“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Namaskar India

You added Namaskar India to your Saves list
Namaskar India
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   8A/99,W.E.A, Karol Bagh | New Delhi, New Delhi 110005, India (Biden Pura)   |
Ranked #38 of 592 Specialty Lodging in New Delhi
Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed there two nights . Everything was perfect. The room was beautiful and clean and the caretaker/manager was extremely friendly and made me feel home away from home. I can highly recommend this place and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a very basic, no frills hotel at a good price and location, with outstanding guidance for tours. I booked this hotel and got what I expected, hot water (once you turn on a switch) clean sheets, no TV or internet unless you pay extra. However, internet is available a few feet away in an internet cafe for 20 rupees (about $0.40 cents) for 30 minutes. The location is excellent as it is on the street of a big bazaar and also three blocks from the railway station. I booked a 6 day tour which included a driver, car, gas and tolls for about $280. This tour can go for hundreds more. There are two managers, the morning one is friendly and helpful, the afternoon is a bit grumpy. All and all I would stay here again for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors cost more and you have to deal with the stairs as there are no elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

When i reached the hotel, they given the room which was looking like that the room was not yet checked out. very horrible one. service also very poor. i think the service manager is lazy. No bucket. no mug no intercom @ ground floor. So my dear frnds if da service is ur priority dont choose it. but the location is good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

arun1900, Owner at Namaskar India, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your encouraging comments .

I have taken careful note of your comment regarding the room service and the inconvenience you had to face. I deeply regret the inconvenience and apologize. I have looked into the matter personally. I sincerely hope you will not let this isolated incident mar your opinion of our hotel and give us another chance to serve you.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel
ARUN GANHOTRA
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We paid 1200 rupees which I believe is a fair deal in Delhi so I'm not going to complain too much. The room was reasonable, if a bit dark, with comfortable beds and cable TV. For the negatives, the receptionist tried to charge me 10% tax even though my Asiarooms booking clearly stated tax included in the rate. Probably a genuine mistake due to incompetence rather than an attempt to scam me as he had obvious trouble reading and understanding the booking form. The other negative for me was the bathroom which need a good scrub with some disinfectant and bleach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I personally know Arun who is handling this property. You can always rely on a great service and confort. They are really helpful people, the prices are good, so it will be a good experience! It is a new property in town from where you can enjoy the soulful New Delhi with all its diversity!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ranchi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed at this lodge during Delhi Winter, In spite of very cold weather, hotel staff welcome us very warmly, they were on their toes for every request and made our stay very comfortable & pleasent.

Food and room service was very good.

True value for money.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed in another hostel the first 2 nights, I was recommended this quaint-looking hostel by the travel and information centre in New Delhi. I had complained about the appalling conditions at the hostel I was staying in.

To my surprise, this hostel belonged to the same owner, but what a contrast! The reception staff was pleasant and courteous and one of them offered the traditional tea 'chai' before I was shown to my spacious room. Silver-gilded furnishings greeted me when I entered the room. From the bed to the wall-mounted mirror, the coffee table to the console, this was so different from the previous room I stayed in. Perhaps the owner should apply the same decor to the other hostel. The bathroom could be better maintained though, but I decided to look pass it. Obviously, I cannot compare it to a luxury property, but no matter. I definitely felt much better staying here for the night before departing to Agra. Wireless internet access is available too, so be sure you ask for the password and username. One thing I must mention is that it is quiet as it faces a side alley, not the main road. So, if it is peace and quiet you are looking for away from the honking of vehicles, Namaskar India is a peaceful respite.

Ironically, I had actually booked this hostel before changing to the first one as it took awhile for the comfirmation of my booking to come through. So there you have it, in the end; it worked out well!

• Stayed December 2012
arun1900, Owner at Namaskar India, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement for our team.

I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At The Namaskar India New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Warm regards,
Arun Ganhotra

Been to Namaskar India? Share your experiences!