“Nice, but Extremely Isolated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida

You added Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida to your Saves list
Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mayur Vihar | 13A Mayur Vihar, District Centre, New Delhi 110 091, India (Formerly DoubleTree By Hilton New Delhi-Noida-Mayur Vihar)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #95 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
New Haven, Connecticut
“Nice, but Extremely Isolated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Although the hotel is close to the new Taj Expressway, and the metro station is only a third of a mile away, if you’re not comfortable with New Delhi’s metro or its chaotic traffic, you’re going to feel very isolated in this industrial area not remotely close to anything. Nevertheless, it worked well for two nights with our Gate1 travel group. Much more luxurious than the Holiday Inns where I have stayed in the US, public areas are beautiful in marble and wood, with stainless steel accents. Staff was helpful, friendly, and efficient. The breakfast buffet was plentiful with both western and Indian selections, but the food at the hotel’s restaurants and those of the adjacent Crowne Plaza is both mediocre and overpriced. And since the hotel is so isolated, there are no other dining or shopping options.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Scott T, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear KenCT,
Thank you for your generous compliments, we are glad that you were comfortable and felt well-looked after during your stay with us.

However we agree that Mayur Vihar Extension is indeed still under development to provide more dining and entertainment options. In the meantime, we recommend exploring our great city from the Blue Line Metro Station, which is only 500 metres away and connects guests to Delhi city centre within 20 minutes. Sector 18 for shopping and dining options is only 10 minutes away by car or taxi.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have you with us again in the near future.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've been traveling to India many times. Therefore I'm used to a certain level of service. Even if a hotel is not perfect, usually the service is so high level that it almost makes you forgive the problems they may have in the infrastructure... Not in this case though.

We paid for an extra day to ensure that our early arrival won't be a problem -but they didn't have our rooms, didn't matter that they have confirmed the booking. Unpleasant at least -but the way they constantly lied about the reasons and next steps made it ridiculous. Telling us "two minutes" every half an hour is NOT helping. Plus when I told them that we will then have breakfast until the rooms are ready, the answer was: OK, but we charge the breakfast as extra, since you have no booking for today... I think you're getting the idea of the level of service-mindedness of this hotel.

The rooms themselves are OK by local standards, and even a bit above. Spacious, with normal quality furniture, average hotel beds and average pillows but comparably silent AC. The bathroom is OK, though they have this interesting window in the shower to the room (which can be covered with a dirty-looking shade). If you like kinky, this may be your thing (from the bed you can see what someone is doing on the toilet as well). However, no matter how much you like it, don't risk the round couch-like thing, others liked it too much before -it has some unremovable stains... There are at least plenty of power outlets (not always the case in hotels, eg. next to the bed) and OK TV with a good connecting system where you can plug your own media.

Internet however is just as bad as the service. It is sporadically available, and miraculously they managed to misconfigure the access point they put into my room after complaining, which is not easy to do! So prepare for bad access if your room is at an unlucky location. And yeah, if you somehow manage to connect, you have to select a payment plan, even though it is a free service. Do not ask the front desk about this though, unless you want to be lectured in an incredibly condescending way.

Cleaning is inconsistent, sometimes you get towels that have a few too many brown stains on them than you would like, not everyone is re-filling the shower gel and you may need to use shampoo, some cleaners put your bathroom stuff at one place, then another one rearranges them etc...

Front desk staff is not aware even of the basics, eg. one telling us that the bar and restaurant is 24/7, and when coming back at night and finding it closed, someone else saying that no, it never was 24/7...

But none of these matter. Because what happened on the day before the last is so unbelievably unprofessional that just makes the small stuff irrelevant.

I specifically reconfirmed the length of my stay while checking in, the day after, and the day after, with different front desk staff members. I thought I can be reasonably sure that the booking is not screwed up any more, after 3 people told me the same thing. Then when I went to sleep early on the day before the last, I was woken up by staff entering my room. So these guys are standing there, not even knowing what do they want (repeating that they just have to check the room), trying to contact the front desk on their mobile so they talk to me -so I shout at them and they leave. As it turns out, since I didn't pick up the phone (while sleeping), they wanted to check if I left without paying. Because they managed to mix up my departure date, regardless of 3 people telling me the opposite, and thought I should've left that day. But it comes to their mind at 10pm to check, why someone didn't check out at noon...? At least shouting at the manager on duty made them not to disturb me again for the night, and this is the only good thing I can say about the service here.

There are many hotels in Noida and Delhi. You will get better service even in the worse category ones than in this hotel. Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Scott T, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear n0rdicguy,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida. As we continue to work towards delivering quality service and stay experiences for all our guests, we truly appreciate receiving detailed and constructive feedback from guests such as yourself.

I'm very sorry to learn that the service shortfall and inconveniences you encountered affected what could have been a pleasant stay. I have made sure that all the issues you have brought up, have been conveyed to the relevant departments for prompt action and rectification where required.

I have also personally discussed the issues in depth with my team and we recognise that there had been problem at various levels, we certainly could have handled our communications with you better.

We hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm hospitality that my team always strive to deliver. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for staying with us.

PATIALA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed recently for 1 night , with my Family ( wife and 2 daughters) in Holiday Inn , mayur Vihar, NOIDA. The location is "convenient" though not exactly "beautiful". The Negatives of this otherwise good hotel are:
1. There is a stinky "nallah" nearby, though it does not affect the hotel's "atmosphere " in any way.
2. The hotel is " changing hands" too often....... First it was under the Hilton Group, now a Holiday Inn. Maybe that is a little Demoralizing for the employees, and they seem "wary" and "tired".
3. The Hotel can't be called "sqeaky clean", because the Housekeeping is not doing too good a job.
4. The lower floors are noisy.
5. There is no great view except many flyovers, and a metro railtrack.

Positives:
1. very convenient location.
2. Good buffet spread, especially suitable for the Indian palate, but maybe not that good for a european or american.
3. metro station (new ashok nagar) at walking distance, so commuting to and from the hotel is extremely easy .
4. Room plan is good, so potential of becoming a "topline" hotel definitely exists.

Overall the experience was good, hence i won't say that i faced any problem. best wishes to the staff. I hope Now it remains under the IHG group for a long time.

Room Tip: upper floors, since the rooms are quiet, and the "bird's eye" view of the numerous fly...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Scott T, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear RajanShonek,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your recent stay with us.

Whilst we are glad that your overall experience was positive, we are sorry for the service shortfall. Your points are being addressed by my team members, who continue to work hard to ensure the high standards and quality of our service and food.

We hope to see you again in the near future and would be delighted to welcome you back.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

as a member of the Hilton premium club have been dining in both the ex Hilton hotels in mayur vihar for the last two years and have fund the experience to be just fantastic.Last year as part of the card privilege stayed at the Hilton and was very happy with it.
This year after the taking over of the hotel by Holiday inn the first time we stepped in was to avail of the stay voucher and Boy were we disappointed!!
First of course was the room allotted to us- it was facing the main drain running outside.Though it is known that the location of the hotel is such that half the rooms face the drain it cannot be explained why it was allotted when almost the entire hotel was vacant.
Second the drain smell permeated the room and we had to call housekeeping to wipe the room surfaces with some kind of room freshener which seemed to solve the problem-Why it could not have been done before we checked in is not known.
The tv channels were limited and some popular channels were missing.
The quality of the tv reception was bad .
We tried turning on the radio but the quality of that went bad too round midnight
The bedside clock was not set to the right time.
Most importantly the blind in the bathroom did not come down and had to be pulled down and after that refused to go up.A minor inconvenience for a couple .but what if we had had visitors when the blind would not come down and one of was bathing?
Also when we went down to infinity for breakfast ( which we have enjoyed countless times over the last two years) we found no buffet was set up and we had to ask them what all was available before getting it.On beong asked for paranthas the first response was "we can only give paneer" and it was only after we asked for aloo parantha that we were given one as the end of a "hey chef ban jayegaa kya aloo wala"= as if we were in a dhaba.
the water from the RO was not of RO quality and this had to be pointed out to them when they replaced it with bottled water.
All in all was not a disaster as a stay but if things keep going downhill a stay at this property will soon be a disaster.
Are we going to extend the membership or go back- certainly not- and will also persuade the 10-12 friends who became members as a result of our recommendation to look for other options.

Room Tip: always ensure that you get a room that is facing akshardham and never the drain.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear neeleshkulkarni,

I'm very sorry to learn that the service shortfall and inconveniences you encountered affected what could have been a pleasant stay. I wish to assure you that we have since taken positive steps forward to review and refine our processes, as well as uphold the high standards of our service delivery through the hotel's on-going training programmes. It is our commitment to provide our guests with the five-star and seamless stay experience expected of a luxury hotel.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Meets expectations of a Hilton facility. It's in a decent location, offers high quality stay, security, decent options to have business meetings. I had a very short stay at this place but I think its worth the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was a guest here for 1 night and was not disappointed with my stay.. But I was not awed either..
When I am spending such an amount and staying in a starred hotel, I expect to be overwhelmed with the experience.. However, that was not the case..

Positives:
1) The room was clean and and spacious and was well equipped with what one expects from a 5 star..
2) The bathroom was clean and plush and most sanitary items were available for use..
3) The cafes and restaurant were nice with courteous staff and decent food..

Negatives:
1) There was too much noise from the room above and around - footsteps, cleaning, talking etc etc.. Thicker walls and better soundproofing would have helped..
2) The pillows were very uncomfortable.. There were five of them in my room but I couldn't sleep with any combination..

Overall my stay was an average experience.. Next time I will look for better options..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Harry_nomad,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked our cafe and restaurant on site. We would like to apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodations due to the noise and you found your pillows to be uncomfortable. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights. check in was not a delightful experience that I recall with happiness. But part of the problem was due to my travel agent and it's communication. However the stay was good. I love the breakfast served in this hotel . Just a word of caution about the place, Surrounding environment just stinks as it has sewage area near by. Also there is some deterioration in the level of house keeping. I could see the used bottled water kept on the table and also in the bathroom there was a used soap!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear VSrinivasan,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida? Share your experiences!