“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Suncourt Corporate

You added Hotel Suncourt Corporate to your Saves list
Hotel Suncourt Corporate
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6A/67 W.E.A Channa Market | Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #49 of 611 Hotels in New Delhi
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. Was very nice to have a nice and clean room after a long trip in car.
My room had AC, fan, fridge with soft drinks and snacks, cable tv, hot water and great Internet reception from the room.
Try the restaurant, the have very good food. The staff is friendly and helpful.
Is a bit pricy in comparison with hotels in other cities in India but I think was a good value for a hotel in a big city.

• Stayed December 2012
akt1957, Owner at Hotel Suncourt Corporate, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Greetings from Hotel Suncourt Corporate!!
We are thankful to you for writing a review of our hotel. It is only the pleasure of pleasing our customers that keeps us going and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will strive to improve our services even further and we will make sure that you keep patronizing our hotel as you have been doing in the past. Thank you for referring to us a 'nice hotel"

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Was staying here the first night of an intrepid tour, rooms were clean and small but adequately sized. The location is only 10 mins walk to Karol Bagh metro station, which is pretty good.

My problem with this hotel, is that because I was staying here the first night of my tour, and I was arriving a day earlier, I booked an additional night before the tour started. On arrival, they said the hotel was fully booked, and then transferred me to a different hotel, that was not as nice as the Suncourt, without a proper explanation. Wasn't particularly happy, as wouldn't have paid the same money for the second hotel, but on the plus side the staff were better there! A few other people in my tour group had the same problem, but not sure if this is a regular occurence or a one off.

Just to be aware, there is another Suncourt (Suncourt Hotel Yatri) nearby, which is where my taxi dropped me off, but they helpfully sent me the doorman with me to take me to the right Suncourt (Suncourt Corporate).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
akt1957, Owner at Hotel Suncourt Corporate, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Greetings from Hotel Suncourt Corporate
Thanks for patronizing our hotel for your stay in Delhi
Thanks for writing a review of our hotel.& stating it as very comfortable.
You have praised the rooms to be clean & adequately sized .
You have also praised the location near METRO station & market
You had some complaint regarding shifting you to other hotel. I am extremely sorry for the same.
I want to assure you that it is not a regular feature. It happens only in very rare cases when flights are disturbed due to bad weather or some travelers extension of stay. .
Your suggestions are very essential for us .They are like a mirror to us where we can look at our mistakes & improve our self
Thanks & Regards. Ashok Taneja +91 9810104774
Chennai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family was transiting in Delhi for one night on our way to rishikesh and I booked this hotel through Makemytrip. I landed in delhi first and decided to check in before my family arrived. I walked into the hotel and it seemed like a very shady place. The staff at the reception wanted to check me in but I wanted to see the room. He told me that he was giving us the best rooms (we had booked 3 rooms) in the hotel. The corridoor leading to the room was filled with junk (broken window panes, door frames etc) and the moment he opened the door, I knew I had been cheated. The rooms are half the size they claim it is, there is barely space to walk. The bathrooms had leaks everywhere and worst of all the room smelled so musty and smoky. I told him this was unacceptable as it was not what they portrayed on their website and the makemytrip site. He had the audacity to tell me that if they didnt put good pictures, they wouldnt get customers. He then said that if we paid another 700 rs per room extra he could put us up in another hotel of theirs and when I went and saw that room, i almost had a heart attack. The guests hadnt checked out, and he just walked in to the room. Luckily there was no one in the room. The room was so shabby and dirty. I simply had no words. The fact that the room was so unclean was one thing, but the fact that they could just walk in into a guests room when the guests werent around, was very unsettling.

Now here is the best part, they refused to refund my money to me. I had paid via makemytrip and so i took it up with them as well. Makemytrip has a money back guarantee that if the hotel has been misrepresented or the amenities are not what they claim to be, then make my trip guarantees a 100% refund. I tried my best to make the customer representative understand that this was not the same as the pics on their website. Unfortunately, the hotel people won as they refused to give me my refund. I had to roam on the streets of delhi to find another decent hotel before my family arrived.

With the condition of the room and the attitude of the manager, I would have expected makemytrip to be more helpful. Unfortunately that wasnt the case. Forget visiting this hotel again, I am not sure I will use makemytrip again if this is the kind of accountability that they have.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
akt1957, Owner at Hotel Suncourt Corporate, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Greetings from Suncourt corporate
Thanks for writing a false review which is far away from truth.
U have chosen this platform of tripadvisor to black mail us.
I would like to assure the traveler community that whatever is written in this is not the truth.
She was adamant for refund. She came to the hotel to ask for refund 2 hours before the expected time of arrival for reasons better known to her.When we told her that this was not possible as per cancellation policy.She got furious and talked to tr agent. She got the same reply from there too.
She then insisted to show the rooms which we did. She said 'i do not like the rooms'.
We asked if she wanted to see our other property. She was taken to other property. Before showing the room we told her that guest has checked out but his packed luggage is in the room.
Again she asked for refund which was refused.
If we had given the refund it was ok for her.& she would had no complaints.
She cooked up this false story & reviewed on tripadvisor
I invite anyone from traveler community to come & see for himself /herself whether she is right or it is just a blackmail .
Our actual photographs have been uploaded on the net. Make my trip always sends its own team of photographers . They never take photographs from the concerned hotel.
Please do not believe this review. This is just a black mail for not meeting the demands of this reviewer
Thanks & Regards. Hotel Management
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is worth a visit if you are visiting Delhi. The welcome was very warm and the staff were courteous and very efficient. The rooms were cleaned each day and adjustments made if you wished it. The hotel is very near to all amenities and metro. The receptionist was very welcome ing and wasable to give us all the information that we needed. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings from Hotel Suncourt Corporate!!
We are thankful to you for writing a review of our hotel. It is only the pleasure of pleasing our customers that keeps us going and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will strive to improve our services even further and we will make sure that you keep patronizing our hotel as you have been doing in the past. Thank you for referring to us a 'home away from home'

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel is well located in the Karol Bagh area, ca. 6-10 min walk from the metro station (by the way I strongly recommend to use metro to go around Delhi, as no more crowded nor more "dangerous" than any other metro in the world). Area is crowded during the day/night as there are plenty of shops, but I would rate it as "safe" to walk. Rooms are good (I was in the lowest of the two categories) even if not with latest furniture especially in the toilet. As it was almost December I did not have the need of air conditioning, so I did not try it... But hot water was always available, at least in the time between 6.00 am to 10.00 pm as specified at the reception, TV and especially internet (wi-fi) was also working. Just some minor "less positive" points: 1) linen were not perfectly clean, so my suspect was that they had not been completely replaced before my arrival. 2) Breakfast very basic (toasted bread, jam and butter plus coffee or tee and one juice). 3) Also restaurant/menu very basic and not 100% sure food was prepared by them or maybe sourced from external shops. But very close there is a very good and cheap restaurant (see other review). 4) In the room there was a so noisy wall clock, that I decided to remove the battery during the night... 5) Despite applicable taxes had been asked and confirmed by mail, at departure there has been a very awkward attempt to charge an additional 10% service tax, immediately withdrawn at my first deny (gents don't jeopardize your reputation with this things!).
In summary an overall positive experience if you are a budget traveller that can compromise on something.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Greetings from Hotel Suncourt Corporate!!
We are thankful to you for writing a review of our hotel. It is only the pleasure of pleasing our customers that keeps us going and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel except some minor issues.
We have replaced the wall clock with a soundless one.
Yes you r right we have a basic kitchen to cater to our guests only. We have just 15 rooms. All things mentioned in the menu r prepared in our kitchen
We will take necessary action against the staff who tried to charge u more. This is done by greedy staff without our knowledge

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Friendly staff who tried hard to help in every way but like India sometimes just didn't quite get it right. Great location close to markets, Metro station and Delhi town centre. Not five star but you could do at a lot worse.

Room Tip: check the hot water higher floors are quiter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings from Hotel Suncourt Corporate!!
We are thankful to you for writing a review of our hotel. It is only the pleasure of pleasing our customers that keeps us going and we are sorry to know that you were not satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Yes it is true we are not a 5 star hotel. We charge u 1/10 th of what u pay in 5 star hotel. We give u the best services in our category of budget hotels. Still We will strive to improve our services even further and we will make sure that you keep patronizing our hotel as you have been doing in the past.
Our entire team is very thankful to you for your reviews

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel was a lot better than another we stayed in in the same area and was fairly clean, although some odd smells in the bathroom and small room. But super-comfy bed and some great staff.
Travelling on a budget the major problem was when checking out (very early) the price we negotiated when booking the hotel (making very clear it was including taxes) was made much more by the addition of taxes and an inflated taxi price- it really felt like the guy at reception was trying to take advantage, especially, after an argument, telling us that if we paid by cash (as opposed to card) we wouldn't have to pay the extra taxes! It's not much money in the grand scheme of things but it's the principle really. Do be careful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings from Hotel Suncourt Corporate
Thanks for patronizing our hotel for your stay in Delhi
Thanks for writing a review of our hotel.& stating it was lot better than other hotels . .
You have also praised as fairly clean room ,with super-comfy beds & great staff.
You had some complaints regarding taxes. We take extra care that every thing should be settled before check-in. Some greedy staff take undue advantage at the time of early check-out. They demand cash as they can hide it from the owner. If you pay by credit card they can not hide anything you pay.
Regarding TAXI over pricing i can comment only if you had mentioned the amount.. Normally TAXI is not easily available early morning . They charge extra extra for night . IT IS called NIGHT CHARGE.
wE ARE TRYING TO OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM Sorry for the inconvenience
Your complaints are very essential for us .They are like a mirror to us where we can look at our mistakes & improve our self. We also come to know what our staff is doing.
Thanks & Regards. Ashok Taneja +91 9810104774

Been to Hotel Suncourt Corporate? Share your experiences!