“Exceptional service from concierge (Rahul Satmukhi)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lalit New Delhi

Save Saved
You added The Lalit New Delhi to your Saves list
The Lalit New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barakhamba Avenue | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #54 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
Durban, South Africa
“Exceptional service from concierge (Rahul Satmukhi)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed at Lalit for 4 nights in January 2013, the concierge (Rahul Satmukhi) went out of his way to ensure that we were comfortable and taken care off, he organised our trip to Agraa (Taj mahal) and guided tours in Delhi as well. Overall a wonderful stay made even better by Rahul. The food at the hotel resturants were also excellent. The Lalit is an excellent choice and the service and staff are great, ask for Rahul and he will sort everything out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, February 28, 2013

Namaskar !

Thank you very much for your feedback of your recent stay with us at The LaLiT New Delhi, India.

Your kind words of appreciation about the various hotel services and facilities would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team to even do better and excel in everything they do on a day to day basis to make sure our esteemed guests like yourself are more comfortable and well looked after.

Please write me a mail at vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are visiting New Delhi so that we can really look after you well.

We look forward to your support and patronage to The LaLiT New Delhi and also welcome you back to your home.

1,379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

You feel the title of my review if you are an indian ..... you feel that the staff is just inclined on welcoming and warming the foreign nationals.... They stay was ok...just have a bit of wow factor... over my long stay found the buffet menus repetative and not so appealing.... In your rooms just feel to see a lot alot and yes alot of suris only..... TVs have limited channels. Overall not worth it...

Room Tip: All rooms are same....

Namaskar!!

At the outset let me thank you for your feedback wherein you have outlined the dissatisfying experience you had at The Lalit New Delhi during your stay with regards to the hotel services.

Pease accept our most sincere and profound apologies for the annoying and dissatisfying experience caused to you.

This incident is unfortunate and regrettable and we understand the anguish and dissatisfaction experienced by you. The entire team of The Lalit New Delhi joins me in extending their sincere and profound apologies. I have taken up your feedback seriously with the concerned Head of Departments for immediate corrective action.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance we look forward to working towards regaining your faith and confidence in our brand.

Ely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very professionally run modern hotel. Just what you want for a first visit to India. Nice heated swimming pool. Attentive staff and good choice of meals at breakfast and dinner. Good location for walking to nearby restaurants if you want a change.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel is good, clean and offers comfort for business travelers. Check in usually is swift. Coffee shop is okay .Restaurants can be better. Certainly below the mark. However , I have found service levels getting worse day by day. Rooms stink, basic amenities often not available..needs follow up to the front desk to get things done. Room service certainly needs a re-haul. However the biggest let down is network connectivity. If you are using any of the national network carriers..prepare yourself for poor cell connectivity, drop calls. Is a let down and frustrating for any business travelers. Repeated feedback to hotel management does not seem to improve .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, February 24, 2013

Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

HI, I stayed here for a night 20feb'13

A very Plesant Hotel..With A huge Lobby !!

Very Diffrent From All Hotels

Cos the Owner Mr Lalit Suri Made it his way !!

Which is the USP, And you would feel very comfortable

cos of his personal touch to the hotel with his taste !!

The live Piano and Water fall the lobby is just awesome..

The HOtel Displays A lot of art, Even at the pool level they

have a live gallery , Where purchase is avaliable too !!

Pool Is beautiful..

The tallest Hotel In Delhi - 28 Floor's

I was on floor 24..

The view Was Amazing

Very Friendly Staff, All of them Would Greet you..

The breakfast is Really Good With Great options..I loved the grilled FIsh

We stayed at the Executive club room, Which gave us

access to the Executive lounge too,

Where the cocktails & Snacks Were nice too..

Bed - Very Comfortable,, American Style SOft beds..

I was there with my wife !! she liked it too..

Will be BAck soon..

Room Tip: HI, I stayed here for a night 20feb'13 A very Plesant Hotel..With A huge Lobby !! Ver...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, February 23, 2013

Stamford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here in November... and again this month (February)- both times for business. I hate to say it, but the place is on it's way down. The rooms- at first glance are pretty good. I like the wood flooring... But my first night back here, I had several complaints- most of which went unattended to.

The rooms are very noisy- you can hear everything from the hallway.

The shower head was impossible to move- so when you turned it on, it was at face level- shooting directly out... no way to swivel it or change the level. Best I could do was use it as a hand held- seems petty? Maybe... but after a day trekking around India... all I want to do is come back and take a long relaxing shower... not have a high pressure shower shooting cold and hot water right in my eyes.

The hair dryer is from the '80s... it seems... blows cold air... and not very fast. Oh, also- it wasn't in the room- I had to call TWICE for it... A "luxury" hotel without a hair dryer? Unacceptable.

There was an ironing board- (old, stained, and smelly) but no iron... had to call for that, too.

The Wi-Fi... is quite expensive... and if you need to use it in the business center- to say, print anything- you have to pay for the internet AGAIN- they wont just let you log in using your credentials that you've already paid for....

The staff in the business center don't know how to work their technology... They couldn't turn on the computers.. they couldn't get anything to print... they fumbled around with the printer for ever... a colleague spent over an hour trying to print 3 articles off the web. He was livid... and he missed breakfast over it.

When I called to complain about the issues in my room- the manager didn't even listen to all of the issues- he just said, "we can move you"- at this point it was extremely late... the last thing I wanted to do was pack up all of my things and be moved... I wanted someone to listen to the problems... and then i wanted them to be fixed the next morning when I left for my meetings... and if they COULDNT be fixed.. THEN i wanted to move... Suffice it to say- nothing had changed when I returned... Sigh- I gave up.

The breakfast staff one morning was overly attentive... I coudlnt have a normal conversation with my colleagues without being interrupted to be asked if i wanted coffee or tea. It was literally every 3-4 minutes. At first it was funny... then it was annoying. The SECOND morning was an entirely different story. I sat at an empty table next to my colleagues (after checking with them that no one was seated there...) and then a hostess came up to me and rudely said someone was seated there and i had to move... When my colleagues verified that no one was there again, she stormed off... annnnnd then both of our tables proceeded to get ZERO service for the rest of the time there. I had to walk up to a group of servers and ask them THREE times for coffee....

If I find myself in Delhi again... I will do everything I can to not stay here...

Room Tip: The best rooms.... are in another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, February 22, 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stay at The Lalit, Delhi frequently and after sampling several of the other Business hotels in Delhi I keep coming back. Although there may be other hotels which are fancier in the city the Lalit provides all the amenities required at what is usually a very reasonable price. The staff are great and always look after me. Including getting taxis for me and looking after my luggage. As a woman travelling alone I always feel safe there.

The rooms are spacious and really clean. The best rooms have baths and are a little bigger.
One side is near the train station and can be a little noisy but I don't really notice it.

Foodwise the buffet is really good and both the Chinese and Indian restaurants are very good (if a little pricey). I also find it irritating to have to pay for WiFI but this still seems to be standard across the 4/5* Indian hotels.

It has a nightclub which I have been told is really cool although I have never made it there yet. Unlike other hotels I have stayed at (The Park for example) there is no issue with the noise from this.

Its just a shame that they don't have a points card!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, February 21, 2013

Namaskar !

Request you to provide your contact information in order to send you the details of our Lalit Loyalty program.

Vivek Shukla

Been to The Lalit New Delhi? Share your experiences!