“An Embarrassment” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida

You added Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13B Mayur Vihar, District Centre, New Delhi 110091, India (Formerly Hilton New Delhi-Noida-Mayur Vihar)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #101 of 612 Hotels in New Delhi
Singapore
“An Embarrassment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If this hotel is not an embarrassment to the IHG Group, then it should be.

For potential visitors: if you enjoy the smell of raw sewage (on a good day 'treated sewage' - when the wind is favourable) then this is the place for you. The entire hotel stinks (and this is not a metaphorical description, although it works just as well).

The whole place stinks; from the entrance, through to the reception area, to the exclusive outside deck for smokers (replete with rat traps and a bewildering array of pigeon droppings) through to every floor.

The 'management' - and the term is deliberately placed within inverted commas - does its best to mask the attendant smells with a cornucopia of equally disgusting synthetic scents, but the smell is as pervasive as the cloying, sycophantic subservience of the staff whose training must have been initiated by someone with an unhealthy reverence for the British colonialists.

On the positive side: the rooms are ok, and the food at the ONE restaurant is reasonably good. They make a decent attempt at passing off yesterday's unwanted food at the next 'buffet', and the local, freshly prepared cuisine, is very good. There you go, a positive comment.

That's about as good as it gets. It's taken them 7 months to rebuild (sorry, 'renovate'), the pool area - for heaven's sake, a single builder with a trowel and a bucket could have done the same in 4 months - and there are still (February 2015) no signs that it will be completed - it remains a construction site (albeit marginally more aesthetically pleasing than the hotel's environs).

Bad hotels often have a 'good location' to temper the awfulness of the property. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere; 50 yards from a fetid river; 75 yards from a sewage treatment plant, and 30 yards (if you get the wrong room) from a railway line.

How people can rate this establishment as 'excellent' or even 'good' is utterly beyond me. Oh yes, it's dirt cheap. 'Dirt' being an operative (and appropriate) word.

And there is one consolation: it's not as bad as the Holiday Inn next door. That has to be something to be proud of.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
GM_MayurVihar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Grizzwald,

We sincerely apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay.
We feel sad to learn that you did not had a comfortable stay and really regret for not fulfilling your expectations.
We would appreciate if you could share your contact details so that i can speak to you personally.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Redhill, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I guess the title of my review sums up my stay. To be fair, the rooms are really nice but it all stops there. I was upgraded to a room that had a view of the sewage treatment plant. The smell is awful and the surrounding of the hotel, including the walk to the nearby metro station, can be intimidating. I booked a taxi through the hotel for day trip and was overcharged by the taxi driver. Overcharged is actually an understatement.. I was charged nearly 80 kms extra than what I had done. I complained to the hotel but they put up their hands and all they had to say was that the taxi company was private and does not belong to the hotel I think that the hotel has a responsibility towards its guests and should stop using the local taxi stand and instead provide the number for a Meru taxi or a radio taxi. If this could happen to me as a person of Indian origin who has lived in New Delhi, I cannot even imagine how foreigners get charged without even realizing that they have been scammed. Would I say there again? probably not...

Room Tip: probably any room that does not overlook the sewage plant if you still decide to stay there after my...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
GM_MayurVihar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Sahsameer,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay and service shortfall related to transportation. We would take cognizance of your feedback and will definitely take corrective actions on the same.
We hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm hospitality that my team always strives to deliver.

harrow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed in four hotels in my recent travels around india and I must say I'm not sure what this hotel is trying to be.
It's planted in a not very pleasant spot in Delhi, the room and general hotel finishes are poor quality with poor finishing and the bar had a very limited selection including imported low cost beers but not low cost to buy.
The food quality was also below what we expected and become accustomed to in similar ranked hotels in India.
We therfore booked out earlier than anticipated and went elsewhere.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Lee,

We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay.
We are thankful to you for sharing your valuable feedback and letting us understand what is important for our guests.
We hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm hospitality.

Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed b/w Jan.28-31, 3 nights. During my staying, I enjoyed party at the restaurant. The menu was including Sushi, very delicious. Location is so nice, very cross to the Indian museum and Victoria Memorial and another sightseeing spots and good restaurants. Around the hotel, you can find out the noisy and dirty market, but you feel comfortable to stay in the hotel. Very quiet. Just 45 minutes from International airport by taxi, just 700 Rs.

Room Tip: Room with the view of the pool, so quiet.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am currently in reaidence for 4 weeks on business & cant wait to vacate this place. The good points are a very comfy bed, food is good, service pleasant......the bad points are: there is no pool so false advertising!!! Its in the middle of nowhere & miles from anywhere, & finally & most importantly there is an open sewage works at the back & a very polluted river at the front, the smell at certain times of day pervade the outside & inside of the hotel & into the one & only restaurant, it makes one gag tremendously & stays inside the mouth & nostrils for ages!!!!! Most unhealthy. Why oh Why have Crowne Plaza with their millions not dredged or cleaned this place up! I understand this hotel is only 4 years old so shame on the builders for putting it here in the first place. I so wish I was in the Suryaa ...

Room Tip: The higher the better to avoid the smell
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
GM_MayurVihar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Exetergirl,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida.

We are pleased to know that our Hotel staff lived up to your expectation. We recommend exploring our great city from the Blue Line Metro Station which is just approx 500 meters away and connects guests to Delhi City Centre within 20 minutes. Noida Sector 18 for shopping and dining options is only 10 minutes away by the car.

Also, we would like to bring to your kind notice that our pool is currently under maintenance and should be up and running tentatively by the month of April.

It is our commitment to provide our guests with the five star and seamless stay experience expected of a Luxury Hotel. Please be assured that your feedback helps us to focus on what is important for our guests.

Thank you for staying with us.

Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Due to my work,I am always on wheels/air and travelling across Europe & Asia and as a first preference I always opt for IHG group hotels (Crowne Plaza,HI etc.) and the reason behind it gets very clear when you stay in there.This time I opted for Crowne Plaza during my trip to India & I found a great hospitality at front desk,well maintained fitness club along with Sauna/Steam bath,healthy & delicious breakfast,very much spacious rooms,good comfort and a personal care just like in a Family,I have been staying in lot of IHG properties in Europe and believe me this is one of best property in terms of standard,comfort,price & hospitality.Room Service is very quick & availability of front desk is amazing.

I must say Well done IHG & all my thanks to Mr Sunny Chadha (Director,Sales) who gave me all the comfort and suggested me to try this property,I have been already staying now here since last 2 weeks & my stay is now extended for next 8 weeks :) so excited about it as I feel comfort in here.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
GM_MayurVihar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Prashant,

We are glad to learn that you having a comfortable stay at our premises and well looked after by my capable team. Also I would like to take this opportunity specially to thank you for loyalty towards IHG.

Thank you once again for your compliments and feedback, it is rewarding for my team to realize that their warmth and professionalism making your stay memorable.

Hope to serve with you same hospitality in future as well.

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. Good location for work in Noida. Staff is great. Rooms were in great shape. Breakfast buffet was pretty good. Wifi could have been stronger in the room. Would stay here again

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida.

Whilst we are glad that your are happy with your stay and were well-looked after by my capable team. Though we apologies for the service shortfall related to internet. We would take cognizance of your feedback and will definitely take corrective actions on the same.

We would be glad to welcome you back with warm hospitality.

Hotel Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida? Share your experiences!