“Immaculately modern, quaint, and clean rooms in a chill neighborhood of Delhi with great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast

You added The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast
7a/2 Channa Market W.E.A Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #18 of 592 Specialty Lodging in New Delhi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

This was one of the few hotels where I felt like the "professional" photos actually did the rooms justice. Our room (will upload photos later) looked just like it did on this site and was the cleanest out of 7 hotels i stayed at this trio in Delhi/Rajastha (and most of them were pretty nice). I would say this is a really good place to kind of get away from the hustle and bustle for a few days if you've been staying in a busy area like Pahar Ganj. It's in an actual neighborhood and you see probably 1/10 the amount of tourists. The area is really chill, kind of quite (for India) so it's been nice to relax for few days. For about $32 a night, I thought this was a good deal.

PROS:
- really really clean room
- cleanest bathroom I've seen so far, immaculate
- good Wifi connection in room (which I found was rare in most hotels)
- modern IKEA furniture
- good selection of English TV channels
- very good natural light, with big window where you can open the blinds cuz you're on the second floor
- close to the Karol Bagh metro station
- service and staff was very good and responsive. We plugged the bathroom drain on accident and flooded the entire room with water, but instead fo getting mad at us or scamming us in some way, the owner came in, apologized, and offered for us to move into the room next door. In general he seemed to really care about good service and did things like send a guy to retrieve us when we got lost in the alleyways and showed us a restaurant with the exact western food items we were craving.

CONS:
- the bathroom is really clean (completely made of white marble with the most modern sink, toilet, and shower head) but I had a tough time taking a hot shower. Granted, take this with a grain of salt because they DID have a pretty modern looking water heater in the bathroom and it WAS hot for a few minutes, but then kind of just crapped out. If you don't mind lukewarm to cold showers, then you really have no reason NOT to stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
HHS H, Guest Relations Manager at The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
We are looking into the water heater problem of your room and assure all . it will be fix same day. Thanks for appreciating our BnB and bringing this problem to our notice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed here for one night, my first in India. I had an airport pick up quite late at night which was helpful but the driver was accompanied by a young man who said he worked for the B&B. He said he would take me to a travel agency the next day. I was very tired and said I would talk to him the next day but he was quite pushy. The next morning two young men aggressively tried to get me to go to their travel agency; they tried a range of tatics and resorted to saying it was dangerous for me to go out by myself, that I didn't know what I was doing and that Clear Trip tickets were not worth anything. I didn't go with them but it was a very unpleasant experience, I saw them try it with another couple of travellers the same morning but I didn't see them when I checked out.

The room itself was clean, with hot water and a good size. The breakfast was also good.

I think the links to the travel agency are really giving this hotel a bad reputation and I think the ownership of the hotel must know about it as the young man involved came to airport pickup. From the reviews I have a feeling they target women but this is not substantiated.

I would not recommend this for women travelling alone or in pairs, they are intimidating.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Frisco, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Arrive late in Delhi, taxi driver took some time to find this place; he called the reception but was told by receptionist that receptionist could not help with directions as he was new in Delhi himself. Taxi driver finally found this place and asked us why we would come to such a dump! Admittedly, the entrance location is not very appealing (entrance is off a small gully, off a dirty road). After climbing 1 floor of stairs, and checking out the rooms, we decided to go for it as the rooms were nice and clean. Also surprisingly quiet. Price was $24 (booked thru Agoda as I could not find their direct contact info anywhere). Reception called the owner who apologized profusely for not providing me a room with a window; saying he would fix it the next day. They have 4-5 rooms on the (only) 1st floor, and a small reception area (where you also have the breakfast ordered from a restaurant). One of the room does not have a window and we stayed in this for both nights as it was also the most quiet room:). The rooms are very clean, with TV, AC etc. The bathroom was also very clean. Service was excellent with the staff always ready to oblige at any hour of the day or night. Good restaurants, STD calling, and shopping conveniently close by (Karol Bagh markets). So long as you don't expect anything but a clean room, you should be fine here. I also asked about what I thought was the "free" airport transfer, but was told it was not complementary, and a taxi was arranged; after I bargained them down to Rs400. (at 5AM). TV was functional, but I could not connect to their Internet; did not try to get them to fix it after I failed as we did not have time.

Room Tip: Windowless room may not appeal, but we stayed there, as we felt it would be a little quieter; noisy...
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I would have given a very good review for this budget hotel if it weren't for their train ticket scam. So first the good, then the bad:

1. Room: Our room was clean and quite spacious, and the shower worked well. For just over Rs. 2000 a night, this was a great deal in Delhi. The Indian breakfast was hot and delicious. Location was just steps away from the Karol Bagh market and the metro, yet it wasn't very noisy (by Delhi standards).

2. Airport pickup: my emails for the pickup were promptly replied and the pickup went well. However, I assumed the pickup was free since my room was called "deluxe airport pickup room". We were charged Rs. 450. This is actually a very fair price compared to taking a cab, but the room name was misleading and this cost was never mentioned anywhere in their emails. We can live with this though.

3. The SCAM: the morning after we arrived, a young man working at hotel told us we must check our train tickets, since the web site we bought them from (Cleartrip) has been having errors. This was all done in front of the hotel owner, who said nothing. The young man took us to a "travel agency", where the agent phoned "Indian Railways" and then told us our tickets are not valid. The agent then tried to sell us a costly car trip. This didn't feel right so we turned them down. Later we saw that they also tried this with other foreign tourists who stayed there. The owner must be well aware of it.

Bottom line is: this isn't a smart way of doing business. Good budget hotels in Delhi are not easy to find, so the hotel would do much better to gather good reviews with the nice rooms they already have, rather than turning people off with obvious scams. We felt uncomfortable afterwards and cancelled our later bookings with them. What a pity since the rooms and most of the staff were nice.

If you are on a budget, this place is still an excellent deal. Just avoid the scams.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
HHS H, Owner at The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thanks for your review and i am glad that you appreciate our small BnB . I have seen your reservation , you had booked Deluxe Room and asked for the airport pick up . Please check our micro site at agoda website , when you click information it will show the airport pick up charges. We are providing airport pick up for a little cost of Rps 450 to avoid scams at Delhi International airport , where tourists arrive and taken to wrong hotels where these taxi driver get fat commissions.

I am very sorry to learn that some tout took you to a travel agency who tried to scam you for your clear trip tickets, but i had no knowledge of it. It's really sad because of this scam you had cancelled your bookings with us.This is the first case happen with our Guest, and thanks for posting it here , i am very serious about it now i will be extra careful and will guide about these scams to all other incoming Guests.
Pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed here for 6 days. The stay began on sour note as the reception gave us a standard room and insisted that all the rooms were occupied. They also told us that the standard room was the deluxe room. When we refused to check in and insisted on seeing other rooms and informed them that we had paid for a deluxe room. we were taken to other hotels which had tie ups with this hotel. When we did not like any room they showed, we were taken to the manager who sits in an office about 500 meters away. We spoke to the manager and convinced him that we would stay only in a deluxe room we had paid for. Finally, we managed to get the room we wanted and came back to register. Our stay was very good. All the facilities like TV, wifi worked well till the second last day. Somehow, both the TV and the wifi had poor connectivity on the last day. The breakfast has 3 options so if you are staying for 6 days, it tends to become monotonous. The service is very good. All our requests were handled promptly. They also go out of their way as one day when we were going to Agra, they got our breakfast ready by 7.15 am. The hotel does not mention it but the airport pick up is not included in the cost but has to be paid separately. The deluxe room does not have a refrigerator or a bath tub as mentioned on their website.

Room Tip: Avoid the room no.1 as the calls to reception can be clearly heard in the room. If no one picks up t...
Ochhra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I have to say that I have found a wonderful place to stay in Delhi. It is peaceful, clean, friendly and very comfortable. The only thing missing in my room was natural daylight, otherwise it would get 5 stars. Some of the rooms do have windows so if, like me, you like natural light, ask for a room with a window.

However, that aside I would highly recommend you stay here with hot or cold water, breakfast in the morning, TV should you wish and helpful advice from all the staff.

If I make it back to Delhi I know where I'll stay!

Room Tip: Get one with a window!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights. Was the cleanest placed we stayed at while in Delhi. TV had great channels. Great bed with clean sheets . Breakfast was good. Staff very helpful. Great location. Lots of cheap shopping. Good Spice shop and Indian Sweet shops were close by!

• Stayed January 2012

Been to The Hospitality Home Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!