. So I don't know what this sickly smell is. The tv has a limited amount of channels, none of which I recognise, with no options to rent movies. The bathroom doesn't look welcoming as there is residue on the shower heads and some things seems rusty. The towels were very poor so I opted to use my travel towel instead. The bed itself is comfortable yet it has a slight damp feeling (but I suggest that that is just me, maybe?) I have woken up with two extra bites one on my ear and another on my ankle, I haven't left the hotel so I can't suggest What it is or where I've gotten them but I suspect the bed. The mini bar is poorly stocked with aprox 4 cans and a chocolate bar, I've seen more in a poor persons fridge. I've ordered room service on a few occasions and each time the quality of the food was terrible so now I've resorted to living off granola bars! And last but not least it's very easy to get lost in this hotel as there is very few signs available to point you on the right path. I feel like this hotel has potential but as of now I feel it's old and out dated, and I didn't enjoy my stay as much as I should have. This hotel is the equivalent of a 3/4 hotel average back in the uk. 5 star prices for a 3/4 star stay.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It was really very good experience to stay in this hotel. It is located in the prime location of Delhi and market,malls are all nearby with good locality.
This hotel has very good room service and it is equipped with Gym,swimming poor, Bar etc.

Room Tip: Front side rooms are good to see the view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Hotel is in very good location. Staff is very friendly and helpful. GM of hotel takes things personally and I was happy to be a beneficiary of this quality. Break fast menu was well elaborate. Room service was also good. Check in was great. Imran at front desk and Manager Poonam Arora did excellent job. Rooms as expected were close to each other. That helped a lot for our visit. Thank you all staff of Lalit Delhi.

Room Tip: high floor recommended.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, 3 days ago

Namaskar !

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Lalit New Delhi during your recent visit and writing a great review on TripAdvisor.

It is indeed very heart warming to read your feedback and reassures us that our efforts are well recognised by our esteemed guests like yourself. The entire team of The Lalit New Delhi joins me in THANKING YOU for your kind and generous comments and feedback about the services and facilities experienced by you of the hotel.

We hope to be your preferred choice of hotel in times to come and also hope that you will recommend us to your friends, family and company.

Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had a very pleasant second stay at The Lalit. Overall a good experience. Good enough to warrant a re-visit the next time I am in Delhi. But a few things need to be sorted as the check in. The staff need to be trained to concentrate whats on hand and not get distracted by ill mannered people who just butt in while they are handling ones check in. The seemed to be a bit of chaos all around this time. Also wonder why did she ask me my expected check out time - not once but twice and again. As if they wanted me out as quickly as possible ! The Baluchi restaurant is good. Some rookie staff - but we all make a beginning sometime. The bar "24/7" is nice. A couple of cocktails I tried were well concocted. Sadly the bottled beer and cans were not chilled. Had to settle for draft beer. And why not stock Kingfisher ? Our own Indian brand ? have had Kingfisher in over twelve countries !!! Enjoyed the dinner buffet at the Baluchi especially the vermicelli fried fish. The rooms are well appointed. You get free wi-fi for one day. Sleep quality was a bit disturbed because the bed was too soft. This may not be a problematic issue for all. Breakfast was sumptuous with live counters and smiling and blundering staff.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Namaskar !

We have noted your feedback regarding our Staff, Food & Beverage services and quality of mattress and assure you of providing superlative services and a comfortable stay during your next visit.

chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Return in january but got a de luxe Room with acces to lounge
Doesnt worth the extra money lounge with very limited choices and only in happy hour
On the other hand love location and overall experience Was ok
I Was fool by cashier and pay my Bill in dollars instead of rupies,Cost of stay encrease 6% in comparison with my bank exchange rate,told me to sign voucher but i Was signing aproval
Very wrong business practice i asume both hotel and cashier make a lot of money doing this

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Namaskar !

We have noted your feedback regarding the experience at the Front Desk and Club Lounge and assure you of providing superlative services and a comfortable stay during your next visit.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Comfortable Hotel but could be anywhere in the world. The room was quiet and bed comfortable but public areas very busy and noisy. The pool is very pleasant but the music very annoying. The staff were helpful and friendly and they arranged a trip to the Taj Mahal for us. Perfectly acceptable place to stay for a couple of days whilst on business or sightseeing but food and drinks are pretty pricey

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Namaskar !

We have noted your feedback and assure you of providing superlative services and a comfortable stay during your next visit.

vshukla@thelalit.com

Been to The Lalit New Delhi? Share your experiences!