“Overprized with poor service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Vanson Villa

You added Vanson Villa to your Saves list
Vanson Villa
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   2531, Chuna Mandi | Near Mother Dairy, Pahar Ganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #302 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“Overprized with poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We booked the first two nights after our arrival in India trough the German travel agency STA Travel in Vanson Villa. Due to our booking back home we paid around 20 Euros a night, which is way to overprized for this place. The hotel is situated in a side lane in busy Parhaganj. Especially for woman it's unpleasent to stroll around in this area after dark!
The rooms a smalish and a bit dirty. The receptionists are far away from welcoming. You feel like bothering them if you ask for directions or something.

If you planing to spend this amount of money on hotels you can do way better! For this standard I wouldn't pay more than 600 Rupees!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I booked this hotel through STA Travel. It was only after this that I read the reviews on TripAdvisor. I started to panic, as many people sounded like they were in the same position as me [young backpacker, booked through STA] and had a bad time. I was expecting rooms falling apart, staff who didn't give a damn and a terrible location.

How pleasantly surprised I was. Upon arrival, I found out that the hotel had sent a taxi to pick me up at the airport [through a lack of communication I was unaware of this]. The porters are all kind, helpful and smiling. The management staff are helpful with any questions you may have and are welcoming.
The rooms are nothing to write home to your grandmother about, granted, but the two different rooms I stayed in were both clean, comfortable and good value for money.

Breakfast was included and was a decent start to the day.

Through associates of the hotel, I booked a tour of Rajasthan [which I went on with a friend] which was reasonably priced and a hell of a lot of fun. It is a popular thing to do when it's your first time in India, as we met MANY people along the way doing the same thing. However, the tour wasn't reflective of the hotel, so message me if you'd like more information on that.

My only complaint would be that it can be noisy at night. there isn't any sound dampening between the hallway and the rooms, and it was loud in the corridors with people shouting and moving around. Take earplugs.

All in all, a very helpful hotel for arranging things [tours and taxis], good staff and decent rooms. I feel like the hotel deserves a higher rating, such as 70%.

Room Tip: take a set of earplugs and you'll be fine!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Lucknow, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I Appreciate n thank you hotel staff help me to pay genuine fare for cab from airport transfer otherwise airport driver charge me higher even fought with me, but hotel helped us. I stayed with my wife n child 6 yr old for 3 night inlsv breakfast. We got deal through hotel manager as he committed. Had my breakfast on rooftop open area which is good for me there some Russian foods also prepared as specialist of hotel and prepare by Russian cooks overthere.
Room is okay nice and clean, window we preferred, bathroom size is good and clean even - good lcd we enjoyed on sofa cum bed in my room with my child ‘Kshitij’ he was happy to got puppy toy from manager at front counter at exit gate when we leave out. Its so nice enjoyable and memorable for us. Visit next year in sept when my grandmom’s b’day we celebrate here..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was the first place we stayed in during our trip and had arranged to be picked up from the airport which DIDN'T happen. Although we had paid for this we got no refund, apology or explanation. Our room was very average with a fold out couch/ bed that was broken. we asked to ask to have sheets and blankets. breakfast was very average and no real proper place to sit and eat it. only a rooftop with no shade or your bedroom. There was also constantly people loitering in the hall ways and on the stairs. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone as it was by far the worst hotel we stayed in during our trip around India.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stopped here with my wife for over than one month, and I think this hotel is convinient by price and service. The staff is very friendly, rooms are big and clean. I saw several hotels around Pahar Ganj, but I decided to stop in Vanson Villa. Others are very dirty, rooms are small and you need to sleep with bugs!! Vanson villa is cheap, convinient, located in quiet street, comparing with other hotels... I liked this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, except the top floor... When the generator is working at the roof, the noise is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wonderful experience at your hotel co-operative front office staff they really helped us to travel Delhi & Agra during my stay at very reasonable prices. Delicious hygienic breakfast in the morning We enjoyed so much. Comfortable beds with nice air condition in a hot & crispy day. Visiting again and suggested ever!

Room Tip: super deluxe room no 303
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Myself and a friend stayed here for 1 night before our departure flight 07/07/13 with STA as it was cheap and in New Delhi. We had an Indian driver from our tour who took us to the hotel however he couldn't find it despite living in New Delhi and had to stop to ask 4 times for directions. We arrived and can say the photos must have been taken on opening day as there was dirt everywhere and men hanging in the corridors by heaps of god knows what. Despite hearing negative reviews about the receptionist, he was pretty friendly. Our room was DIRTY! Full of stains, marks on the wall, hairs, loose leads, mould, bin juice and the bathroom floor was covered in flakey bits. The sheets were actually pretty clean which was a relief as we didn't want to touch anything.
We took a walk out and the location is not great if you want a pavement or you are with a family. We did however go out of season but still, we did not feel safe nor comfortable. As we left we had two dodgey guys (who I assumed worked in the hotel) ask us where we were going; One was playing with the fire alarm and kept an eye on us until we had vacated?
Back in our room, our tv remote didn't work and the shower was weak and dirty. We fancied food so took the lift to the "restaurant" on top. I'm glad we did as it was dirty and seemed to consist of a room with a lot of men sat around, feet up, doing nothing! We chose coke and a packet of crisps for dinner from a stall outside instead. The kettle/ hand wash and glasses were the only things provided and they were massively filthy!
I would only stay here is you are really desperate and not a worrier!
Paid 400rupees for the taxi to terminal 3 New Delhi airport and the hotel booked it happily (although taxi was beaten up and had no air con), they wanted us to give the money to them, which we refused to do. Taxi man also tried the line that he collects sterling money and wanted some.
Left a bad memory on our final day in India.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Vanson Villa? Share your experiences!