“Amazing buffet breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brown Bread Bakery New Delhi

Brown Bread Bakery New Delhi
5084-A, Ground Floor, Ajay Guest House Main Bazaar | Paharganj, Near Khanna Cinema, New Delhi 110055, India (Pahar Ganj)
Website
Description: Restaurant 24h open with German Bakery and Cheese Shop
Paris, France
“Amazing buffet breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I indulged with the buffet breakfast on my birthday.
And I didn't regret it : cheese, 3 kind of bread (incuding one of the most amazing brown bread I had in Asia), 6 kind of cereals, curd, milk, jam, peanut butter, chocolate brownie, fruits, cottage chesse vegetables salad,delicious hummous, omelettes, etc, etc.
I eat for one hour delicious and fresh sweet and savoury food and couldn't eat for the rest of the day after that. All for only 300 roupies. THE tastier bargain in New Delhi

Visited June 2013

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Bread & Bakes with a difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

BBB located within Ajay Guest house @ Paharganj is a place well known for its German bakes & breakfast buffet which has different kinds of breads and also for its healthy organic foods. The bread and the cheese were really awesome. I had never felt bread could be so tasty. Recommended for health food lovers. It also has a branch in Varanasi

Visited May 2013
Anuradhapura
“Real bread and real cheese!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Maybe there are a lot of places to get real bread and real cheese in Delhi nowadays, but I don't know where they are, and this one is near my hotel in Pahar Ganj.

The breakfast buffet looks so enticing, with real bread of various types, real cheese of various types, yoghurt, fruit salad, and several other things like a nice hummus etc. I'd love to eat it for dinner, but it closes at noon. As somebody pointed out the food sits out so it's probably best early -- I saw it at 8 am and it was gorgeous.

To the person who prefers Wengers in CP, I say go there. Wenger's bread is all white flour even if coloured differently. I don't find it much different from any generic tasteless fluffy white bread but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Brown Bread Bakery is different: the bread is the real thing, a bit heavier, some is sour, some has crunchy seeds.

I got bread and cheese to take to a friend for a gift. I also came in the evening and had an ordered meal, which was nothing special but okay, typical tourist food. Wifi and an unhurried atmosphere are good. The service is a little crummy but normal for Delhi.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milan, Italy
“GREAT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This restaurant is really different from all the others i've tried in pahar ganji. The food is very good and the atmosphere is relaxed. The bread is simply DELICIOUS!!! Try the honey fermented bread, is special. And the buffet breakfast is a great alternative to all the others i've tried...there is cheese and the yogurt is like cream. Go for it!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food is okay, but staff is unfriendly and untrained. Pastries were old and dry.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This is my first bad, well, semi-bad, review. I'll start by saying that I had a delicious egg sandwich during my first visit and our server was an older friendly gentleman. I then continued to go to the Brown Bread Bakery quite a few more times this week because it's right next door, and each time I went, it grew into a subsequently worse experience. Every visit since my first, I was served by a younger, very somber man, who looked upset every time I asked for something. I won't go into all the detailed visits, but for example, today I went and tried to order a cafe mocha - they have an espresso machine, and they have milk. I watched as they poured a cup of regular coffee and then added a squirt of chocolate sauce and served it to me. I would be fine with this, aside from the fact that their mocha is double the price of a latte, and triple that of a regular coffee. I then politely asked them to either bring me a hot chocolate with espresso inside, or a latte with chocolate inside. The staff was unfriendly in attempting to make what I asked, and argued that I was served the correct drink. I told them that, aside from the literal definition of a cafe mocha, it didn't make sense for a squirt of chocolate to be such an extra cost, seeing that for the same price I could order a cup of regular coffee AND a chocolate croissant. They brought the coffee back into the kitchen and waited a few minutes then served me the same cup, without change. I didn't bother arguing. The pastries were hit and miss as well - I've eaten probably 7 or 8. None were terrible, but most were stale except for the apple strudel, which was pretty tasty.

• Visited May 2013