“Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel

Save Saved
You added Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel to your Saves list
Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Level 5, Terminal 3 | Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi 110 037, India   |
Ranked #141 of 597 Hotels in New Delhi
Portland
“Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

It was a great location, with good service and made it so much easier to get from Chandigarh to Delhi to catch a 3am flight. Very helpful staff, rooms were clean and comfortable. Felt safe not having to get a hotel outside the airport and get a taxi at midnight. Landed on a domestic flight on terminal 3, hotel is on terminal 3 and International flight also on the same terminal! Very convenient indeed!
Just one suggestion- please get better towels! Towels were not very appealing. Price on high side too.
Overall very convenient.

• Stayed July 2014
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to serve you at our hotel.

We are happy to learn from your review that you had a comfortable stay and liked the setting of
our hotel. The team is glad that the accommodation and location of our hotel were at par with
your expectations. Thank you for highlighting the fact that our guests can conveniently switch from domestic to international flights and vice versa during their stay with us. Your suggestion related to pricing is welcome and we would like to add here that our pricing policy is in accordance to the prevailing industry standards.

We hope to welcome you soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Note that if you book through Booking.com a 17.4%tax is added to the price you see. The room is spacious and lovely, but some damp around the bathroom wall, and if you move the furniture away from the walls (which I did to stand on a table as the a/c wasn't working well and I wanted to check the vent), I saw a lot of dust – clearly not on the cleaning roster! If I do this journey again, and get stuck here for another 14 hours, I would do this again. It is great to have a wash and a nap between flights. However the staff don't seem very interested - I guess because everyone is passing through there is no point making an effort?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments with us.

We are happy that you could freshen up at our hotel during your transit at the Delhi Airport and were impressed by accommodation. We have gone through the review and are quite concerned about the deficiencies experienced. We will be sharing the feedback with the entire team which will prevent such instances in the future.

It is inspiring to know that you would choose to stay with us in the future as well.We would love to keep you updated with our social media calendar on Facebook.

Sidney, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here on my way home with a 12 hour layover. The staff were great (particularly in the morning when I found out my flight was postponed by 5 hours), room exactly what was needed and spa services a wonderful distraction.Make sure you ask for someone to meet you ...hard to find otherwise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014

Greetings of the day!

Located within the T3 International Airport, our hotel is sought after by transit travelers and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the amenities and impeccable services of our hotel. It is a delight to note that all our services were at par with your expectations and that you had a great stay.

We thank you for your custom and look forward to your continued patronage.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were booked in this hotel (International side) which is located inside the terminal of Delhi Airport. We were transitting from Paris to Paro, Bhutan and our goal was to avoid going through immigration and customs at Delhi airport.

The hotel was very helpful at first because they obtained the boarding passes for us for our Druk Air flight to Bhutan by sending them all the info beforehand by email. Our luggage was not checked all the way through but the hotel staff was supposed to help us with this still avoiding going through immigration and customs.

Unfortunately, we had Indian visas in our passports and this changed our plans quite a bit. As long as you have an Indian visa, they will not let you sleep in the International side of the hotel and have you go through immigration and customs no matter what. This meant one hour lost in formalities, which we could have used sleeping since we had a short stopover.

We had this visa for the second part of our trip and they should seriously rethink this rule which defeats the purpose of this hotel.

Furthermore, since we could not sleep in the international side of the hotel, we had to sleep in the domestic side which was almost full...

The security screenings to get into the hotel are pretty cumbersome as well.

Now, to get to the hotel itself, the rooms are pretty modern and well-equipped. You should know however that depending on where your room is located, you may hear some announcements from the terminal.

The staff was pretty helpful. We did not try their breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for your valuable patronage and sharing your feedback with us.

Located within the T3 International Airport, our hotel is sought after by transit travelers and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. We regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. The security check and the immigration’s regulation are as per the Indian government rule which are beyond hotel’s jurisdictions .We thank you for your co-operation. Having said that, we have noted your concern and will leave no stone unturned to make sure that your next stopover with us is bereft of any such hassles.

Thank you for your custom; we await your next visit soon.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stayed here several times now and have found it to be a very convenient option when connected through Delhi. The hotel is located inside the airport and is a much safer, convenient option then trying to stay at a local airport hotel. I have done the local airport hotel and will never do that again. It takes about 45 minutes from landing to hotel checkin when you count the time to clear customs, clear the inter airport transfer from international to departures and to check into the airport hotel. The hotel is a bit spartan, but then you are only staying here to get a morning connection. The breakfast was really nothing to write home about and the last time i was there the printer did not work in the breakfast area so i was not able to pre-print my boarding pass. All that said, i was not staying here for a luxury stay, it was pure convenience to make a morning flight and avoid the huge headache of leaving the airport to a hotel and returning in the morning. I will stay here ever single time that i am transiting throughout delhi.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for your repeated patronage and taking time out to review our hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Located within the T3 International Airport, our hotel is sought after by transit travelers and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. We strive to serve our guests with utmost flair and it makes us happy that you found our hotel safe and reliable. We have noted your feedback about the printer and ensure you that your next visits will be bereft of any such hassles.

Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Since I had read the comments, before i decided to book, I was a it scared what to expect there.
However, I am happy I had done the booking and had rest.
The New Delhi airport is very hard to orientate at, so going out of the plane and finding someone to wait to show you the way through all the 10 000 security checks one has to do.
My room was quiet, the size was reasonable for an airport hotel, and the amenities were very good.
I was very happy that I could have a tea in the room.
Be prepared to wait on many queues, even in front of the hotel of a baggage check and then at the reception desk takes also a while.
Internet access depends on your room rate, so ask before hand.

Room Tip: just ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for your patronage and taking time out to review our hotel. It was a pleasure to be your host.

Located within the T3 International Airport, our hotel is sought after by transit travelers and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your short stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our amenities and services and your stay with us was comfortable. Many thanks once again for your patronage and we look forward to your next visit.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed here for a few hours while waiting for a flight out from Delhi airport. I found the pricing for the short stay quite reasonable compared to similar hotels around the world.
I entered the hotel from the terminal - before I had gone through check in (as the check in was not open yet). I believe there is also an entrance from the transit lounge, as well as from the transit, pre-check in terminal (when you arrive too early even to be allowed in the proper terminal)

The room was quite modern in design. Its was big enough, clean and with blackout curtains. It was also quiet. I went off to sleep quite quickly - which is the most important thing if you only have a few hours to stay. Room had tea and coffee making facilities and also had shower gel etc. It did not have a toothbrush or toothpaste - at least not in my room, which I found strange as I imagine that most people have either checked in their luggage and therefore had no access to their washbags or were not carrying that in their hand luggage. I was happy to see that they had a proper hair dryer so you can shower and get yourself ready for your flight without fear of having to walk around the terminal with wet hair. The air conditioning in the room was also quiet and easy to use. It was quite easy for me to get a cool enough temperature to have a reasonable sleep

There is a spa at the hotel and I understand there is also a dining/breakfast facilities for those staying longer.

One thing that you need to know is that the hotel is airside. This means if you are arriving pre-check in and have your to- be- checked in luggage with you that it needs to go through a quick security check before entering into the hotel. This will be an issue if there are certain items in your bags such as scissors which would be okay for check in luggage but would not be acceptable in hand luggage as those items can not be brought into the hotel itself. This means you have to remove certain things. I saw this with a couple of guests - its not clear to me how they got their "confiscated" goods back.

The entrance/meeting point at the hotel from the non airside of the terminal is on the far left hand side of the building, at the very back. There is a desk there with a poster of the hotel on it. Unfortunately this desk does not seem to be well attended and so its quite confusing on how you alert people that you have arrived/want to check in. There is also not someone there to enquire about pricing. I found out the pricing by looking through the papers on their desk but it can be quite frustrating if you have arrived and just want to get to bed as quickly as you can. The only way I was able to book the room/get someone to come was by phoning the number on the poster. This is not clear and also not easy from an international phone (trying to work out how to dial the local number for example) . Reception did not immediately pick up and then trying to explain to them exactly where I was in the terminal was a little annoying , especially when you are tired. I imagine that the process is a lot easier for people who have pre-booked or are entering from airside.
Apart from the initial frustrations of getting into the hotel, I did have a good stay, and slept well. I will plan in advance the next time I travel so that I can make better use of this opportunity

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Eaton_Smart, General Manager at Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Eaton Smart!

We are glad that you liked our spacious room and amenities and had a good rest. We also thank you for bestowing us with wonderful ratings. The security checking and verification are standard procedures and we thank you for your co-operation. Having said that, we would also suggest you to book your stay in advance to enjoy the effortless check-in and stopover with us.

Many thanks for your custom and feedback, we look forward to serving you again.

Hotel Manager

Been to Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel? Share your experiences!