“More than just a cooking class” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jyoti Agarwal - the culinary wiz behind Gourmet Desire, for the last few years, has held exclusive cooking classes in Delhi along with other food and cultural experiences for people visiting Delhi from around the globe. GD offers unique and curated homely experiences which make memories for life. We understand that 'time is money' and no one has leisure hours to spend in the kitchen therefore the idea is to make a delicious wholesome authentic Indian meal in a jiffy. Visit our website today to view our popular itineraries which can also be customized to suit individual requirements. So come sample the sights, sounds and aromas of Delhi with us!
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“More than just a cooking class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Three of us had a wonderful afternoon with Jyoti, in her home. Not only did we learn a lot about Indian "at home" cooking, but we also learned about life for the average middle-class Indian. Jyoti gave us recipes that are both easy and delicious - definitely ones to repeat in Canada. We shared stories about our lives and felt like long-time friends by the time we left. Our afternoon also included the Market Spice tour - which was much more than just spices. We wandered Jyoti's neighborhood and saw the areas where local people do all their shopping. It was a lovely change from all the tourist attractions. If you want a hands on course this is not for you, however, if you want to learn/make some delicious & simple Indian meals, enjoy stimulating conversation and just have fun then this is definitely for you.

Visited January 2013

Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
“Amazing food and great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had an amazing time learning with jyoti!!! she is so much fun and cannot tell you enough about food but also the rest of India. She does the course in her home so it is a great chance to see how her and her family live. The course is not very hands on a lot of the ingredients is per chopped etc and she has helpers that bring stuff to the boil, but this means you can cook multiple meals and taste many different flavours. The food will be pretty easy to replicate back home and comes with print out recipe. Best thing we did in Delhi!

Visited December 2012
San Diego, California
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Jyoti was amazing. She is well knowledgeable and really friendly. My wife and I took a class with her in March 2011. She taught us so many useful tricks that you do not get in a classroom. It was wonderful spending the afternoon really learning more about Indian cuisine from her perspective. She also took us to buy some spices which we would have had trouble with on our own. We wholeheartedly recommend Gourmet Desire for anyone interested in not only a culinary experience but also a cultural one as well all in an intimate setting. Thank you for the memorable time Jyoti.

Visited November 2011
London, United Kingdom
“A real highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I booked this class with my daughter who is a qualified cook, but who had never tried cooking in the Indian style. It was a revelation to learn about the storage and use of whole and ground spices, how to make a relish, the local flat bread and several vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. The treat of it all is Jyoti herself. Her enthusiasm and charm are quite captivating. She will welcome you into her home and after a morning of cooking and eating, take you to the local spice bazaar where there is everything for sale - including the legendary street food. We were too full after lunch to eat any of it, but it did look good. You will not regret a visit to Jyoti's home. I recommend it, highly.

Visited October 2012
Richland, Washington, USA
8 attraction reviews
“Thorough and very interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had a great time learning from Jyoti. No regrets. The only thing I would let people know is that the course that I took was not hands-on. That doesn't change my mind about doing it; I just think that is good to know going in. The other two people in the class were also surprised that we didn't do any chopping, mixing or cooking.

The menu was great and she was gracious in welcoming us in her home. Jyoti was well prepared and answered all questions -- even those not related to cooking! Going to her spice market and then to try street food was a nice finish to the day. I truly enjoyed it! Jyoti is very good at what she does. I'm really looking forward to trying out my new recipes on my friends and family. Thank you for a wonderful experience in India!

Visited September 2012