“No go to Yoko!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Yoko Sizzlers

Yoko Sizzlers
A/262, Defence Colony | Near JLN Stadium Flyover, New Delhi 24, India (Defence Colony)
011- 4109 2525
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,991 of 5,451 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Pizza & Pasta, Continental
Neighborhood: Defence Colony
Description: Since 1986, YOKO SIZZLERS, Restaurant – specializes in quality sizzlers with a portion enough to satiate the heaviest of appetites. Take a look at our menu, and you'll realise the mind boggling variety of sizzlers that greets our patrons. From Chicken, Mutton, Seafood and Vegetarian Sizzlers, Yoko’s does not disappoint anyone. Well, to savour the Sizzlers, you need to create space in your tummy and for that YOKO’s has a whole range of Soups, Cocktails, Salads, Rice Delights, Mini-meals and Sandwiches. And once you are through with the Sizzlers, our vast array of desserts will have your floored.Patronised by film stars, politicians, sports icons, movers & shakers and food connoisseurs, Yoko Sizzlers sets and underlines that the competitors can only follow. Needless to say, to have a taste of the best sizzler anywhere, come home to Yoko Sizzlers.
New Delhi, India
“No go to Yoko!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Me and sister landed at Yoko's Sizzler at Defence Colony a couple of days back for lunch. Seeing the place deserted during lunch hour was a bad sign. There was just 1 more table occupied in the whole restaurant. We went straight to the sizzler section and ordered a couple of chicken sizzlers as recommended by the server. The one good thing I can say is that they had valet service for parking and the food portions were massive...maybe a bit too big! But the sizzler was one big messy heap of soggy fries, assorted veggies, chewy chicken, rubbery stringy cheese and some indistinguishable sauce! Didn't taste bad, but didn't taste good too! One would expect much more when you're paying Rs. 500+ for each sizzler, especially at a joint that sells its self as an expert with Sizzlers. It was ordinary fare no better than regular stuff you'd get at any random food court.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

noida
“very good but not for everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

quick service, amazing sizzlers (both veg and non veg), mostly crowded on weekends.. i loved sizzling brownie, the best i ever had...

someone who has even if a little affinity towards sizzlers, must must go there...
people who are willing to explore new places and ready to try different food may like this...
people who like typical north indian food only may not like this...

Ambiance wise OK... also atmosphere wise tables are little closer as they don't have big space, but since the food is just lovely, yu may compromise on that...

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indore
“Very good for vegetarian sizzlers !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Being a total vegetarian, my eating options are limited at restaurants. Being a big fan of sizzlers, I have tried the dish at different restaurants in delhi and have been hugely disappointed. Most of them serve tasteless sizzled salad and in poor quantity.Yoko's have been my fav place for sizzlers for some time. The delhi branch has been around for a little more than a year I think. Positives - Great iced tea, better veg sizzlers than others such as Kobe and Gole, good quantity, nice soups. Negatives - Less parking space, below average chinese sizzlers, above average price for starters and desserts, less parking space. Initially the service used be good but in the last 2-3 months, they've had problem managing waiting lists and taking orders. I can not say anything about the non-veg dishes though.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Delhi
“A bad & regretful experience, they can be better if they want to...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is in reference to my review posted for this restaurant (on Zomato) and the owner has categorically denied my visiting their outlet. I would like to state that we were there on the 7th of June only and at your outlet (the Defence Colony one). The vehicles are parked right outside the entry. Additionally we had purchased Snapdeal Discount coupons no 521385511 & 521305524 and used them at the same day. We were presented with the feedback form and I clearly remember not filling it and there and then decided that I would give my feedback on Tripadvisor & Zomato webpage.

If still the owner denies our visiting the restaurant, anyone is free to use these Snapdeal Discount coupons no 521385511 & 521305524 which offer 50% discount on the price of the sizzler plus a free iced tea. :D

My earlier review
"Visited this place on Thursday evening 7th Jun '12. We were at the restaurant at 815PM and it was totally empty. The place was seriously warm inside and initially only 1 AC was switched on. After insisting to the staff, they switched on the IInd one, after which the conditions became bearable, though not comfortable.

Ordered the Sizzling Chicken with Shezwan Sauce Sizzler, Chicken Sishalik with Fried Rice, Fried Pepper Chicken Pizza this was the IInd choice as they were out of the ingredients for my 1st choice (dont recollect the name now).
It took atleast 25-30 mins for our food to come. Maybe they were not ready with the ingredients or something else but it took an awful long long time. The pizza came 1st and the moment I saw it, I was regretting ordering it. Never had anything like it before and would never ever like to try anything like that again. This should seriously be avoided at all costs.
Next to come were the sizzlers. In my opinion the chicken in the sizzler was not properly cooked and somehow it felt as it was either a leftover from the afternoon and/or just taken out of the freezer & not cooked nicely. The chicken was very hard to chew in both the sizzlers. Taste wise, as the general consensus here is the 'Sizzling Chicken with Shezwan Sauce Sizzler,' was better of the two and had the chicken inside been tender and well cooked I would have maybe enjoyed my meal even after sampling the disastrous pizza and yes half of which (the pizza) was left over and not eaten. It was so bad I didn't even was to get it packed and take it home.
The best part of the evening was the Sizzling Brownie.

Wouldn't want to visit this place again, however again I am saying, had the chicken been nicely cooked the sizzlers was not bad."

I earlier gave the restaurant 2/5 but now when the owner's blankly denied, I have reduced by 1 point and going to post the same review on tripadvisor and my travelblog too. Cheers

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Delhi, India
“A Disappointing Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had last visited Yoko's at Defence Colony a few months after it was opened and was reasonably impressed by the interiors, service and quality of food. However, what I saw in my last visit has made me change my opinion drastically. We visited Yoko's on 02 Jun 12 (Saturday) for a family get-together, after making a table reservation in the afternoon. However, what we saw on arrival, left me very disappointed !!! The interiors have become jaded and worn out.... there seems to be a general air of disrepair and disinterest !!! Inspite of having pre-booked a table for 12 pax well in advance and spoken to the manager twice, when we finally landed up at the restaurant, we were told after 30 minutes that there was no fish, no seafood and no mutton / lamb dish available...... This on a saturday night (weekend) when any restaurant worth its name would ensure the best possible service to cater for the weekend rush.... On enquiry with the waiter, we were referred to the manager.... The manager on enquiry had no satisfactory answer as to why a restaurant specializing in sizzlers had no fish or lamb / mutton dishes available on a saturday night.... the attitude of the staff as well as the manager was quite unapologetic, rude and could'nt careless and made us feel as if they were doing us a favour by serving us... Finally we had to walk out without dinner, wondering how a reasonably good restaurant chain can have such a poorly managed and operated franchisee ???? Venture to Yoko's at your own risk...

• Visited June 2012