“Worst ever...” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #525 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Delhi
“Worst ever...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Not at all properly maintained ,shabby dirty small rooms , overflowing bathrooms makes everything a mess.Food is terrible seems to be outsourced from outside even tea is the worst that i have tasted in my lifetime.Exhaust in the washroom blows air into the washroom instead of sucking air out of it, For the food we ordered staff asked for money immediately instead at the time of checkout.We were asked to checkout half n hour before because they have a bulk booking .
Worst experience of all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I checked in 3 of us in a supposed to be triple occupancy room. Rest of us have to look for a new hotel. The room provided was shabby. The walls of the room were rotten (appeared to be water damage) and the walls were smelling because of that, lifts weren't working, there were only two single beds in the room - on my query from the reception about triple occupancy - we were advised that they put the third bed only on request and in the night (and yes it was past 9pm already), air conditioning wouldn't want to get below 26 and to add in to everything the bathroom started flooding. We had such an awful experience that we checked later that night and moved to a different hotel.

We had two rooms booked for three nights - on requesting refund for the remaining days we were told that there will be no refund.

I would strongly advised staying against in this hotel/motel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed one night here on a business trip i took 20 mins to find a reasonable room. After checking 3 of them (each of which had problems with lime scaled shower, exposed nails or dirty sheets) i decided to take the "best room" according to reception.

The sheets once i had pulled back the cover in this room had dirt marks on them, the towels looked like they had been washed in dirty dish water and the shower head was still problematic. The worst thing out of it was i found that the room came with complementary pets as i had a family of mice living in the room with me that kept me up for half the night.

The fridge wasn't stocked, but the room was generally clean and tea and coffee making facilities provided. They have spent alot on this hotel, its just a shame that they have not kept up with the maintenance, there are holes in the floor, damage that hasn't been repaired etc.

Would not recommend staying here if i had the choice there are better options for the money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nicely located near the metro station, the hotel has beautiful rooms, extremely nice staff and excellent food.
Our room was serviced twice a day. The persons who work there are very friendly and helpful.
I would suggest free 24 hours internet wifi service. It could be inconvenient go to he lobby everytime you need to connect to the internet or, even worse, lose you work because the time has expired.
Overall, it was a great stay at the liv inn patel nagar Hotel.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

HAd been to Delhi for the 3rd time. Previously the rooms were all booked previously but this time i forgot. I got the number of Liv Inn from somewhere and asked for room. They have two Properties, one at Naraina and other at West Patel Nagar, near Shadipur Metro. I reached at their Naraina Property but dissapointed on learning that all rooms are full for wedding season. But to my utter delight the manager of the Hotel assured me for a stay and took me on his vehicle to the west patel nagar property. I was given a very cosy room. My stay was very comfortable. Rooms were very clean. Food was also good. Due to its location so near to Metro station, i could plan my travel in city very efficiently. Just get out from hotel in the evening and you will find a plethora of food joints. That was the best part. In all a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Asl for the road side facing rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This small boutique hotel is one of two hotels with the same name.... I can't judge for the other, so I'll specify that I stayed at the West Patel Nagar, New Delhi one. All in all its a value hotel, tho they tried to market it as a "3-Star, Standard Hotel" it felt more like a 1 star, Economy hotel. I travel a lot for work, and the most I'd give this hotel is below average. The air conditioning unit was LOUD not to mention DIRTY. Don't Check under the bed its a mess that hasn't been cleaned for ages (I mistakenly kicked my shoe in there so had to look). The bathroom has leaks which made the floor have a permanent puddle. All in all the place is worn down (lack of quality maintenance)...... maybe it was nice 3 or 4 years ago.
Hot water is on request only, I assume since Delhi is next to a dessert and gas/water is not too abundant so this didn't influence me on my rating...
Staff is OK for this category and somewhat helpful, but they can get a bit beggy on the tip side (I still question my policy of tipping before hand). And they don't pay too much attention to detail, for example 4 bottles of moisturizer and no shampoo...... what was that about? good think i brought my own...
The first day im not sure if they changed the sheets, there was a dingy smell on it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Liv Inn West Patel Nagar? Share your experiences!