“Could be a haven or hell” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel

You added Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel to your Saves list
Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Level 5, Terminal 3 | Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi 110 037, India   |
Ranked #140 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Could be a haven or hell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

the place is fine
i had a long lay over in delhi like 12 hours and there is just no place to stay even at the new airport.
air india just abandoned me here even though i was flying business class its very expensive $40 us for a sandwich internet very expensive and did not work in our room not did the tv. the staff are helpful enough.I suppose it depends on how much u need it on how good it is. The beds in our room were very small and uncomfortable but the linen was clean and the water warm
i would not stay again by choice but if you have a long lay over in delhi there is no choice.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Hotel was the Refuge I Needed. It was 18 days after a total knee replacement; I could walk, but just barely. My local flight from Coimbatore, India arrived at 2:00 in the afternoon, and my connections to New Jersey didn't leave for another 12 hours. I was completely exhausted.

The hotel counter is a small unassuming place, an easy to miss sign is at the back of the busy international terminal, on the departure level. I was in a wheel chair and inquired about a room; the attendant made a phone call and shortly the hotel manager came to the desk. I was welcomed warmly, as if I was an old friend. Rooms were available, with rates based on length of stay. The minimum rate was for 4 hours, with additional blocks available as needed.

After checking in, the manager wheeled me to my room, pointing out the restaurant and exercise area along the way. Upon reaching my room he gave me a full demo of all the features, Internet, TV, Entertainment; I was half asleep and missed much of what he had to say. It was a small, but highly efficient and modern room. The bath was nearly as large, tiled, bright, clean and equally efficient.

Afterwards, the manager contacted my airline and arranged for a wheelchair to be at my door an hour prior to boarding. A wake up call was scheduled to give me time for a shower and I stretched out on the most comfortable bed I'd felt in recent memory.

The next 7 hours disappeared in a blink of an eye, my phone rang with my wake up call and was followed shortly with a knock on the door, a wheel chair to take me to the check-in counter, and then to my gate,

I have stayed in many hotels, but this one provided the best service, at a time when I needed it most. I'm very thankful for efforts that went way beyond what was expected.

If you have a lay-over in Delhi, it's much more convenient to stay in this airport facility than it is to find an offsite hotel; it's quiet, comfortable, safe and convenient. It's at the top of my list.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Location
Hotel within is international departures area located on level 5 up on elevator near various lounges- 3 minute walk to shops. The corridor to the lounge is located next to a pharmacy in the main shopping area before the walk to gates. Signage is clear within area.
Room
Very comfortable room overall. Double bed, very good lighting system with iphone docking alarm clock. Lots of plugs a small desk area and medium sized TV with many choices. Decent bathroom and powerful shower with adequate supply of non branded amenities shower gel, shampoo, moisturiser, toothbrush etc. Windows offer a view from above of the inside of the airport.
Facilities
WIFI is secure and password is issued at reception although believe it only works on one device. However it is fairly fast. Other facilities include a restaurant but did not use.
Staff
Staff were very nice and friendly offering assistance to room. Check-in and check out was smooth but they don't initially mention the WIFI password.
Overall hotel was very comfortable for a transit hotel at DEL, very clean and room up to 4 star standards. Staff were ok and location is very convenient to international departures shops area.

Room Tip: Ask for WIFI password when checking in to save you going back.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Aizawl, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Came in from Dubai on the evening flight on 27th May. I was received at the arrival hall by the hotel staff. The walk from the international arrival to the hotel took a while even though we were in the same building. The amount of security checks you have to go through really puts you off and security personnel were not the most polite. After a long international flight this gets on your nerves . The hotel should address this hassle in consultation with airport security.

Check in was smooth as I had done a prior booking from Cape Town. The tariff was around INR 9000+ for about 12 hrs (wake up call at 7:30 next morning).

After a 14 hr flight and a 10 hr layover at Dubai airport I really needed a good rub down. But the front desk staff could not tell when the spa would be free. I ended up missing the massage that I was looking forward to.

Standard room is good with a good modern bathroom sans a bathtub. I had difficulty connecting to the free wifi. There is no room service but there is quite a nice restaurant in the hotel. The menu though is very limited, thus my wish to have a proper indian biryani was not realized.

Very convenient if you are a transit passenger at Delhi airport and needed to get some good sleep without wasting time and money to go out to the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

very well located, for one night stay , Other hotels could learn a thing or two from this team. The hotel was located steps away from the boarding gate so after check in and immigration we rested for the long haul flights and the staff was even able to speak with the airline to get our seats situated. Very convenient and effortless.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Pros;
+ Very well finished with a comfortable bed and excellent bathroom.
+ Apart from the odd announcement it is a very quiet stay.
+ The view of the runway from the breakfast room is very good.

Cons;
- Pricey as you are a captive market.
- Wifi was very hit and miss.

Breakfast; Included in the 12hr stay option. An average buffet style.

Location; Slap bang in the centre of the airport. A fantastic place for any long layover.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My twin toddlers and I were received by the hotel representative at the aircraft door. They took care of my luggage, entertained my kids while I went through custom, they took us to our nice clean room and then help us checked in the next day for our domestic connection. When we arrived at our destination we found out that the airline had forgotten to load our luggage. Eaton smart hotel, Delhi tracked down my 6 huge suitcases and after three days I received them all. It it wasn't for Eaton Smart hotel I would have lost my luggage.
Thank you staff at the Eaton Smart hotel for making my trip with my 3 years old twins so easy and enjoyable. Thank you for everything.
The room wasn't big or child friendly and the bathroom was quite slippery but your excellent service will always bring me and my family back to your hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport Transit Hotel? Share your experiences!