“Very good and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lalit New Delhi

You added The Lalit New Delhi to your Saves list
The Lalit New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barakhamba Avenue | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #63 of 616 Hotels in New Delhi
Allschwil
“Very good and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed there in January in a View Room. Spacious and very comfortable quiet room, clean and everything in best working condition. Very tasty food and excellent selection and layout at the buffet. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We got a late checkout without any problems.
Hotel is situated in the center of Delhi, walking around however, is quite discuraging.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, April 3, 2013

Namaskar !

Thank you very much for your feedback of your recent stay with us at The LaLiT New Delhi, India.

Your kind words of appreciation about the various hotel services and facilities would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team to even do better and excel in everything they do on a day to day basis to make sure our esteemed guests like yourself are more comfortable and well looked after.

Please write me a mail at vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are visiting New Delhi so that we can really look after you well.

We look forward to your support and patronage to The LaLiT New Delhi and also welcome you back to your home.

Vivek Shukla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I love these staff's smile, This is a high quality, luxurious Hotel.My departure flight was quity late until AM1:00,I disappoint they agreed my late check-out until PM4:00.But it's accepable..
We love the breakfast in Hotel,nice,delicious.
10mim Walk to Connaught Place (Metro station is Rajiv Chowk),next corner to metro ststion of Barakhamba Road.
The only problem is the shower nozzle,It spray everywhere when I am taking shower.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, April 4, 2013

Namaskar !

We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to Shower nozzle and the same has been taken up with the concerned manager.

Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I arrived in the Lalit three weeks ago. The water in the sink was literally coming out brown (full of dirt) the room was dirty and the carpet smelling very bad! The next day I told the manager that I was checking out due to the problems encountered, They offered to give me a suite . I refused to stay. They took 45 minutes for checking me out. Finally they told me that they had a problem with the pipes in the hotel! they should not have sold the rooms !
The restaurant was more pricy than other hotel restaurants and the quality of the food was average. I will not recommend this hotel

Namaskar!!

At the outset let me thank you for your feedback wherein you have outlined the dissatisfying experience you had at The Lalit New Delhi during your stay with regards to the hotel services.

Please accept our most sincere and profound apologies for the annoying and dissatisfying experience caused to you.

This incident is unfortunate and regrettable and we understand the anguish and dissatisfaction experienced by you. The entire team of The Lalit New Delhi joins me in extending their sincere and profound apologies. I have taken up your feedback seriously with the concerned Head of Departments for immediate corrective action.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance we look forward to working towards regaining your faith and confidence in our brand.

Newport Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

As crazy as India is to me, I have to say how pleasantly surprised I am at the service, beauty, comfort and location of this hotel. The breakfast was amazing and the room is extremely spacious and comfortable. Love it here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, April 1, 2013

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The service at this hotel is pathetic.Unsmiling and unhappy staff with an attitude. All those Front Office staff, especially the ladies in those terrible and stupid looking uniforms, never smile once or even ask how you are or can they assist? They just stand there like statues. The Front Office is terribly inefficient. At check out they made us wait for half an hour and argued that they had not received payment from our agent. Firstly, they could have checked and advised us well in advance or the previous day. But no, they had to make us wait and cause an issue at check out stressing us out and almost making us miss our flight. The Lalit calls itself 5 star but can't even organise itself to ensure that guests have a smooth check out without incidents. Secondly, after half an hour, it transpired that they had received payment and it was their internal systems which had not passed the information to the Front Office. The quality and variety of food at breakfast was good; however, the service wash terrible. Tables not laid out or cleaned properly. No cutlery or napkins . Waiters running around completely lost. Frankly, they are in a mess, not in control at all and total lack of direction. Housekeeping is equally bad. When they did not leave toiletries in the bathroom, we asked and apparently they got so offended they they dumped 2 dozen each of soaps, shampoos and shower gel. Our bathroom looked like a storeroom for their toiletries. I find this kind of attitude pathetic. It's probably because the staff are really unhappy. This was my first stay at Lalit and the last.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same size. So don't waste your money on the so called executive rooms.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Was in Delhi for the a professional's exam from 2-5 March. Service was tops. Food was good though pricey. Didn't have a choice as I didn't want to risk food poisoning eating outside.

Stay was really pleasant till check out. I had booked a flight + package through expedia which was fully paid for. But on check out was presented with a bill requiring to pay for the 3 nights I was there. Got into a big argument with the front desk, who kept insisting that expedia did not charge me for the hotel stay. Showed them receipts, showed them my online credit card bill which showed expedia deductions. Front desk pulled a fast one on me, saying that the expedia charge was just a hold, to ensure that payment would be made to the hotel in case I didnt pay my hotel bill. Having a flight to catch, had no choice but to pay up.

Went home, complained to expedia. EXPEDIA singapore has a crap customer service. Each time I call, they said they will investigate and get back to me. They never got back, and I had to keep calling. Finally got to speak to a manager by the name of gilbert. Said he would really investigate, needed lalit to respond to him. Up till now, he has yet to get back, yet to keep his promise of updating me yesterday.

From what I see. 1st screw up: Lalit front desk. 2nd screw up: expedia singapore who are totally inept.

I end up 500 USD poorer, 100 USD phone bill, and 5 hours of wasted time.
No one wants to take responsibility.
Service teriible just based on this, but I will rate the rest fairly

Room Tip: club room is worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, March 31, 2013

Namaskar!!

At the outset let me thank you for your feedback wherein you have outlined the dissatisfying experience you had at The Lalit New Delhi during your stay with regards to the Front Desk services.

This incident is unfortunate and regrettable and we understand the anguish and dissatisfaction experienced by you. The entire team of The Lalit New Delhi joins me in extending their sincere and profound apologies. I have taken up your feedback seriously with the concerned staff.My Front Office Manager will get in touch with you with regards to the reversal details on your credit card.

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous and it is at a fantastic location. However, the staff at the front desk were simply not very friendly (in fact they were marginally cold and curt). I was there with a group of friends and they pointed out the same thing! But for such reception, I would have rated this hotel pretty high. One simply does not expect such poor hospitality at such a respectable hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, March 29, 2013

Namaskar!!

At the outset let me thank you for your feedback wherein you have outlined the dissatisfying experience you had at The Lalit New Delhi during your stay with regards to the Front desk services.

This incident is unfortunate and regrettable and we understand the anguish and dissatisfaction experienced by you. The entire team of The Lalit New Delhi joins me in extending their sincere and profound apologies. I have taken up your feedback seriously with the Front Office manager for immediate corrective action.

Vivek Shukla

Been to The Lalit New Delhi? Share your experiences!