“Excellent Ambience , Food & People” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WelcomHotel Dwarka, New Delhi

Save Saved
You added WelcomHotel Dwarka, New Delhi to your Saves list
WelcomHotel Dwarka, New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot No. 3 Sector 10, New Delhi 110075, India (Formerly The Emporio Hotel)   |
Ranked #31 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
New Delhi, India
“Excellent Ambience , Food & People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The recent Acquisition of this property by ITC has left its mark straight way . Being a traveloholic and a hardcore foodie , I really found this place scoring top of the charts from the outset. Food is awesome ( i took my wife for a Karwa chauth dinner on 22/10/2013) , the ambiance is magical and above all the warmth of the staff is much much more heart felt then the last time visit during the Labua ownership . Specially mentioning Minakshi ( the guest relation Officer) for her genuine warmth and care to the details and the entire staff of Pavilion 75 for their prompt response , care and taste of the food. Really hope this team stays and no change in ownership anymore. Best Wishes..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GM_WelcomHotelDwarka, General Manager at WelcomHotel Dwarka, New Delhi, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor, We are delighted to note that you enjoyed the dining at Pavilion 75 and appreciated the Food and hospitality displayed by our associates.

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel is part of the ITC family and is located in a quiet South west Suburb of Delhi. the key element of any Hotel is its staff and this Hotel has great set of people right from the time you give your car to the valet till the time you check into your room.

The food is hallmark of ITC and this hotel boasts of restaurants like Kebabs and Kurries, the chinese and the best part is they have restarted the evergreen ghungroo (disco).

in case you chose to stay in the room, the chef can do home preparation and you never feel homesick

Vikram Chopra in the front office, Parmendra, Aqueel in the coffe shop and all the staff without exception make your stay so special

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
'Greetings from 'WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Thanks for your valueable feedback in Trip Advisor, We are delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is comments such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

I shall be delighted to share your positive and motivating reviews with Vikram Chopra, Parmendra and Aqueel.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The design cues from the lobby to the restaurants define a empirical take on elegance. It is high style everywhere you look.. without airs. I was taken up to a contemporary suite on the fifth floor on walking up to the registration counter and it was a pleasant surprise to see a huge bedroom and living room space with a spacious closet and the most luxurious sofa one can sink into accompanied by a chairs-and-table set ideal for morning tea or blogging on the laptop.. and an colossal bathroom (which is a true luxury). Room Service was quick and my order of Pavilion Fried Fish hit the spot. The rest of the stay-cation was spent chilling by the poolside with a book and jug of lime juice as I waited for friends to arrive for cocktails and dinner at the specialty Indian restaurant followed by the re-opening bash of the 90s hottest club Ghungroo!

Room Tip: take a pool-facing room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from 'WelcomHotel Dwarka'

We thank you for the most generous feedback of the services of our hotel. We are glad we could meet your expectations and our accommodation, amenities and quality of service made your stay memorable.

Your patronage is precious to us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back .

Regards

Pune, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent Service and a great team. We are part of a foreign delegation of 63 delegates - the service provided was excellent even for check in for so many delegates - just too quick- Special mention for Neha Koul who handled the front office that day - not once did dhe loose her cool - with so many guests asking her so many questions - just great place to stay - the food was too good.

Mr. Vikram Chopra and Ms. Meenakashi Dhar supported us and just were great... only I would say that please experience to understand how great this team has been managing .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GM_WelcomHotelDwarka, General Manager at WelcomHotel Dwarka, New Delhi, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Greeting from 'WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Thank you for sharing the positive experience of 'WelcomHotel Dwarka' on Tripadvisor

We are delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. Your appreciation has been conveyed to my team and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging them.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and I would like to take this opportunity to Thank you for choosing 'WelcomHotel Dwaraka.

With Best Regards

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Excellent team and great service. Some people to look for in the Hotel for their "out of the ordinary" quality of hospitality are Vikram Chopra at the Front office. Chef Atul at the Coffee Shop and Manish and Manjeet at the Coffee Shop as well.

Room Tip: Stay at an Executive Club Room. They are spacious, on a higher floor and quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from 'WelcomHotel Dwarka'

I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for choosing to stay at WelcomHotel Dwarka

I am taking the liberty to share your comments with our associates Vikarm, Chef Atul, Manish and Manjeet which is a great source of motivation for them.
We look forward to your continued support and welcoming you back to 'WelcomHotel Dwarka' in the near future

Chennai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was booked at this hotel as I had to meet a client who is located nearby. It turned out to be a disaster. The check in process was just ok. I did not know where the check in desk is situated and found it in one corner. The place was not well lit. The room was in the 7th floor and I could find out that this is not a new property but I guess ITC has bought it and made modifications. The modifications were clearly visible with patches and joints on my way. The AC thermostat was not working in the room and it was freezing cold. One by one, people started coming to see if this was repaired and my job for the next three hours was to keep opening the door. The Engineer finally gave a solution. "put it off and you can put it on when the room becomes hot". I had to manage with this that night.

I came to the restaurant for dinner only to be told that the buffet spread was for a group. I went back to the room and ordered some rotis and sabjis (I am a vegetarian). The sabjis were smelling non-veg and I called the room service and shouted at them. The server told me that he cannot do anything as the food was prepared by the Chef and he is just a server. He also wanted me to write my comments on a piece of paper so that he could give the same to the management. I asked him to just leave the place. One by one people started coming to my room for apologies. I felt sick and asked them to just leave the place. The night was very cold with flat pillows and it was a very disturbed sleep....

I thought the breakfast will be good but once again a big disappointment. Imagine a 5-star property that does not have a strawberry/mixed fruit jam for the bread. When asked, they said it is not available and gave me the orange jelly. One bearer came with a strawberry yoghurt and told me that I can have strawberry yoghurt instead. I felt crazy and started feeling that something is wrong with me only. I just wanted to leave the place and was thankful that I had to spend just one day only. The quality of idlis/corn flakes etc was below par.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GM_WelcomHotelDwarka, General Manager at WelcomHotel Dwarka, New Delhi, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
At the outset, I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for choosing to stay at 'WelcomHotel Dwarka'.

I have taken cognizance of your feedback regarding the series of unfortunate incidence that you experienced during your stay and without offering any excuse I sincerely apologize for the dissonance faced. Please be assured that necessary corrective action has been initiated in order to enhance our services.

We value your patronage and sincerely hope that you will treat this as a one off incident and provide us with another opportunity to restore your confidence in 'WelcomHotel Dwarka'.

Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I am a local resident. I have been to the hotel twice in the last month for dinner. The first time I went for the buffet dinner. The ambience was good and the food nice.
The second time I went to K&K. I did not like the restaurant.It is dark and dungeon -like. Waiters have to hold torches to enable you to read the menu.Half the fun of going out to eat is to see and be seen. This element is completely missing because it is too dark to see. The mutton dishes were not upto the famous Bukhara standard. The shahi tukra and dal bukhara were excellent.The service was good- the waiters even helped me in moving around. Without this there were likely to be accidents and falls because it was so dark.
A.K. Srivastava

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
'Greetings from WelcomHotel Dwarka'

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor, We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your dining experience at K&K and appreciated the Food and hospitality displayed by our associates.
We value your comments and we will also look into the Lux Level of K&K. We thank you once again and do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Sanjay Sharma

Been to WelcomHotel Dwarka, New Delhi? Share your experiences!