“Ideal location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lalit New Delhi

Save Saved
You added The Lalit New Delhi to your Saves list
The Lalit New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Barakhamba Avenue | Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001, India   |
Ranked #52 of 597 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Ideal location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Given the "safety" situation in India's capital of Delhi, I rather stay at good hotel in the heart of the business district where taxis are easily available. Lalit Hotel fits the bill and compared to other 5-star hotels, this offers value for money and the service within the hotel is great as soon as one enters - no fault at all on that.
One issue I did face during my recent trip was that the hotel does not seem to want to encourage their guests to avail of taxi service - probably in order to encourage their own car rental service. This meant that I had to go out and catch a taxi when required, something that I did not have to do at the Taj or the Oberoi Hotels. Perhaps this policy of the Lalit Hotel should be re-visited.
Otherwise the hotel is impeccable - very comfortable rooms and extremely clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, February 21, 2013

Namaskar !

Thank you very much for your feedback of your recent stay with us at The LaLiT New Delhi, India.

Your kind words of appreciation about the various hotel services and facilities would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team to even do better and excel in everything they do on a day to day basis to make sure our esteemed guests like yourself are more comfortable and well looked after.

We have also noted your feedback with regards to the Taxi service and the same has been shared with the management.

Please write me a mail at vshukla@thelalit.com the next time you are visiting New Delhi so that we can really look after you well.

We look forward to your support and patronage to The LaLiT New Delhi and also welcome you back to your home.

Vivek Shukla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Lalit and had an excellent stay. The rooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable. We had adjoining rooms with our 2 children which was good.
The pool area was lovely and the water very warm!!!
Service throughout was helpful and food excellent in both the main restaurants.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice hotel, clean and nice rooms in the upper bracket. Try to pay for an upgraded room.
Front desk staff could be a little more helpful rather than just passing you off to someone else if you have an enquiry. Al in all a nice stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Namaskar !

We have also noted your feedback with regards to Front Desk services and the same has been taken up with the Front Office Manager for corrective action.Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

North Potomac, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The airport pick-off was very nice and appreciated. Check-in and front desk service for me went smoothly and the room was nice. Enjoyed the set-up in the bathroom. Location was great. However, the hotel didn't really seem 5-star and didn't quite measure up to many of the business-oriented hotels I have stayed at. The food was a little over-priced at dinner and lunch. I liked the breakfast, but the croissants were flat and stale. We went to "high tea" and it was incredibly disappointing -- very little in the way of tea snacks, biscuits, cakes, and sandwiches. The window in my room wouldn't fully close so it kept opening in the wind which got cold and made the loud chaos that is Delhi outside even louder.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, February 17, 2013

Namaskar!!

At the outset let me thank you for your feedback wherein you have outlined the dissatisfying experience you had at The Lalit New Delhi during your stay with regards to the hotel services.

Pease accept our most sincere and profound apologies for the annoying and dissatisfying experience caused to you.I have taken up your feedback seriously with the concerned Head of Departments for immediate corrective action.

Your kind words of appreciation about the Front desk services and facilities would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team to even do better and excel in everything they do on a day to day basis to make sure our esteemed guests like yourself are more comfortable and well looked after.

We remain firmly committed to the ethos and values of hospitality and customer centricity and in accordance we look forward to working towards regaining your faith and confidence in our brand.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've been to the Lalit in previous incarnations and always found it a well situated hotel with good rooms, but an Indian perspective on service that does not always match expectations of frequent travellers. However, the Lalit has been following the general trend of hotels in India: they are getting better and better and the service is also improving.
This stay was excellent as far as the room and general facilities are concerned. The hotel has clearly been upgraded and it is now in my perception able to compete with some of the new 5 star hotels in India, that are new and do not have the burden of a relatively older building and facilities.
Unfortunately the service is not yet completely upgraded. Although I was supposed to be picked up at the airport, there was no driver visible in a long line of other hotel pick-ups. In the following days the hotel apologized several times for this, but did not really offer any compensation. They indicated that it would be OK for me to have a late check-out on the night I had to leave, but charged me for that nonetheless. The problem is that staff will be very obliging in your face, but not fully follow-through or act in another way, by carefully limiting their response to what could be construed as fully responsive, whereas in reality the hotel is only partially responsive.
With these provisions (try to find out what concessions or promises really mean) the Lalit is a great place to stay, especially if you are visiting the city center or are in Delhi for official meetings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Namaskar!!

This incident is unfortunate and regrettable and we understand the anguish and dissatisfaction experienced by you. The entire team of The Lalit New Delhi joins me in extending their sincere and profound apologies. I have taken up your feedback seriously with the concerned Head of Departments for immediate corrective action.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

Thousand Oaks, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The pool is lovely and the breakfast buffet is delicious, but the poor service at this supposedly "luxury" hotel more than offsets any of these amenities. Housekeeping is stingy with both towels and toilet paper and the hotel attempted to charge me for an airport pickup that I didn't request and treated me as though I had done something wrong when it was their error. Efforts to resolve the issue were handled poorly by front desk staff and took forever.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Vivek-Shukla, General Manager at The Lalit New Delhi, responded to this review, February 12, 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

this was our 2nd trip to delhi and wonted a bit of luxury, we arrived and the lobby area is very nice. Checkin was slow and not very friendly they didnt give us any information (like breakfast times,restaurants,etc).

We went upto our room, firstly i was disappointed with a letter left on the table advising the pool was closed for maintenance, which is fine but no body mentioned this not even at reception or emailed in advance as was very much looking forward to this. After a long journey we went straight for bed, the sheets where DIRTY stains all over the bottom sheet, we rang reception for a room change, they advised where full (hotel of this size seemed very quiet to be full) so they sent someone up to change the sheets, the minibar cups for tea where also dirty and the room was generally dusty.

The main positive of the stay was the concierge service they organized our trip to the taj, booked our train tickets and our guide who was waiting at agra for us.

Overall for the price you pay this hotel is not worth it

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Vivek Shukla

Been to The Lalit New Delhi? Share your experiences!