“Satisfactory Experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida to your Saves list
Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mayur Vihar | 13A Mayur Vihar, District Centre, New Delhi 110 091, India (Formerly DoubleTree By Hilton New Delhi-Noida-Mayur Vihar)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #117 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
Bangalore, India
“Satisfactory Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was a guest here for 1 night and was not disappointed with my stay.. But I was not awed either..
When I am spending such an amount and staying in a starred hotel, I expect to be overwhelmed with the experience.. However, that was not the case..

Positives:
1) The room was clean and and spacious and was well equipped with what one expects from a 5 star..
2) The bathroom was clean and plush and most sanitary items were available for use..
3) The cafes and restaurant were nice with courteous staff and decent food..

Negatives:
1) There was too much noise from the room above and around - footsteps, cleaning, talking etc etc.. Thicker walls and better soundproofing would have helped..
2) The pillows were very uncomfortable.. There were five of them in my room but I couldn't sleep with any combination..

Overall my stay was an average experience.. Next time I will look for better options..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Harry_nomad,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked our cafe and restaurant on site. We would like to apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodations due to the noise and you found your pillows to be uncomfortable. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights. check in was not a delightful experience that I recall with happiness. But part of the problem was due to my travel agent and it's communication. However the stay was good. I love the breakfast served in this hotel . Just a word of caution about the place, Surrounding environment just stinks as it has sewage area near by. Also there is some deterioration in the level of house keeping. I could see the used bottled water kept on the table and also in the bathroom there was a used soap!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear VSrinivasan,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Used with a package with Gate 1 Travel.

Pros:
-quality mattress, bedding and pillows
-well appointed room
-nice public spaces
-plentiful breakfast
-very useful fitness center

Cons:
-wired Internet worked half the time, paid full price
-off the beaten path

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Swindon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I demanded twin rooms throughout our stay as I was travelling with my son. It said clearly on my Kuoni receipt 'twin room', but they didn't have one and after nearly two hours was taken to a double room where they had to put a mattress down for my son - this is not what I had paid for and I will be taking it up with Kuoni.

Wrote out loads of postcards (one of which was in the form of a sympathy card as my aunt had just died). I was told to take them to the concierge and they would work out the cost of the postage and post it for us, which I did. I also left a generous tip. This was posted on 12th/13th November. I posted a couple more postcards from Agra a few days later. The postcards from Delhi never arrived - the couple from Agra did.

On the plus side, the room was comfortable, their cookies are delicious and the staff were friendly, tho' they won't post the cards you've paid to have posted.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of our golden triangle tour. The first night we got a complimentary upgrade to a suite! Very beautiful and spacious. Their bed was heavenly - we could just stay stuck all day! Every part of the hotel was clean..although when you peek outside window you'll see a few homeless people pitching tents on the grounds nearby. Very sad to see. There was a foul smell coming from the river nearby when we arrived on the last leg of our trip. It didn't really bother us though but I'm sure some other guests would get a bit turned off.
Their breakfast buffet was so-so. Nothing to write home about although we were satisfied with the choices. What we were happy with was the warm chocolate chip cookies they give you as soon as you check in. Yummy!
I'd say the hotel is a bit far off from the city center although it is very accessible as there is a metro station 2 blocks away.
The pool area was very pleasant, nice view of the highway and metro so you see life in Delhi just zipping by. The weather was lovely so we enjoyed the nice breeze when hanging out in that area.
The staff were ver courteous, especially the concierge. They brought us to our room each time we checked in so that was a nice touch as they explained the features of the room to us.
We would definitely stay here again if given the chance to go back to Delhi :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I had booked room + breakfast. On arrival at 2:30am after a long intercontinental flight, I was offered an upgrade to a luxury room for 2000irp. I was told that this includes free breakfast at my room and free internet. As I intended to sleep longer I accepted. After the first night I had chosen the room breakfast option (scrambled eggs + toast). The second morning normal breakfast.

On checkout at 11pm for my late night flight back home (I paid for the full night incl breakfast) they wanted to charge me - beside the 2000 rupees per night not only the normal breakfast but also the room breakfast and of course the Internet. After strong intervention they accepted not to charge for Internet and normal breakfast but I had to pay for the room breakfast (they argued I ordered it after breakfast time at 1200noon).
This all although nobody told me about this restriction AND although I paid full price for the last night (incl. breakfast I never had).
On top of it I realized that they did NOT cancel my credit card deposit at check in of an amount of 45.000 irp. They told me that will only happen after 3days (and I am not sure if they would have done it without my intervention).

I am asking my self if this all happened on purpose or because of carelessness (I do not know what is worse)

I used to have Diamond status at hhonors - After this experience I am sure not to get to this level again - will avoid Hilton wherever I could.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DT_HiltonNoida_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Kvothe63,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at DoubleTree by Hilton New Delhi Noida Mayur Vihar. As we continue to work towards delivering the Hilton quality service and stay experiences for all our guests, we truly appreciate receiving detailed and constructive feedback from guests such as yourself.

I'm very sorry to learn that the service shortfall and inconveniences you encountered affected what could have been a pleasant stay. I have made sure that the issues you have brought up, have been conveyed to the relevant departments for prompt action and rectification where required.

I wish to assure you that we have since taken positive steps forward to review and refine our processes, as well as uphold the high standards of our service delivery through the hotel's on-going training programmes. It is our commitment to provide our guests with the five-star and seamless stay experience expected of a luxury hotel.

We hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future to extend the true and warm hospitality that my team always strive to deliver. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for staying with us.

Yours sincerely,
Scott Thomson
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Experienced a deterioration in the maintenance of the hotel, the TV and remote constantly had issues, the bathroom door would not close, the WC would not flush at the first go, etc. There was no welcoming letter as in the past for an elite member. Though the food was still good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Ranjan G,

My team and I sincerely regret your disappointment with your recent stay with us. I have made sure that the issues you have brought up, from the TV remote, bathroom door and WC flush, have been conveyed to the relevant departments for prompt action and rectification where required.

Please be assured that your feedback helps us to focus on what is important for our guests and we truly hope for another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience to you. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Scott Thomson

Been to Holiday Inn New Delhi Mayur Vihar Noida? Share your experiences!